• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steins;Gate El Psy Kongroo Edition £24.99 from Rice Digital

PS3: http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-el-psy-kongroo-edition-ps3
PS Vita: http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-el-psy-kongroo-edition-ps-vita

sg-epk-news-page-advert-320x320.png

oldmario

anyone know if shopto still do early delivery on saturday for a tuesday release?

I wouldn't mind a Vita actually, since I have a good few cross buy games anyway

How much memory do you generally need?

And do PS1 games work on it?

it depends really, 16gb might be good enough for you if you're one of those people who only keeps games on the memory card when they're playing them if not and you want to keep access for random times then mabybe 32gb will do

most ps1 games on psn do work on vita either by directly downloading them or sometimes you'll need a ps3 to transfer some over

flohen95

I wouldn't mind a Vita actually, since I have a good few cross buy games anyway

How much memory do you generally need?

And do PS1 games work on it?

Depends on the usage. If you want to use any digital stuff (which you will want to, seeing as you're talking about cross buy titles and PS1 games), you'll need at least a 4GB card, since there will be games that won't fit on the built in 1GB the 2000 models have. Even then, though, you'll probably be able to fit 2-3 games at max on that card, and that's without considering any physical games that you might buy - which take up space for save files and patches. Some games have patches easily exceeding 500 MB.

I myself own about 70 physical Vita games and bought 2 digital games (although I have more, either due to promotions or cross buy stuff). A 16 GB card isn't enough if I want to have every game and its data on there. I'd guess that a 8 GB card wouldn't be enough just due to patches and DLC for my physical games.

You should go with at least 8 GB (4 is useless, really, especially with the small difference in price last I checked), but you should be prepared to delete stuff often. If you don't go back to your games anyway or if you don't mind redownloading stuff all the time, you'll get along fine - unless you plan on building a significant library of games (physical or digital), in which case you may as well buy 16 GB or more right off the bat (especially if you focus on digital games).

As for PS1 games, the Vita is compatible with most of the ones available on the PS store, though some will not work and some others, while playable on Vita, can only be transferred via a PS3 since they, for some reason, aren't listed in the Vita's PS store and can't be downloaded by the Vita. I don't know if there's a list around of incompatible games, but you might want to search for that and check if the games you want to play are compatible (though again, most seem to be).

Hope the Amazon game deals pick up, the lighting deals have been lame and the regular reductions have been largely beaten by everyone.

Great DVD and blu Ray deals though.

oni-link

Depends on the usage. If you want to use any digital stuff (which you will want to, seeing as you're talking about cross buy titles and PS1 games), you'll need at least a 4GB card, since there will be games that won't fit on the built in 1GB the 2000 models have. Even then, though, you'll probably be able to fit 2-3 games at max on that card, and that's without considering any physical games that you might buy - which take up space for save files and patches. Some games have patches easily exceeding 500 MB.

I myself own about 70 physical Vita games and bought 2 digital games (although I have more, either due to promotions or cross buy stuff). A 16 GB card isn't enough if I want to have every game and its data on there. I'd guess that a 8 GB card wouldn't be enough just due to patches and DLC for my physical games.

You should go with at least 8 GB (4 is useless, really, especially with the small difference in price last I checked), but you should be prepared to delete stuff often. If you don't go back to your games anyway or if you don't mind redownloading stuff all the time, you'll get along fine - unless you plan on building a significant library of games (physical or digital), in which case you may as well buy 16 GB or more right off the bat (especially if you focus on digital games).

As for PS1 games, the Vita is compatible with most of the ones available on the PS store, though some will not work and some others, while playable on Vita, can only be transferred via a PS3 since they, for some reason, aren't listed in the Vita's PS store and can't be downloaded by the Vita. I don't know if there's a list around of incompatible games, but you might want to search for that and check if the games you want to play are compatible (though again, most seem to be).

