• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Then is it a mistake? I didn't notice that difference before but the cheaper one (the one I ordered) has the bigger card...

Its not a mistake - the old 8GB bundle isnt being sold from amazon anymore - its a 3rdparty seller.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
OK, but even compared to the other vitas that are being sold by amazon the price seems weird.

Its a deal - the price is legit. They have so many bundle, expecting them to drop or adapt the price on every bundle is a bit unrealistic. Same goes for all other console bundles. The Tearaway bundle was also on sale the last couple of weeks - thats just the way it works xD

Its a deal - the price is legit. They have so many bundle, expecting them to drop or adapt the price on every bundle is a bit unrealistic. Same goes for all other console bundles. The Tearaway bundle was also on sale the last couple of weeks - thats just the way it works xD

Well, I ordered it, it's really good value. I shouldn't have though, I totally can't afford it right now.

Son Of D

Was Lego Marvel Super Heroes on WiiU a very limited shipment or something? Game, Amazon and ShopTo are all out of stock. Zavvi don't even seem to stock it. Ebay prices are near full price. I did notice that the CEX nearest to me has it, so I guess I could try going in there.

I'm interested in buying an US version of a game (physical release not digital release). It does not have a European release. I looked on eBay and the cost of importing the game is expensive. It is almost twice as much paying for the item. eBay charge for import charge and the seller charge ridiculous postage cost.

I have bought things from Play-Asia and the delivery were reasonable. Nothing extortionate. Never had to pay import fee etc. Only paid for the item and delivery.

Is there a cheaper way? Other websites that I am not aware of? It is hard to find games that are not European version in retail stores and online stores.

I'm interested in buying an US version of a game (physical release not digital release). It does not have a European release. I looked on eBay and the cost of importing the game is expensive. It is almost twice as much paying for the item. eBay charge for import charge and the seller charge ridiculous postage cost.

I have bought things from Play-Asia and the delivery were reasonable. Nothing extortionate. Never had to pay import fee etc. Only paid for the item and delivery.

Is there a cheaper way? Other websites that I am not aware of? It is hard to find games that are not European version in retail stores and online stores.

Maybe this one?

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/

GJS

£200 aint that great, theres one for 140 on ebay

£125 still if you pick Amazon directly from sellers, but 3-6 week delivery for silver, quicker for blue.

Don't think it is right still for the silver, it is listing the bundle with circle pad etc for the marketplace sellers too and there is no way that is the case.

Shiggy

£125 still if you pick Amazon directly from sellers, but 3-6 week delivery for silver, quicker for blue.

Don't think it is right still for the silver, it is listing the bundle with circle pad etc for the marketplace sellers too and there is no way that is the case.

That's an issue with marketplace sellers: They didn't read the product description carefully.

GJS

That's an issue with marketplace sellers: They didn't read the product description carefully.

Pretty sure the marketplace sellers would have been there listed as silver/black 3DS before amazon updated the product details to a bundle that doesn't exist.

GJS

Well, I don't know. I ordered it and the CS confirmed that all of those items would be included. I mean, other users got an even more precise confirmation: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93728183&postcount=12002

I'm pretty sure I've found what has updated the product description.
This guy selling a second hand silver 3ds XL... with a circle pad pro, charger cable, and monster hunter.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aag/main...48U&isAmazonFulfilled=0&seller=A1VW54HTENB65Z
OBTYmwH.png

GJS

Heh, wow. How does this work though? Can third party sellers simply change the description?

Who knows, I presume there is some form of automation in the formatting of the item page as that stuff is always changing around, pulling in information from different places.

It's always possible that this is some special amazon bundle that's never existed before, and this guy bought it, had it delivered, opened them for some reason and then relisted them for a higher price. Which is the more likely.

Shiggy

Who knows, I presume there is some form of automation in the formatting of the item page as that stuff is always changing around, pulling in information from different places.

It's always possible that this is some special amazon bundle that's never existed before, and this guy bought it, had it delivered, opened them for some reason and then relisted them for a higher price. Which is the more likely.

