• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Good, get him the F out of cincy. Lets follow up with Marvin going.

xvNGX7n.png

Make Andy drive the moving van.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
After beating Bama, Trevor Knight probably has the start for the next few years anyway unless he reverts drastically. I'm sure he transferred to OU so he could play against Tech to prove the coaches wrong. but he probably won't get that chance. Never use spite to influence your decisions in life...

The whole thing is just ridiculous and the more about the situation that comes out and the more interviews he does the more happy Tech fans are that he's gone. He just really comes off as being an extremely bitter and egotistical individual. Tech screwed him, TCU screwed him, too good to even consider Houston or East Carolina then or now, etc. So many scheister quotes in that article.

NEVER FORGET
TexasTechQBlol.gif

::edit::
Taken from a Tech board -

Nov. 16 - Following 63-34 loss to Baylor, Kingsbury tells media in postgame presser that all three QBs will get reps in team's bye week before playing Texas. Mayfield: 28-of-51, 314 yards, 4 TD, INT, fumble.

Nov. 28 - Following 41-16 loss to Texas, Kingsbury tells media in postgame presser that QB starter for bowl will be an open competition. Mayfield: 24-of-44, 237 yards, INT.

Dec. 13 - Kingsbury tells media definitively that Mayfield was going to be put on scholarship.

Half the stuff Mayfield says in that article is easily publicly disprovable.

Draxal

Weren't there rumors that the whole bike thing was faked and the real reason was that he got his asskicked by his mistress's SO?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly have no problem with other coaches stealing calls. If youre going to keep using the same thing, expect other to pick up on it and take advantage of it.

Now if you got those calls/signals through non game footage then I have a problem with it

I know when we played UT this season the UT linebackers were all VERY interested in what our QB was calling/signaling at the line of scrimmage and relaying the verbiage to the rest of the D. Rumor is that Kliff hadn't changed his signals since A&M and opposing defenses were catching on. After the rumor broke, true or not, some people went back and watched film and saw that there were several calls from game to game this season that indeed hadn't changed (trick play signals in particular were pretty obvious; something like a signal where the QB looked like he was shooting a basketball meant a halfback pass from Kenny Williams, for example).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
"I went to Western Kentucky so I could get close to Louisville," Petrino claims.

"I almost got in two wrecks on my way here." Petrino talking traffic!

@McMurphyESPN: It cost Louisville $11 million to leave Big East. Will cost Petrino $10 million to leave Louisville

yep

@AdamSchefter ESPN Report: #Alabama's Cyrus Kouandjio and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to enter NFL draft

Alabama's having their "players decision" press conference at 4:30 CST, and it sounded like the listed players were HCD, Cyrus, Hubbard, and Pagan. Hubbard was mentioned yesterday as leaving. Sounds like 3 out of 4 leaving, though if Pagan wants to go, hey, that's an open spot for this year.

jakncoke

Banned
A coach that had a rape scandal on his hands moving to a job under sanctions for a rape scandal. Only Franklin got out of his scandal unscathed which I'm sure appealed to the Penn State board. Is this the definition of irony?

I think it shows Penn St is still football first, morals late 5th type of school. Besides the rape thing, this should be a great hire for Penn St.

FyreWulff

A coach that had a rape scandal on his hands moving to a job under sanctions for a rape scandal. Only Franklin got out of his scandal unscathed which I'm sure appealed to the Penn State board. Is this the definition of irony?

They seriously should have been death penaltied. It's clear they learned absolutely nothing.

jjasper

Same with Bama is they bring Kiffin in.
Eh I think Kiffin is a good for for both Bama and Kiffin. Cause Saban will make sure Kiffin behaves and Kiffin will learn a lot from Saban. And Kiffin as a play caller fits Bama's system.

Penn St on the other hand just upped Louisville. You can't hire someone who might have covered up a rape at a school where a bunch of rapes just happened.

Smart for Franklin to get out cause if will never get any better at Vandy than these past two years ( and this year the refs gifted them 2 games)

What the fuck is Louisville thinking there is about a 0 percent chance this doesn't end in disaster for them.

for what its worth
-most boosters wanted to fire kragthorpe after season 1 and rehire bobby after the falcons forced him out early
-despite looking at other jobs petrino was always up front with Jurich, unlike charlie who lied about interviewing after Jurich found out
-jurich set up petrino's interview last hoping that one of other 8 would become a top candidate
-jurich started out the interview with "i really just hate you for everything you did when you left here" and told him to look him in the eye and tell him he has changed "if you lie i will kill you"

everyone knows this is a situation that will have to prove itself, but I don't see Petrino going anywhere for the duration of his contract

bachikarn

for what its worth
-most boosters wanted to fire kragthorpe after season 1 and rehire bobby after the falcons forced him out early
-despite looking at other jobs petrino was always up front with Jurich, unlike charlie who lied about interviewing after Jurich found out
-jurich set up petrino's interview last hoping that one of other 8 would become a top candidate
-jurich started out the interview with "i really just hate you for everything you did when you left here" and told him to look him in the eye and tell him he has changed "if you lie i will kill you"

everyone knows this is a situation that will have to prove itself, but I don't see Petrino going anywhere for the duration of his contract

That sounds like a whole lot of $9.99 bs rumors

Lonestar

Now that Vandy's open, wonder who'll go.

Chance that Kirby finally decides to leave the nest and gets an SEC HC job.
Chance to pick up Kiffikens to fuel more hatred from Tennessee (and save Alabama from itself).

Or the greatest wildcard of them all.

He played at Vanderbilt.
His brother once coached at Vanderbilt.

Yes, I'm talking bout...

m_brownintromonic.jpg

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Fun fact: Petrino should still be working for Louisville under the 10 year contract he signed with them in 2006.

jakncoke

Banned
Twitter is best to read the salt mines.

edit, why is vanderbilt forum on scout.com still using forum software that comes straight out of the 90s.

-NeoTB1-

That never happened. The Falcons never forced him out. Bobby left without telling anyone in the Falcons organization and left notes for everyone.

Yeah, I remember that. I was living in ATL at the time. People were glad he was gone, but the way he did it rubbed just about EVERYONE the wrong way.

Oozer3993

Well, since Saban puts an iron muzzle on all his assistants, we'll continue to never hear from him, or see him, and he's worn out his head coaching welcome, so it'll be awhile before he moves on to something else.

[/sigh]

Nuss showed some promising signs post-McElwain. Up until the last 2 months of this year, our Red Zone Offense was tremendously improved over McElwain. Our overall numbers were up.

But those last 2 games...lack of adjustments were egregious. Maybe he was handcuffed by Saban's FG calls against Auburn, but Oklahoma just pass blitz with no fucks, and Alabama never moved to any quick drop passes, draws, or any other potential counters. Stayed with 5-7 step dropbacks and time consuming routes, and paid the price in sacks.

Dear God no. Michigan just fired a guy because he did that. Al Borges kept pounding his head into that wall so much, I'm surprised Devin Gardner is still alive.

Draxal

Morris (1) Narduzzi (2) to Vanderbilt. I think offensive minds are in higher demand than defensive minds and Franklin was an offensive coach.

edit. JNC Rivals and Scout's forum software are both horrific.

Subitai

Not a fan of the Franklin hiring, but he'll probably get bounced by the next AD and Pres if things don't start off spectacularly for him.

Lonestar

More on Petrino and his buyout clause from WKU:

"Petrino’s WKU contract includes clauses in which the oft-traveled coach must repay the school $1.2 million in six installments beginning a month after he leaves, while the program that hires him must agree to schedule a two-year home-and-home series with WKU."

Interesting.

Link

Meier

If Morris gets hired somewhere, I'm curious if it will affect Dabo getting an extension. His success is largely reliant on his OC.

As a Vanderbilt alum, I'm disappointed to see the coach that got us to three straight bowl games is leaving, but I'm hoping that someone good takes the reins and continues the upward momentum.

Draxal

Not a fan of the Franklin hiring, but he'll probably get bounced by the next AD and Pres if things don't start off spectacularly for him.

He's going to be expensive to fire as he was making around 3 mill at Vanderbilt (private school so he was donored).

If Morris gets hired somewhere, I'm curious if it will affect Dabo getting an extension. His success is largely reliant on his OC.

Yeah, and that's why I thought speculation of other schools poaching Morris was risky, Dabo is a head coach in name only. Vanderbilt can easily afford to pay Morris over his oc pay, but I'm not sure how Clemson will react.

FyreWulff

Interesting.

Link

That home and home thing is pretty smart of WKU, people want to see coaches playing their ex-teams while it's still relevant. Makes for good ratings.

Of course, home and homes can always get bought out anyway...

cashman

Banned
for what its worth

He was never forced out in Atlanta. He just took the Arkansas job and bailed.

cashman

Banned

Morris is the truth. He made Garret Gilbert look like the #1 QB in the nation. Malzahn did a similar thing with Mustain.

Draxal

Morris is the truth. He made Garret Gilbert look like the #1 QB in the nation. Malzahn did a similar thing with Mustain.

I still think Morris would have been the best fit for Texas, obviously timing is off, but if Mack treaded for a couple years while Morris got a HC job someplace else and lit it up. It would have been perfect.

id be interested to know why we passed on morris, think jurich wanted somebody with head coaching experience

Ville is a destination job for current Petrino, if any Texas job opened up for Morris, you'd have to think he'd jump on it.

andycapps

He was never forced out in Atlanta. He just took the Arkansas job and bailed.

That never happened. The Falcons never forced him out. Bobby left without telling anyone in the Falcons organization and left notes for everyone.

Yup, don't forget the fact that he left with 3 games left to go in a season that was in the shitter.. By leaving a note in the players lockers.

Eh I think Kiffin is a good for for both Bama and Kiffin. Cause Saban will make sure Kiffin behaves and Kiffin will learn a lot from Saban. And Kiffin as a play caller fits Bama's system.

I guess we'll see. It's not a done deal, is it? I am looking forward to having Kiffin back in the conference, because I think he makes for good TV, though Saban tends to keep his assistants out of the spotlight, doesn't he? Does he even allow them to do interviews?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I guess we'll see. It's not a done deal, is it? I am looking forward to having Kiffin back in the conference, because I think he makes for good TV, though Saban tends to keep his assistants out of the spotlight, doesn't he? Does he even allow them to do interviews?

Saban doesn't let his staff speak to the media except during all of the media blitz surrounding whatever bowl game we're in.

jakncoke

Banned

Interesting.

Link

Will the home and home still get the usual pay the small schools get? If so Western Kentucky stands to make quite a bit of money here. Well they will regardless, but even more so if the other pay will come into

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

He was head coach option 2 for us behind Kingsbury and I would have had no problem at all with hiring him. IMO he would be the head coach for either A&M or Baylor right now if Sumlin or Briles had left this offseason as they were rumored to be. Really wants to get back to the state of Texas, apparently.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
As an aside, IF we do hire Kiffin, does this count as part of his lifelong trend of failing upward? USC head coach to Bama OC?

Lonestar

I've seen some people say Alabama should go after Morris.

I doubt he'd come, or we could actually pay an assistant HC-Money, which I think he already is making at Clemson.

Also, Tre Mason going to the NFL.

Top Bottom