• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Zafir

Ah shit, good point. The bank holiday slipped my mind. That will definitely mess things up.

Wonder if Amazon or Base would be better? With the bank holiday they will maybe both be about the same?

I feel like I'd probably trust Amazon more. But, I don't really have much experience with either of them when it comes to bank holidays affecting pre-orders. =/

Ieu

Welcome back (?)

From the tracking ubisoft gave me:

"No information is currently available for this shipment"

I guess we will have some info tomorrow I hope.

Relax, DHL take a little while to update their tracker - presumably they haven't got any updates as the goods are still sitting in the warehouse waiting to be picked up.

Tambini

Went on the 3ds eshop to buy a classic Pokemon game and looks like they are on sale £5.75 if you have Nintendo Network account linked

Kovacs

I don't know why but Amazon are useless at delivering anything to me at release.

Except Switch games which turn up way before expected.

Just come home for lunch and found a surprise on the doormat.

MVggcHM.jpg

The agony is that I now have to go back to work before I can play it.

I don't know why but Amazon are useless at delivering anything to me at release.

What the...

That's a week early...

From Amazon?!

thenexus6

Use code gamescom17 to get 10% extra off preorders on the game collection.

Cancelled and re preordered my Dishonored order so now only £15.25

Simply charged me for Rabbids but no dispatch notif yet 😫

Haven't been charged yet myself but I hope and to a certain level expect it to arrive on Saturday. I always get Tuesday releases from them on the Saturday and with Monday being a Bank Holiday, I'm more confident.

Fully aware that after typing that it won't show up until next Friday or something.

sam777

I just managed to nab F1 2017 on a Cyclonic deal for £25 on Xbox, that is in adittion to the Forza 7 I managed to get a few days ago, really happy about that.
I just want Assassin's Creed now.

goonergaz

Sorry if already covered, but can anyone confirm if the current PS+ deal (15 mths for price of 12) stacks? My current sub ends Feb 2018 so I'm thinking of buying now to extend to May 2019...but don't want some stupid thing where I buy online and it's starts from scratch?

Sorry if already covered, but can anyone confirm if the current PS+ deal (15 mths for price of 12) stacks? My current sub ends Feb 2018 so I'm thinking of buying now to extend to May 2019...but don't want some stupid thing where I buy online and it's starts from scratch?

It stacks.

EmiPrime

My copy of Prey from TGC arrived. It's quite fantastic but it really highlights what a mug's game it can be to buy these AAA games on launch: a little waiting and I got it for £13 and with the recent PS4 Pro performance fixes.

Hasney

Yep, probs getting it on Saturday. Will be nice to have for the bank holiday.

Yeah, looking very doubtful for Mario + Rabbids from UbiSoft, so hoping Kiwami will do me until that arrives.

... Maybe with some Everybody's Golf peppered in if that arrives. No idea when that is getting posted.

Hasney

Huh, went on TGCs Twitter and it sounds like they're not sending Mario + Rabbids until Saturday. They only got stock of Madden 18 yesterday too. Wonder if publishers are withholding stock from them.

King_Moc

Banned
Huh, went on TGCs Twitter and it sounds like they're not sending Mario + Rabbids until Saturday. They only got stock of Madden 18 yesterday too. Wonder if publishers are withholding stock from them.

I've seen people tweeting about receiving stock over the last couple of days, so maybe they just happened to get theirs a day or two late.

SRV

I've noticed with a few games this year that TGC have been holding them longer than we're used to. I'm thinking they might have got a telling off from some publisher(s). Getting a game a day early from them was "late", the last 4-5 games I've had preordered have all come on release day or after.

Hasney

I've noticed with a few games this year that TGC have been holding them longer than we're used to. I'm thinking they might have got a telling off from some publisher(s). Getting a game a day early from them was "late", the last 4-5 games I've had preordered have all come on release day or after.

Only had FFXII dispatch the day before release, but not bought much since, the dream might be dead.

Oh well, will just pre-order when they're cheapest going forward instead of spending a few extra quid hoping to get it early.

SRV

Only had FFXII dispatch the day before release, but not bought much since, the dream might be dead.

Oh well, will just pre-order when they're cheapest going forward instead of spending a few extra quid hoping to get it early.

Yeah, that was my exact gameplan too. However, SimplyGames have got me my last two games early, so they're always worth a shout.

Hasney

Yeah, that was my exact gameplan too. However, SimplyGames have got me my last two games early, so they're always worth a shout.

Yeah, just moved my orders to Simply. I normally wouldn't care, but I don't have anything to play over the bank holiday and I only have plans for tonight so far. Everybody's Golf is in stock while Yakuza isn't yet, so I should at least get me some golfing.

weekev

Banned

Wow, that's an early delivery. Anyone else got it yet? Impressions?

SRV

Yeah, just moved my orders to Simply. I normally wouldn't care, but I don't have anything to play over the bank holiday and I only have plans for tonight so far. Everybody's Golf is in stock while Yakuza isn't yet, so I should at least get me some golfing.

Fingers crossed they keep up the early releases. The joys of the bank holiday mail fiasco's lol

JJShadow

My Mario+Rabbids from Ubi Store is about to leave Germany according to the tracking and will be handed over to UKMail once it's here in UK. I wish I had it early for the bank holidays but I bought it for £36, so cannot complain

My copy of Prey from TGC arrived. It's quite fantastic but it really highlights what a mug's game it can be to buy these AAA games on launch: a little waiting and I got it for £13 and with the recent PS4 Pro performance fixes.

My copy arrived yesterday as well, put a couple of hours into it and loving it so far. I don't know if I should be happy for getting it for £13 three months after release or be sad for seeing such an amazing game bombing so hard lol

Relax, DHL take a little while to update their tracker - presumably they haven't got any updates as the goods are still sitting in the warehouse waiting to be picked up.

Yep, I'm cool, just saying, anyway, the tracker was updated, and now it says this:

City Status
Fri, 25.08.17 08:11 Köln, Germany The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: https://www.ukmail.com/manage-my-delivery/manage-my-delivery)

No delivery estimate thought =(, so I don't expect it until after the bank holiday, but well. release date is on Tuesday (I think) anyway.

Shiggy

Starting on Wednesday on mediamarkt in germany a lot of games will be very cheap (3for49€ and 3for75€)

Not necessarily a great deal. GoW4 for example is available for just 15 EUR already, a lot of the other games also for less than 25 EUR.

They also sell 2 PS4 Pro systems for 598 EUR.

King_Moc

Banned

Simply dispatched my Yakuza earlier, so hopefully they aren't sold out.

Hasney

Why is Tesco saying Monday 4th for the delivery of Mario rabbids? If they dispatched on Monday or Tuesday surely we'd get it for Thursday or Friday at latest?

Sounds like they might be out of stock too and waiting on a second shipment?

Simply dispatched my Yakuza earlier, so hopefully they aren't sold out.

Me too, or if they are, at least they ship Golf as no movement yet.

On the plus side, I forgot F1 2017 was officially out today. So worst case scenario, I buy that off CDKeys to play over the weekend!

Sounds like they might be out of stock too and waiting on a second shipment?

Me too, or if they are, at least they ship Golf as no movement yet.

On the plus side, I forgot F1 2017 was officially out today. So worst case scenario, I buy that off CDKeys to play over the weekend!

You're probably right, that's irritating. I'm gonna be in the UK from Wednesday to Saturday next week and was hoping to have it delivered there >.<

While we're talking about deliveries how reliable are Base com's notices as they say they shipped Yakuza Kiwami Steelbook yesterday. Doesit mean there's a chance of a weekend delivery or will Royal Mail sit on it for another week?

Hasney

While we're talking about deliveries how reliable are Base com's notices as they say they shipped Yakuza Kiwami Steelbook yesterday. Doesit mean there's a chance of a weekend delivery or will Royal Mail sit on it for another week?

There's a chance. In Royal Mails hands now, so probably today, tomorrow or Tuesday.

DJwest

Hi guys! Can anyone help me out with the cheapest place to get Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 both for Xbox One in the UK? Cheapest I've found for Gears is £11.50 at Coolshop but I've never used them.

Top Bottom