• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

So they actually hired Petrino again.

board of trustees meeting tomorrow morning at 10 to finalize but yes

not a surprise to louisville fans as bobby still spends a lot of time here, never sold his house after leaving louisville, son graduated 2 years ago and daughter is a senior on the golf team. in short petrino has very much been involved with the school since after the falcons failure

FyreWulff

yes. All the good players in the front seven were underclassmen. If Abdullah comes back, I could see next year being Pelini's best team overall. I don't really care where they rank us though, I'd rather fly under the radar

Bad things seem to happen when Nebraska is ranked. Can they just stay unranked the entire year then magically jump up to the top 10? :V

Also figures Manziel is leaving for the NFL. Cash out as soon as you can!

also our personnel coming back is very reminiscent of the 2005 team, Will Gardner is a pro style big arm qb, receivers are all top notch with parker being the best of the crop, michael dyer in a petrino style offense? yes please

squicken

So they actually hired Petrino again.

I sort of understand it from their perspective. He wasn't any more scummy towards them than most CFB coaches are when they jump ship. They just have to know he's always going to be looking elsewhere. Hope they are smart enough to have a HUGE buyout in the contract

Draxal

I sort of understand it from their perspective. He wasn't any more scummy towards them than most CFB coaches are when they jump ship. They just have to know he's always going to be looking elsewhere. Hope they are smart enough to have a HUGE buyout in the contract

Don't think they would need one, Ville can afford to pay him alot, and his negatives are too huge for any top tier team to consider them even if he wins 3 NC's in a row.

Bad things seem to happen when Nebraska is ranked. Can they just stay unranked the entire year then magically jump up to the top 10? :V
totally agree. That game at Wisconsin a few years ago, we were ranked #8 and...yeah. Fucking Russell Wilson.

I just counted, we had 10 freshmen and RS freshmen in the front 7 rotation who played in multiple games this year. That's insane
Louisville is completely shameless in bringing Petrino back. Laughable stuff.
I think everyone has that ex-gf they'd happily get back together with, even though they broke their heart. That's Petrino.

Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> values

kiPXhfD.gif

andycapps

yes. All the good players in the front seven were underclassmen. If Abdullah comes back, I could see next year being Pelini's best team overall. I don't really care where they rank us though, I'd rather fly under the radar

Flying under the radar is definitely preferable to being underrated. I think a lot of media have little confidence in Pellini.

board of trustees meeting tomorrow morning at 10 to finalize but yes

not a surprise to louisville fans as bobby still spends a lot of time here, never sold his house after leaving louisville, son graduated 2 years ago and daughter is a senior on the golf team. in short petrino has very much been involved with the school since after the falcons failure

You mean since he bailed out during the night with 3 games left in a losing season? Petrino is a piece of shit.

When players arrived at the Atlanta Falcons' practice facility on Wednesday morning, they were greeted by a four-sentence farewell from their former head coach, bobby Petrino.

Flying under the radar is definitely preferable to being underrated. I think a lot of media have little confidence in Pelini.
yeah. he hasnt done much to garner confidence, his teams have failed on the big stage time and again. For better or worse, I still believe he'll get things turned around.
I don't think everyone has that ex-gf that misappropriated university funds and brazenly had an affair with a subordinate.
yeah, but that was with another school!

I'm not going to defend Petrino. I think he's a snake

So, what other vehicles can Petrino get a handjob from an assistant who is engaged to someone else? Speed boat? Hang glider?

EDIT: Actually, I would be super impressed with hang glider.

andycapps

yeah. he hasnt done much to garner confidence, his teams have failed on the big stage time and again. For better or worse, I still believe he'll get things turned around.yeah, but that was with another school!

When he first came there and had some great defenses I really thought he was going to be one of the top coaches, and maybe he could be eventually. There just seems to be such animosity between him and fans and maybe the administration that I wonder how much he's really trying, or if he's just trying to cruise until they fire him and he gets a decent sized buyout. I'm assuming the reason they haven't already is because his buyout is too high.

Limedust

Bobby Petrino Wiki cache

Ahead of formally accepting the Louisville head coaching position in January 2014, Coach Petrino has requested an open tryout for internship positions in the Louisville football office. It is also rumored that he requested a motorcycle parking spot of his own right outside of Papa John's Stadium. Papa John has not returned calls requesting comments on the matter.

XD

Goddamn lol. If I ever hear UL fan utter the word integrity in relation to their coaching staff or administration again...

OH BOY

Not saying anyone here, but, I'm just sayin.

When he first came there and had some great defenses I really thought he was going to be one of the top coaches, and maybe he could be eventually. There just seems to be such animosity between him and fans and maybe the administration that I wonder how much he's really trying, or if he's just trying to cruise until they fire him and he gets a decent sized buyout. I'm assuming the reason they haven't already is because his buyout is too high.
He was defiant when he thought he was out the door but he never wanted to get fired and I think the administration is behind him (at least for another year). One great season will go a long way toward filling the fissure in the fan base.

There are a lot of things Pelini didn't really understand about being HC the first few years, recruiting was one of them. He didnt do a lot on the recruiting side as a DC at Neb, Okla or LSU. Its is a constant going battle, not a side thing you only do 8 months a year like he's done in the past. But I think he's a solid coach, he'd get another DC job in a second if we let him go and would be very successful. He has started to come around and be better in terms of running the program as a whole so I'm glad we stuck with him. We'll find out if it was worth it or not.

Cal head football coach Sonny Dykes announced a restructuring of the Golden Bears’ defensive coaching staff on Wednesday. Defensive coordinator Andy Buh has been reassigned as a position coach, while defensive tackles coach Barry Sacks and defensive backs coach Randy Stewart will not return in 2014.
Works for me. Disappointing that a guy named Barry Sacks is an ineffective DT coach, though. I'm also concerned that seemingly every Cal linebacker wants to leave, and Buh is being reassigned there after a bad year as DC.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
It's never too early for 2014 predictions:

Aug. 28 – Rutgers (The Seattle Game) W (going to this game)
Sept. 6 – at Nevada W (going to this game)
Sept. 13 – Portland State W
Sept. 20 – Oregon L
Sept. 27 – at Utah W (maybe going)
Oct. 4 – California (Homecoming) W (going to this game)
Oct. 10 – at Stanford F it, W (maybe going)
Oct. 18 – Bye
Oct. 25 – Arizona (Dad’s Weekend) W
Nov. 1 – USC L I wouldn't be surprised if we win though, Sark sucks.
Nov. 8 – at Oregon State W (going to this game, love Corvallis)
Nov. 15 – Bye
Nov. 22 – at Arizona State L
Nov. 29 – Washington (Apple Cup) W (will probably go to this game)

Okay, 9 wins is a bit crazy to predict. I do like this schedule though and I will go on record saying anything under 7 wins would be a let down. Go Cougs!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
nothing officially confirmed, but sounds like Tre Mason (Auburn RB) and Adrian Hubbard (Alabama LB) are leaving early.

And LSUs OC has left as well

Only one that was confirmed was Coach Stud, the OL Coach. Cam Ted Ginn's Family Cameron is LSU's OC, though there are rumors of of Cam to Michigan, but those are on the tiny level of rumor.

cdyhybrid

UW’s 2014 schedule:

? = toss-up

Aug. 30: at Hawaii W
Sept. 6: vs. Eastern Washington W
Sept. 13: vs. Illinois W
Sept. 20: vs. Georgia State W

Sept. 27: vs. Stanford ?
Oct. 4: Bye
Oct. 11: at Cal W
Oct. 18: at Oregon ?
Oct. 25: vs. Arizona State ?
Nov. 1: at Colorado W
Nov. 8: vs. UCLA ?
Nov. 15: at Arizona W
Nov. 22: vs. Oregon State W
Nov. 29: at Washington State W

9 wins and 4 toss-ups. With such a weak non-conference schedule and the extra Hawaii game, 10 wins should be the bare minimum for a reasonable expectation. Luckily, 3 of the toss-up games are at home.

UW’s 2014 schedule:

? = toss-up

9 wins and 4 toss-ups. With such a weak non-conference schedule and the extra Hawaii game, 10 wins should be the bare minimum for a reasonable expectation. Luckily, 3 of the toss-up games are at home.

I just realized that next year you guys could theoretically go 16-0. 13 reg season games ( thanks to Hawaii ) + PAC-12 CCG + Natty semi final + National Championship game = 16 games.

You guys could become the new 1972 Dolphins of the college ranks

nothing officially confirmed, but sounds like Tre Mason (Auburn RB) and Adrian Hubbard (Alabama LB) are leaving early.

Tre needs to go. His value couldn't be higher. I love how he plays and how he handled himself while at Auburn. And especially for how hard he took the loss. He was the true MVP of that game.

No that requires a former qb who was arrested for robbery and kicked off another team

Come up with better material. And my joke was much better!

-NeoTB1-

Quoting myself from a few days ago because apparently there's a lot of smoke around a rumor that Zaycoven Henderson has indeed decommitted from UT and will enroll at Tech next Wednesday. Not a done deal, of course, and oftentimes when news like this gets out it actually lessens the chances of a commitment flip happening, but I think this comes as a pretty big surprise to all parties involved as he had previously been so adamant about committing to UT the school, not to Mack Brown/Greg Robinson.

Pretty sure he signed an LOI to Texas already, since he's an early enrollee, so I'm not sure how that will shake out. May be forced to sit a year, may go through an appeals process and get it overturned like Delvon Simmons did for us a few years ago after he signed with UNC and his coach left the day after signing day (he was able to play for us from day one).

::edit::
Hasn't signed an LOI, but has probably signed financial aid papers, which I believe means that UT coaches can call him even now during the dead period.

Seems like he is going to UT after all.

ZECrkCj.png

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
UW’s 2014 schedule:

? = toss-up

Pretty bold for a team that's losing its offense.

Top Bottom