• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, white nationalists don't need to protest in person to organize or recruit or spread their ideology. They're doing a hell of a job of that already thanks to the internet (and that, btw, is where private companies could do a hell of a lot more to counter it without infringing on anyone's civil rights). I can only hope that 1) nobody gets hurt at these rallies (ok, well, no counter-protesters get hurt, not gonna cry if a nazi gets punched) and 2) that images and video of masses of fucking racists carrying torches helps wake people the fuck up and make them realize this is still a real, legitimate fucking problem.

Shauni

Didn't last time this happen there was a massive counter-protest? What happened this time, just too sudden for people to organize?

Tomorrow is an actual massive Neo-nazi rally of the modern era, that free speech shit is just a smokescreen, the attendees are the actual white nationalist monsters, the actual cunts who cream themselves at the mention of ethnic cleansing and have an explicit goal of eliminating Jewish and non-white people in Europe and America, rest assured, every single one of the people at this rally will be a vile cretin.
https://i.redd.it/lljd7qrato8z.png
Way too long but basically the FB event page and all the monsters

Exterminate all Nazi scum for they deserve nothing less

Moderates, it's easy to preach compassion when you're not at the top of the list for murdering

Also stop fellating people who preach for peace with Nazi cunts, Richard Spencer deserved worse

Moderates don't care.

Liberals don't care.

Sooner or later, this is going to come to a head, and there's going to be violence. And when the least of us are getting hurt more than we already have been, they won't fucking care about us then, either.

And to the bolded, yes, he did.

IrishNinja

Moderates don't care.

Liberals don't care.

Sooner or later, this is going to come to a head, and there's going to be violence. And when the least of us are getting hurt more than we already have been, they won't fucking care about us then, either.

And to the bolded, yes, he did.

the same folks you're talking about are clearly showing their asses now

i'm sure there'll be some surprises...but if we're being honest? not many. trump's america upped the ante; if you're still on #TeamBothSides, you ain't about shit

Apt101

Well a lot of replies to respond to, so I won't waste space with a bunch of quotes.

Basically I just refer to my original post; silencing speech is a slippery slope that once engaged is misused. Eventually, by someone, usually the evil people. Stop the stuff that actually advocates violence. Society weeds out the rest for what it is, and contrary to what some people think, we do learn from history. Just look at Germany or Japan. Sure, some assholes there still bubble up to the surface and spout the old hateful rhetoric, but people aren't buying it. And when those hateful elements grow violent they're dealt with.

You start enacting laws that limit speech because this or that is deemed bad today, eventually a bunch of amoral people will rule rational speech hateful because of some external interests - like business. Don't you realize that the entities behind sham media bodies like Fox News would love to shut you up, even jail you - most of us here - for what we type into social media?

My main point here is, if you're a minority or leftist in America, you have to organise amongst yourselves, buy guns, start working out more, generally just get stronger because it's not going to be better from here on out, it will become much worse

Reason and logic and debate won't mean shit by then, though I eagerly look forward to Liberals asking for compassion for a bunch of fucking ghouls

Ms.Galaxy

Well a lot of replies to respond to, so I won't waste space with a bunch of quotes.

Basically I just refer to my original post; silencing speech is a slippery slope that once engaged is misused. Eventually, by someone, usually the evil people. Stop the stuff that actually advocates violence. Society weeds out the rest for what it is, and contrary to what some people think, we do learn from history. Just look at Germany or Japan. Sure, some assholes there still bubble up to the surface and spout the old hateful rhetoric, but people aren't buying it. And when those hateful elements grow violent they're dealt with.

You start enacting laws that limit speech because this or that is deemed bad today, eventually a bunch of amoral people will rule rational speech hateful because of some external interests - like business. Don't you realize that the entities behind sham media bodies like Fox News would love to shut up, even jail, most of us here for what we type into social media?

Let me remind a lot of you that this is what they want:

mauthasen-liberation.gif

clip_image0022.jpg
1375925_231586936999099_674623267_n.jpg

0000005003_1_web.jpg

Look at it, let it burn into your heads. This is what they are advocating for, this is their ideological beliefs. This! Stop defending their rights, they are psychopathic monsters who desire genocide of anyone who doesn't look like them or submit to their views. Anyone waving their "Free Speech, First Amendment" flag are bloody idiots for allowing this "political belief" to flourish. We don't allow bloody ISIS to march in the streets spreading their genocidal ideology, so we shouldn't allow fucking Nazis and White Supremacists do the same.