Well, ordering it is at no risk. If I don't receive everything, I'll just send it back as it's not a that good deal anymore.

Phinor

The info for the 3ds deal is gone.

So it is. That deal was finally good enough for me to consider and actually buy a 3DS but if that stuff isn't included, I'll just have to return/cancel the damn thing and wait for a similar deal. Hopefully Amazon contacts us and clears this whole thing asap. Just removing that info doesn't solve anything considering it was there when we bought the 3DS and also considering how varied the answers from customer service have been over the weekend.

Blue Lou

I don't have permission to create a new topic.

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/section.html?section=announcement

Sainsbury's will no longer sell games online from 28 February.

Sainsbury’s Entertainment to become an entirely on demand website

Due to the rise in demand for downloading and streaming films and music, from March 2014 Sainsbury’s Entertainment will become a completely entertainment on demand site. From 28 February 2014 we will no longer accept online orders for physical products.

The Sainsbury’s Entertainment website will continue to grow, bringing you more music and films to download, and films to stream, on an ever expanding range of devices.

Sainsbury’s will continue to sell DVDs, CDs, books, games and games consoles for sale in more than 1,000 of our stores. Store Locator.

We will fulfil all customer orders placed by 28 February 2014 for products that are available to be delivered before 15 March 2014.

Thank you for shopping at Sainsbury’s Entertainment.

Chanc3r

Neo Member
The Amazon deal for the 3DSXL at £125 has tipped me over the edge and I'm gonna buy it.

Question: the Club Nintendo deal for a free copy of Super Mario 3D Land - anyone know if you can register a digital download or does it have to be a physical game from the list?

Wichu

The Amazon deal for the 3DSXL at £125 has tipped me over the edge and I'm gonna buy it.

Question: the Club Nintendo deal for a free copy of Super Mario 3D Land - anyone know if you can register a digital download or does it have to be a physical game from the list?

It can be digital (make sure you download the game after you register the 3DS or it won't count).

Chanc3r

Neo Member
Thanks.

How are the eShop prices?

Zelda ALBW is £31.99 on Amazon, though I'd prefer the digital version if it's similarly priced.

Chanc3r

Neo Member
That's interesting, hadn't thought of buying a download code. Thanks.

So registering that download after registering the 3DS should count towards the free copy of Mario? How do you register digital games?

That's interesting, hadn't thought of buying a download code. Thanks.

So registering that download after registering the 3DS should count towards the free copy of Mario? How do you register digital games?

If your club nintendo account is linked to your eshop account (well, your nnid now I guess), when you enter the download code it just counts as though you bought it on the eshop, and you get the survey for stars etc as per usual

Zafir

THIEF pre-order at GMG is only £18.90 with TAREM-598HC-6O8XK code if any one is interested.

Edit: Code also works on FFVIII to get it down to around £7

Son Of D

Thanks.

Zelda ALBW is £31.99 on Amazon, though I'd prefer the digital version if it's similarly priced.

If you want to get digital first party Nintendo games, go through Game's website. They're better priced than the eShop. £42.99 (Game) vs £49.99 (eShop) for Mario 3D World for example. Shame that third party games aren't there, as AssCreed 4 digital would probably be a good price as compared to the £56 Ubisoft are asking for it.

Zafir

If you want to get digital first party Nintendo games, go through Game's website. They're better priced than the eShop. £42.99 (Game) vs £49.99 (eShop) for Mario 3D World for example. Shame that third party games aren't there, as AssCreed 4 digital would probably be a good price as compared to the £56 Ubisoft are asking for it.
Digital download prices for Ubisoft aren't cheap from anyone though. I mean the PC Digital Download is £40 at most places, which is outrageous.

FingerBang

Well, ordering it is at no risk. If I don't receive everything, I'll just send it back as it's not a that good deal anymore.

I suppose that's what I'm going to do.

Has anyone's grey 3DS shipped yet? Mine was to be shipped in 3-6 days, and I ordered it on saturday.

Danj

Thanks.

It's actually cheaper to buy eShop game download codes from GAME, bizarrely. They sell them cheaper than the eShop itself does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom