• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu (Wii U Emulator) introduces customizable graphics (increased internal res&more)

jediyoshi

9ZnlLne.jpg

jnnwoM8.jpg

Pretty sure he means those ugly blur filters on retro games since they call it that in Japan.

Also nice screens although I'd prefer Bayo 1.

Ah that makes much more sense :p

orioto

Good Art™
The problem with that good news is that we'll soon be able to compare 4k Zelda BotW to switch version..
When you can do that with a launch title this is a slight problem.

synce

Wonder if CEMU can make it possible to increase the size of Xenoblade X's text. I would like to finish that game someday but not while all the text is illegible

Caelus

The problem with that good news is that we'll soon be able to compare 4k Zelda BotW to switch version..
When you can do that with a launch title this is a slight problem.

You'd need a pretty hefty PC to run BotW 4k at a stable 30 fps, definitely more expensive than the Switch itself which will probably run it at 1080p. I don't think this is an issue, really.

Wonder if CEMU can make it possible to increase the size of Xenoblade X's text. I would like to finish that game someday but not while all the text is illegible

Maybe support for custom texture packs?

Head.spawn

This is why Breath of the Wild is getting delayed on Wii U. They don't want people posting 4k shots while it's 720p on Switch.

**GAF  EXCLUSIVE**

sorry kamiya

This is a fun way to find out you're blocked by Kamiya. Don't ever say thanks for anything to the guy apparently. lol

Shit is gorgeous.

Gaspard

OMG that Bayo2 screenshot. By the time I build my gaming PC I might be able to re-experience her glory again in 4K. *swoons*

jediyoshi

Care to share information about performance? Does FPS takes a serious hit at 1080p or 4K?

I'll have to do more testing, but first impressions are that any games that already run at stable fullspeed (SM3DW, Pikmin, Zelda HDs, NSMBU, etc) are unaffected at 4k for my system (i5 750 4ghz, gx970).

Seik

Banned
Holy shiiiiiit! :O

THANK YOU CEMU TEAM!!!

EDIT: MK8, Bayo 1/2, W101, DKTP, etc. etc. etc...all is gonna be bloody great in 4K once the emulator will be up for it, this is a great achievement!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wish they would open source it. Also, I still hope the Dolphin team starts working on a Wii U emulator them selves, they have done great with the GCN/Wii one.

This is incredible, hopefully this will become as polished as Dolphin in time. What kind of hardware is needed to run games and full speed currently? Is it as heavily CPU dependent as Dolphin?

This is incredible, hopefully this will become as polished as Dolphin in time. What kind of hardware is needed to run games and full speed currently? Is it as heavily CPU dependent as Dolphin?

All emulators are cpu dependent, specifically the higher single thread performance the better (a small amount of faster cores is better than lots of slower cores).

Once my 75 hr work weeks end I can try this shit.
All emulators are cpu dependent, specifically the higher single thread performance the better (a small amount of faster cores is better than lots of slower cores).
Thats just like saying all programs use the cpu. Duh. Single threaded is good though yea. Most emulators are not cpu limited either, only stuff like bsnes or newer emulators for 6th gen and forwards or demul are very cpu dependent

Depends what game and emulator is being used and also how high you want to bump up resolution. A game emulation performance can be gpu or cpu limited or both in different scenes too. You might be cpu and gpu limited in the same scene and just changing gpu would bump performance too, sometimes significantly and of course the benefit to that scales with rendering resolution and using more shaders and such like with dolphin

Once my 75 hr work weeks end I can try this shit.
Thats just like saying all programs use the cpu. Duh. Single threaded is good though yea. Most emulators are not cpu limited either,

Incorrect... ALL emulators are heavily cpu dependent, the only difference is that for things like ps1/n64 and earlier our tech has gotten to the point that it's pretty negligible for how inaccurate they are.

Emulating is essentially translating and running non-native code in real time... It takes a lot to brute force it.

Top Bottom