Shauni

You start enacting laws that limit speech because this or that is deemed bad today, eventually a bunch of amoral people will rule rational speech hateful because of some external interests - like business. Don't you realize that the entities behind sham media bodies like Fox News would love to shut up, even jail, most of us here for what we type into social media?

You realize German has some rather strict hate speech laws right? They literally ban all Nazi symbols and slogans. Hitler's manifesto was banned until like a year ago. That's a weird example to throw in.

The Kree

Banned

mauthasen-liberation.gif

clip_image0022.jpg

0000005003_1_web.jpg

Look at it, let it burn into your heads. This is what they are advocating for, this is their ideological beliefs. This! Stop defending their rights, they are psychopathic monsters who desire genocide of anyone who doesn't look like them or submit to their views. Anyone waving their "Free Speech, First Amendment" flag are bloody idiots for allowing this "political belief" to flourish. We don't allow bloody ISIS to march in the streets spreading their genocidal ideology, so we shouldn't allow fucking Nazis and White Supremacists do the same.

You're wasting your time arguing with people who only think in abstractions. When shit goes down, they and their ideological purity won't be anywhere to be found. They'll be hiding, waiting for the bad shit to be over.

Apt101

mauthasen-liberation.gif

clip_image0022.jpg

0000005003_1_web.jpg

Now you're literally equating the ACLU with genocide, which proves my point.

Where is the massive popular appeal to genocide like this from the alt-right? They're a bunch of dumb fucks who think white people are somehow, magically, oppressed, and that women should make sandwiches or some shit. We shouldn't start limiting free speech because of their idiotic and hateful views.

I want those images fucking autoposted when someone is about to defend Nazis,

I don't give a shit about your both sides narrative when real people are being murdered, the human cost of your moderate ideals is too great to continue it

IrishNinja

literally the difference between this & now is power, that's it

my man tai nehesi-coates literally just wrote about this; we were built on a failed effort at reconstruction where germany bans any nazi effort, and we literally built the confederate traitors into our system

we're not only still paying for those sins; if the same shit went down today, literal legions of legacyzero liberal "moderates" would proclaim we have to incorporate said factions into the union for fear of losing those ever-important votes that no party worth riding for would capitulate to. the awareness has improved, the values haven't.

IMG]http://orig06.deviantart.net/4172/f/2017/084/f/d/boogie2988_middle_by_digi_matrix-db3h3ud.gif[/IMG]

literally fuck every posturing motherfucker that rides the imaginary middle for clicks/love/etc

This physically sickens me to think anybody can genuinely believe this, this is one of the most divisive political times in modern history for a good reason, one side is completely in the wrong no matter how you slice it unless you're a horrible ethno nationalist

It's not a difference of opinions it's people being able to actually stay alive and live their life

Apt101

You realize German has some rather strict hate speech laws right? They literally ban all Nazi symbols and slogans. Hitler's manifesto was banned until like a year ago. That's a weird example to throw in.

Yes I am aware. I lived with a German exchange student for several months and learned all about this.

As I said, things which advocate violence, and the like, should be censored. And Nazi shit, outside of a historical context (like being displayed in museums), is obviously hateful.

These conversations always becomes so binary.

The Kree

Banned
Now you're literally equating the ACLU with genocide, which proves my point.

Where is the massive popular appeal to genocide like this from the alt-right? They're a bunch of dumb fucks who think white people are somehow, magically, oppressed, and that women should make sandwiches or some shit. We shouldn't start limiting free speech because of their idiotic and hateful views.

No she's not equating the ACLU with genocide. She's saying that when you let proponents of genocide talk their way into power, genocide eventually happens.

Shauni

Yes I am aware. I lived with a German exchange student for several months and learned all about this.

As I said, things which advocate violence, and the like, should be censored. And Nazi shit, outside of a historical context (like being displayed in museums), is obviously hateful.

These conversations always becomes so binary.

I don't think you fully seem to grasp that we are talking about Neo-Nazis. Did you not see the pictures with the Nazi salutes and hear about those chantings. It's binary now because we're literally talking about modern day Nazis lol

BBboy20

You're ignoring literally all context about the opponent here.
Nobody answered my question about rather the United States can legally treat nazism as a death threat or not.

What you're asking for to go beyond being the larger voice and roughing them up when needed.

We're fucking aware of the global stakes here but the last fucking thing we need to is to stoop to their level. Because that's their realm. It's what they want.

pigeon

Banned
Stop the stuff that actually advocates violence. Society weeds out the rest for what it is, and contrary to what some people think, we do learn from history. Just look at Germany or Japan. Sure, some assholes there still bubble up to the surface and spout the old hateful rhetoric, but people aren't buying it. And when those hateful elements grow violent they're dealt with.

It's literally illegal to sing the first verse of the national anthem in Germany because the Nazis used it.

You could not have picked a better example of how wrong you are.

Apathy

Take down the statue and grind it into pulp, and flush down the toilet. Do the same with all confederate statues.

Fuck their 'heritage'. It's the equivalent of Germans rallying for a nazi statue.

Naw don't flush it, it's copper. Melt it down and use it to make a statue to really piss off racists and stick it back where this Confederate one is at note.

Apt101

I don't think you fully seem to grasp that we are talking about Neo-Nazis. Did you not see the pictures with the Nazi salutes and hear about those chantings. It's binary now because we're literally talking about modern day Nazis lol

We already crack down on that, and those people will probably be dealt with. We are in agreement here. The FBI has effectively ended the KKK,and Neo Nazis for example. They see that happening, they investigate, and deal with the violent. Should we now censor BLM because some Black Panthers once advocated violence? The right is already trying to do just that, drawing parallels between people that aren't real.

Again, all I am saying, is allow all speech unless it's violent. You act like people are walking around yelling "Kill all n-words, woo! Here's the club to join to kill them!" and nothing is happening to them. That is not the case.

Do I dislike the alt-right rhetoric? Absolutely. It's unworldly to me. A vast regression for a problem that simply doesn't exist, fabricated by entities like The Blaze who profit from scaring young white men. But do I think we need to suddenly start censoring speech because of it? No. My opinion would change if something actually came from it, beyond the typically racially-driven crime. But as of this moment no. I wouldn't say such suggestions are alarmist, but they're in the same orbit.

Apt101

It's literally illegal to sing the first verse of the national anthem in Germany because the Nazis used it.

You could not have picked a better example of how wrong you are.

From my post:

They don't even wear robes and hoods anymore, they feel so safe espousing their monstrous views that they no longer feel the need to wear masks

This cannot continue

Shauni

We already crack down on that, and those people will probably be dealt with. We are in agreement here. The FBI has effectively ended the KKK,and Neo Nazis for example. They see that happening, they investigate, and deal with the violent. Should we now censor BLM because some Black Panthers once advocated violence? The right is already trying to do just that, drawing parallels between people that aren't real.

Again, all I am saying, is allow all speech unless it's violent. You act like people are walking around yelling "Kill all n-words, woo! Here's the club to join to kill them!" and nothing is happening to them. That is not the case.

Do I dislike the alt-right rhetoric? Absolutely. It's unworldly to me. A vast regression for a problem that simply doesn't exist, fabricated by entities like The Blaze who profit from scaring young white men. But do I think we need to suddenly start censoring speech because of it? No. My opinion would change if something actually came from it, beyond the typically racially-driven crime. But as of this moment no. I wouldn't say such suggestions are alarmist, but they're in the same orbit.

My man, you are like posting from an alternate dimension

FStubbs

mauthasen-liberation.gif

clip_image0022.jpg

0000005003_1_web.jpg

This right here. Can't have said it better myself.

The problem is the President, Vice President, Attorney General,and various members of Congress and the Senate ALSO want this.

The current administration's position is that the KKK and Neo Nazis aren't problems, aren't terrorists, and shouldn't be frowned upon, while encouraging their violence at political rallies.

Apt101

My man, you are like posting from an alternate dimension

The FBI has literally gutted those hate groups. They are still actively combating them. This whole alt-right thing is a phenomenon that sprung up in the wake of Trump. Give them time. We'll deal with this.

mjp2417

Banned
It's interesting that there are no Moderate voices in this thread so far. Very interesting.

What the hell is the "moderate" response to Nazis? Let them expel all the minorities but only kill a few of them?

EDIT: Oh this is sarcasm, ok

If you say their name three times they descend to preach about the intolerance of the left. Don't say their name again.

So: leftest authoritarianism is the answer?

So who fucked up?

Apt101

Citation needed

You are seriously unaware that the FBI decimates hate groups? I'm not your college professor. Your own eyes or a simple Google search could inform you of the rise and fall of the KKK, for example.

PS: they didn't diminish without the influence of the US government.

IrishNinja

We already crack down on that, and those people will probably be dealt with. We are in agreement here. The FBI has effectively ended the KKK,and Neo Nazis for example.

The FBI has literally gutted those hate groups. They are still actively combating them. This whole alt-right thing is a phenomenon that sprung up in the wake of Trump. Give them time. We'll deal with this.

f3ojSsY.png
bruh

you literally exist in a timeline where the NRA rides for white supremacy, and the one time the black panthers formed to ride for black gun rights, FBI & other fed extensions took it upon themselves to destroy them while the KKK & like groups infiltrated law enforcement on all levels.

the Southern Poverty Law Center & BLM are considered "hate groups" by the right for literally existing to counter this kinda shit...and every poll shows uncomfortable whites by & large saying they don't wanna talk about this shit, while would-be liberal "allies" all but lining up to lump all of this into "identity politics" & be done with it, because free college would fix this shit right up.

we have actual neo nazis & white supremacists in our administration, my dude. get outside & see where shit's at before putting this out there.

Why do people keep calling them white nationalist instead of white supremacists?

because PR really does work, and most white americans would rather accept rebranding than any minute degree of complicity

Ms.Galaxy

First off, the Alt Right existed long before Trump. Gamergate was literally a kick starting event for them to reach the mainstream. Richard Spencer, the pepe loving fascist, coined the term back in 2010. It existed in the underbellies of 4chan longer than that as /pol. This isn't a new phenomenon, they just feel more empowered now that Donald "Mexicans are rapists, ban all Muslims, Look at my African American behaving" Trump is the president.

Second, I'd love to know what they're gonna do when the President of the United States and his administration literally called right wing terrorism a "likely liberal lie" that doesn't exist, as well as the fact they have literal white supremacists and fascists like Sessions and Bannon in the Trump Administration.

Shauni

You are seriously unaware that the FBI decimates hate groups? I'm not your college professor. Your own eyes or a simple Google search could inform you of the rise and fall of the KKK, for example.

PS: they didn't diminish without the influence of the US government.

The KKK is still around, I hate to tell you. It's mostly in the South, but there's still active chapters in the North too.

You start enacting laws that limit speech because this or that is deemed bad today, eventually a bunch of amoral people will rule rational speech hateful because of some external interests - like business. Don't you realize that the entities behind sham media bodies like Fox News would love to shut you up, even jail you - most of us here - for what we type into social media?

You really Nazi stuff is illegal in Germany right?

The KKK is still around, I hate to tell you. It's mostly in the South, but there's still active chapters in the North too.

not to mention their continued infiltration into law enforcement and criminal justice but just give it time, chums. we'll get through this.

Apt101

f3ojSsY.png
bruh

you literally exist in a timeline where the NRA rides for white supremacy, and the one time the black panthers formed to ride for black gun rights, FBI & other fed extensions took it upon themselves to destroy them while the KKK & like groups infiltrated law enforcement on all levels.

the Southern Poverty Law Center & BLM are considered "hate groups" by the right for literally existing to counter this kinda shit...and every poll shows uncomfortable whites by & large saying they don't wanna talk about this shit, while would-be liberal "allies" all but lining up to lump all of this into "identity politics" & be done with it, because free college would fix this shit right up.

we have actual neo nazis & white supremacists in our administration, my dude. get outside & see where shit's at before putting this out there.

I mentioned that the right considers righteous groups hateful. Part of my argument. And people appointed by some new administration are not the totality of government. The FBI will still squash and/or render hate groups immobile despite who is president. They're an organization of individuals. It seems like the executive branch is fighting Trump and Bannon, for example.

First off, the Alt Right existed long before Trump. Gamergate was literally a kick starting event for them to reach the mainstream. Richard Spencer, the pepe loving fascist, coined the term back in 2010. It existed in the underbellies of 4chan longer than that as /pol. This isn't a new phenomenon, they just feel more empowered now that Donald "Mexicans are rapists, ban all Muslims, Look at my African American behaving" Trump is the president.

Second, I'd love to know what they're gonna do when the President of the United States and his administration literally called right wing terrorism a "likely liberal lie" that doesn't exist, as well as the fact they have literal white supremacists and fascists like Sessions and Bannon in the Trump Administration.

Yes I remember them from back then. I was opining about how they weren't some kind of national presence until after Trump. We all know they rose to prominence during his campaign.

It goes with what I typed before, but they're not going to suddenly elicit the mass murder of people like some have suggested here. We have effective government agencies to prevent that.

pigeon

Banned
The FBI will still squash and/or render hate groups immobile despite who is president.

reuters said:
The Trump administration wants to revamp and rename a U.S. government program designed to counter all violent ideologies so that it focuses solely on Islamist extremism, five people briefed on the matter told Reuters.

The program, "Countering Violent Extremism," or CVE, would be changed to "Countering Islamic Extremism" or "Countering Radical Islamic Extremism," the sources said, and would no longer target groups such as white supremacists who have also carried out bombings and shootings in the United States.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-extremists-program-exclusiv-idUSKBN15G5VO

You're really not, like, up on current events, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom