• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 7 |OT| Chooooklahoma, where the Cyclones come wrecking up the plains

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I don't think any Oregon fans said they were back. The media started spinning that for sure though. They also lost their starting QB, and there have been some other key injuries, and they've been incompetent on offense ever since.

Living in Portland they sure as hell did.. they were right back on that bandwagon..

Herbert out hurts.. but they had issues even with Herbert of being able to play 4 quarters.

It's kind of a team with no identity right now.

Also, I'm probably super salty because I'm a Oregon State fan and they fucking blew a great chance to win today... that run up the middle late that pushed them further out of field goal range killed me just a little more inside. I'm stoked Andersen is gone though.. he was fucking horrible.

A Penn State/Alabama title game would be a national crisis.

I would easily cheer for Alabama

I'd just not watch.

cdyhybrid

Smith keeps calling plays that have to develop 15+ yards downfield when our OL hasn't blocked anyone all half.

It's like I'm watching the Seahawks

Balphon

Living in Portland they sure as hell did.. they were right back on that bandwagon..

Herbert out hurts.. but they had issues even with Herbert of being able to play 4 quarters.

It's kind of a team with no identity right now.

Also, I'm probably super salty because I'm a Oregon State fan and they fucking blew a great chance to win today... that run up the middle late that pushed them further out of field goal range killed me just a little more inside. I'm stoked Andersen is gone though.. he was fucking horrible.

The reasonable ceiling for Oregon this year was probably 7, maaaaaybe 8 wins even with Herbert (and without the other raft of injuries).

And yeah, I was sure the Beavs were going to win that game as I was following it and was surprised by the result.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Oh for sure.. I thought 6-6 was going to be a good year for Oregon... 8-4 would be amazing for them.

I only favor them over OSU with what's left on the schedule.. with Herbert they had a chance with Arizona, Utah and UCLA.. but without.. I think they miss a bowl.

Jhriad

Finally got a charge back on my phone. Offense performed better than I could have imagined especially with how windy it was. Defense played fine but gave up 3 really big plays that were disappointed. JT with 7 TDs is isnae and so is getting 41 first downs.

Glad we get a week off and can rest up for penn st.

Also the real MVP of Nebraska is the Runza, I could eat 10 of those things

Your offense played great. Best of luck the rest of the year. Hope you have/had a good time in Lincoln.

Also, there's a reason why practically all Nebraskans rave about Runza. Delicious fast food.

I don't know where the Beavers go from here. Surely not Riley 3.0. It's always going to be an uphill battle in Corvallis, but Andersen's performance at the challenge that is Oregon St was disgraceful.

Kevtones

Oregon's penalties are so frustrating. Feels like every great play gets negated.

Isn't Taggart a disciplinarian? How are we the most penalized team in the country? Shit is unacceptable.

Your offense played great. Best of luck the rest of the year. Hope you have/had a good time in Lincoln.

Also, there's a reason why practically all Nebraskans rave about Runza. Delicious fast food.

I do admire the dedication of the Nebraska fans, I didn’t hear them boo once tonight. If we have 2 straight 3 and outs the boo birds come out. Fans were also all very nice, much nicer than last time I was out here but could have been due to the score.

I will say memorial stadium lacks some atmosphere in the stadium. The band hardly plays and they rely way too much on songs just over the loud speaker. Also they got rid of the 90s bulls entrance

Oregon's penalties are so frustrating. Feels like every great play gets negated.

Isn't Taggart a disciplinarian? How are we the most penalized team in the country? Shit is unacceptable.

Has been this way since the beginning of the Belotti era for sure. Penalties of all type, but have you ever seen a team commit more dpi than the Ducks?

Oregon's just ready for the season to end.

This reminds me of 2016. We look listless out there.

It's the one thing that worries me. By no means am I down on Taggart, but any new coach is going to get the side eye when their whole narrative for righting a program is "culture change" and you don't see evidence of it sticking. I know there are injuries, but the team is sloppy, indiscipline, and prone to stop working as it was under Helfrich.

A lot of it is on Helfrich too. He made a mess, it'll take time to clean up.

Kevtones

It's the one thing that worries me. By no means am I down on Taggart, but any new coach is going to get the side eye when their whole narrative for righting a program is "culture change" and you don't see evidence of it sticking. I know there are injuries, but the team is sloppy, indiscipline, and prone to stop working as it was under Helfrich.

A lot of it is on Helfrich too. He made a mess, it'll take time to clean up.

Yeah. I'm on board with Taggart. He has a lot to clean up and it's crazy to think it would've been done so quick.

Technically Burmeister is our 5th QB after the two transfers to start the season so the most crippling thing that could happen did happen. Losing Carrington and Brown really hurts and being down Nelson and Mitchell last week was insane.

EDIT: I don't think our play calling though. Two basic run plays on 3/4th and short.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
3 teams from the state of Alabama have beaten LSU at Death Valley this century.

Auburn is not one of those 3 teams.

C4Lukins

So what a crazy few days.

For TCU it all went super great. For UT, they are not ready yet, but they put up an exciting game, and are not embarrassing themselves. If Washington cannot pull this off, complete mass hysteria. But I think it has all been good for the Big 12. Three teams are still in the playoff race, and I think a One loss team as long as it is not in the Big 12 championship game has a good shot of making the playoffs.

Top Bottom