• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

Lylo

protip: if you set CPU affinity for Cemu to cpu 0, 2, 4 and 6 (in task manager) you get a +10 fps boost in Botw.

That's only for those who have an i7 CPU because what it basically does is disable Hyper-threading. It doesn't work for most people, it didn't work for me, i have a i7 6700K.

MUnited83

For you.
Also, try using cycle based timer. Not sure why, but in BOTW it actually performs better using cycle for some reason. 20fps vs 15fps on host based.

Lylo

I have an intel core i7-6700HQ 2.6ghz cpu. That one have hyperthreading? If so, how do I go about changing its affinity?

Are you on Windows 10? If so, open the Task Manager > select the tab Details > right click Cemu.exe > Define affinity > Select only CPUs 0, 2, 4 and 6 > OK. That's it.

Scarecrow

Are you on Windows 10? If so, open the Task Manager > select the tab Details > right click Cemu.exe > Define affinity > Select only CPUs 0, 2, 4 and 6 > OK. That's it.

Right on. I'll test it tonight. Only major problems running now are sinking into the ground and psychedelic cutscenes. Hopin' those are fixed eventually.

LilJoka

Even worse is that magnesis and statis do not work right now. Only two shrines can be beaten.

Majority can be beaten according to Reddit.
There are save games that skip these sections.

Also, it's thought that the collisions are what's breaking grass/water/statis.
Under the map is all the grass!
Once that's fixed I think we are nearly there.

Scarecrow

There's also some videos on how to beat those two shrines using some fancy glitch maneuvers.

MTC100

Banned

The Cemu Devs said something about 3-4 Months till the game will be really playable I think.

Either way, I think I will still get a Switch with BotW instead, once they're in stock or rather once I've finished Persona 5 and Nier. Also can't wait for Mario Odyssey, the Switch is a must have :)

UrbanRats

Are motion controls emulated on Cemu? Since my WiiU gamepad died, i'm locked out of a couple of shrines requiring them, and i'm wondering if in the future Cemu will be the only way for me to 100% the game, lol.
(No, it's nt worth it to replace the gamepad for a couple of shrines in ONE game and a couple of levels in Mario 3d Worlds).

Actually i'm not even sure if it's the gamepad or the battery, since it worked fine in the morning, and then it just didn't turn on anymore in the evening, and wouldn't even if attached to the plug for hours.

Wollan

Once BOTW physics are fixed (seems like they are just around the corner) and performance boosted slightly (I already dip into 30fps territory occasionally) it should be fully playable.

Anim

I've been testing XCX on 1.7.3 and performance seems to be worse across the board compared to 1.7.2. Previously I consistently got 30 fps at 1440p, while now it gets as low as 20 fps for extended periods of time. A few people on Reddit seem to have the same issue, so it looks like the newest release broke something in XCX.

I've been testing XCX on 1.7.3 and performance seems to be worse across the board compared to 1.7.2. Previously I consistently got 30 fps at 1440p, while now it gets as low as 20 fps for extended periods of time. A few people on Reddit seem to have the same issue, so it looks like the newest release broke something in XCX.
The graphic pack release made TP and WW worse for a while too, but I think they're better now.

Mifec

Are motion controls emulated on Cemu? Since my WiiU gamepad died, i'm locked out of a couple of shrines requiring them, and i'm wondering if in the future Cemu will be the only way for me to 100% the game, lol.
(No, it's nt worth it to replace the gamepad for a couple of shrines in ONE game and a couple of levels in Mario 3d Worlds).

Actually i'm not even sure if it's the gamepad or the battery, since it worked fine in the morning, and then it just didn't turn on anymore in the evening, and wouldn't even if attached to the plug for hours.

Yeah I asked this when I saw those shrines and you can emulate it with the mouse.

nkarafo

What the hell... i used a compiled shader cache on BotW and it filled my 16GB system RAM, causing my PC to crash. I had to increase my virtual RAM to an additional 4+ GB in order for it to load.

This can't be right, is it?

Some more BotW shots.

zeldaoutdoors1_by_realghostvids-db2u0qe.jpg

zeldaoutdoors2_by_realghostvids-db2u0r1.jpg

zeldaoutdoors3_by_realghostvids-db2u0re.jpg

MUnited83

For you.

pestul

I'm enjoying the heck out of this on Wii U despite the framerate issues.. I think I'll play through it and then play it again in like 6 months time in 4K downsampled to my 55" TV through SteamLink with maybe a couple of add-on packs (Textures, lighting, etc).

Still waiting for my Switch to finally play BotW but something tells me that this game will be fully playable in Cemu sooner rather than later and I will regret my purchase. It already works really well despite the frame rate and there seems to be only one major bug that affects everything from grass to water and physics. We'll see.

Sayad

Hopefully this runs well on Cemu by the time I'm done with Horizon, Nier:A and then Persona 4, really don't want to play this on WiiU with the framerate issues.

robotrock

Banned
The crisp edges overall lose the soft look the developers were looking to achieve with the watercolor art style.

just kidding lol wish I waited for the CEMU version

Well I'm glad most of you aren't crazy :)

Considering the size of the map and the platform it was originally made for, I've been very impressed with what I've seen so far on Cemu.

shiyrley

Banned
Now that the Zelda compatible version is public I think I'll try it out by ripping my brother's Wii U copy just to check things out. Will comment on peformance with i7 6700k @4.5 GHz and a 1070
"lot of titles."
Can we please stop acting like the Switch will only ever have the currently announced games?

AzaK

I'm enjoying the heck out of this on Wii U despite the framerate issues.. I think I'll play through it and then play it again in like 6 months time in 4K downsampled to my 55" TV through SteamLink with maybe a couple of add-on packs (Textures, lighting, etc).

Yeah the framerate issues aren't really a killer (Except if they kick in in battles) and the game is totally amazing. I don't tend to go back to games so I'm not sure if I'll slow down my playtime (Waiting for CEMU) or just go for it and forget CEMU exists for BotW.

EhoaVash

Can we please stop acting like Nintendo hasn't established a pattern of fewer and fewer quality games with each hardware generation?

idk man i find their wii u output of published games to be top quality compared to their overall output on gamecube/wii which had like 2 or 3 great games but can't stand the overall wii u output ie wii u had the best games in their respective series ie best donkey kong country ( tropical freeze) best mario kart ( mk8 ), best zelda ( botw ), not to mention smash 4 was a leap beyond brawl and etc

idk man i find their wii u output of published games to be top quality compared to their overall output on gamecube/wii which had like 2 or 3 great games but can't stand the overall wii u output ie wii u had the best games in their respective series ie best donkey kong country ( tropical freeze) best mario kart ( mk8 ), best zelda ( botw ), not to mention smash 4 was a leap beyond brawl and etc

I feel Nintendo first party is currently the best they've ever been. I mean I love my NES and SNES, but that's mostly because of the 3rd party titles.

Top Bottom