Thanks, If I can pick one up cheap (like, under £100, which is probably unlikely) I might, I only have a PS3 atm, so I can use a PS3 to transfer games, I want a portable device to play at work as my lunch breaks are during a time no one else has one (we all have to cover phones so can't all go at once) so as I don't get too much time to play games, it would be cool to play a bit then since it's generally just me alone in the staff room anyway

I borrowed a friends DS but she only has games I don't care about, and I forgot about the Nintendo tax when checking out DS game prices, most of the games I want to play are still over £30

Thanks, If I can pick one up cheap (like, under £100, which is probably unlikely) I might, I only have a PS3 atm, so I can use a PS3 to transfer games, I want a portable device to play at work as my lunch breaks are during a time no one else has one (we all have to cover phones so can't all go at once) so as I don't get too much time to play games, it would be cool to play a bit then since it's generally just me alone in the staff room anyway

I borrowed a friends DS but she only has games I don't care about, and I forgot about the Nintendo tax when checking out DS game prices, most of the games I want to play are still over £30

Not really a tax, more a great way of keeping value for their games. If they sold like shit they'd drop the price, but someone, somewhere must be buying them!

panda-zebra

Banned
Hmmmm £18.99 for Transformers. I think I can wait a little longer for a little cheaper. It was already under £20 delivered simplygames eBay.

oni-link

Not really a tax, more a great way of keeping value for their games. If they sold like shit they'd drop the price, but someone, somewhere must be buying them!

Yeah I know, but it's still annoying

That said, and this is probably a stupid question, but this is the first Black Friday where I have owned a Wii U

What are the chances of a Wii U eShop sale tomorrow?

oni-link

According to the Nintendo Downloads thread there will be daily deals from Friday until Monday with discounts up to 40%.

Nice, I'll check back tomorrow morning then, really want to get some of those Virtual Console games but as a lot are inferior versions I want to get them at a fair price

Normally the sales I do see are for 3/4 games are they're rarely more than 20% off, which is disappointing when compared to most PSN sales

RiggyRob

Exactly - there isn't a Nintendo tax on Codename S.T.E.A.M., so there must be people somewhere buying Super Mario 64 DS for £40.

Sondar

Transformers Devastation £18.99 (XB1 & PS4)
Shadow of Mordor GOTY £15.99 (XB1 & PS4)
Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition £22.99 (XB1 & PS4)

Amazon 3:30pm Lightning Deals - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/deals?ie=UTF8&ref_=nav_cs_gb&gb_hero_f_102=p:1,c:300703,s:available

Just ordered all of the above, 2 gifts and 1 for myself, awesome haul :D

Tempted to buy Divinity, but I'm only about 20 hours into The Witcher 3 which is a game that's going to last me years at this rate.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Weird, Divinity is full price on PS4 for me?

EDIT: Nevermind, comes on in 8mins for prime members. Will get it then.

MQX

Surprised this isn't over at HUKD yet but GAME have the Blazblue ChronoPhantasma extend LE for £19.99 for the PS4 and XB1 versions or £14.99 for PS3 and PSVita, it then knocks £19.98 off the price of the XB1/PS4 versions or £14.98 off the PS3/Vita versions respectively for some reason, making each version 1p each.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...4____ProductDisplayErrorView?productId=783261

Link is to PS4 version. I'll await the cancellation to my order for 1 PS4 copy.
Maybe a late response, but thank you very much for posting this :).

I was too late to get the PS4 version. So I grabbed the PS3 version. Didn't believe that Game(UK) would ship this LE for this (really cheap!!) price(because it was a price error etc.).

I've also selected the "International Shipping" option(because I don't live in the UK :p), but I'm surprised that I've received the LE today(normally, a Zavvi order/games from the UK would take 1-2 week :/).

nib95

Banned
Black Friday week will be the death of my bank account. Buying so much stuff I don't really need but sort of wanted. So tempted buy Divinity, but I've just bought Rome Complete Collection and Hannibal Seasons 1-3 on Blu-ray….hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom