• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFA response to anti-gay alleg. "Guilty as charged." Do NOT gloat about eating at CFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
I'm a little shocked that the boycott has had an effect.

That said, I'm going to continue not eating there until they start donating to LGBT causes.

Same here, I figured they'd ride out the slump. I'm hoping maybe they had a true change or heart instead of just looking at the financials.

I'm surprised Oblivion has lasted this long on here, honest conservatives get the indefinite detention ban rather quickly around here.

Looks like someone looking at the polling, ran the numbers, and realized it was a really stupid business decision. Score one for the free market.

ehlxld.gif

Monocle

I do kinda look forward to seeing history and time leave these people behind.
Me too. The other thing I look forward to is blowing my grandkids' minds as we look through the web archives. "This is how some people used to talk. In public. Without a hint of shame or discretion."

DON'T BE SUPPOSTING THEM
havnt u red ur bibble GOD sed u r not suppost to suppost homersexual b cuz their in sin. r u iggorant in rebbleyen of GODs word.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm surprised Oblivion has lasted this long on here, honest conservatives get the indefinite detention ban rather quickly around here.
Nah, Kosmo is still around isn't he?

And I dunno how many times it has to be pointed out, maybe there is something to be said for the fact that he still riles people up so much but

OBLIVION IS A TROLL.

His post history going further back is nothing like the recent (last 6 months) super conservative baiting.

This has been a poli-GAF PSA.

kehs

Banned
Nah, Kosmo is still around isn't he?

And I dunno how many times it has to be pointed out, maybe there is something to be said for the fact that he still riles people up so much but

OBLIVION IS A TROLL.

His post history going further back is nothing like the recent (last 6 months) super conservative baiting.

This has been a poli-GAF PSA.

Kosmo is pretty liberal dude.

Weird how some people spell "Chick-fil-A" way wrong, sometimes multiple different ways in the same post. You're right on their facebook page, you can just scroll up and have a gander...

Anyway, good that they've stopped donations. I didn't think they would.

Even worse when they use it as a term for any chicken/filet sandwich i.e. "Can you go get me a Chick-Fil-A from McDonalds?" or "I want a Fil-A of Fish"

I'm on my phone and can't make a decent new thread, but CFA has agreed to stop donating to anti-gay organizations, supposedly:

http://chicagophoenix.com/2012/09/1...y-donations-mandates-equal-treatment-of-gays/

Just want to give a quick shout out to everyone that was willing to make the difficult sacrifice of not eating a specific sandwich in order to take a stand against a wrongdoing. I understand if it was too hard for some of you to do, but I'm sure your hearts were in the right place.

BBBBBBbbbbutttttt!!!!!

BBbbut! But the people who continued to buy it said a boycott wouldn't do anything!

Ri'Orius

While this is a nice outcome, is anyone else uneasy about the fact that it came about due to political shenanigans from a Chicago Alderman? I know "free speech" was just an excuse for the vast majority of the Freedom Eaters to hide their bigotry, but at the same time, I'm not sure I like the idea that the Chicago government is denying equal access based on political views...

squidyj

While this is a nice outcome, is anyone else uneasy about the fact that it came about due to political shenanigans from a Chicago Alderman? I know "free speech" was just an excuse for the vast majority of the Freedom Eaters to hide their bigotry, but at the same time, I'm not sure I like the idea that the Chicago government is denying equal access based on political views...

mmmm.... moreso for the practice of advocating for the suppression of rights which isn't so much a political view as it is a reprehensible action.

Loxley

I love this veil of "family values" and "traditional marriage". Just stop lying to yourselves and admit you're fucking homophobes.

While I agree about the 'family values' excuses that these people constantly use, they're not homophobes; they're just assholes. I know the term "homophobe" has pretty much been adopted to refer to anyone who has anti-LGBT sentiments no matter what the reason, but I would actually argue that calling them homophobes is letting them off easy. These people are not afraid of gays like severe arachnophobes are afraid of spiders or mysophobes are afraid of germs/bacteria.

Arachnophobes don't hate spiders because the Bible says spiders are abominations.

Although I admit it would be funny if it did.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm on my phone and can't make a decent new thread, but CFA has agreed to stop donating to anti-gay organizations, supposedly:

http://chicagophoenix.com/2012/09/1...y-donations-mandates-equal-treatment-of-gays/

Just want to give a quick shout out to everyone that was willing to make the difficult sacrifice of not eating a specific sandwich in order to take a stand against a wrongdoing. I understand if it was too hard for some of you to do, but I'm sure your hearts were in the right place.

Yeeeeaaahhhhhh, I can eat dat delicious, delicious chikkun again.

Pimpwerx

I never ate there anyway. Serves them right. I hope people continue their boycott.

That said, why can't we do shit like this to the oil companies? I've been boycotting Exxon/Mobil for over a decade now. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom