• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Any rumours about FIFA deals in the supermarkets yet? I see there's some pretty cheap bundles around right now but I've got a PS4 already so just waiting for Friday to see if I can pick it up cheap with some shopping or a PSN card or something.

Still haven't fully decided whether to just wait until Saturday when CeX is flooded with PES2018.

oldmario

Either this is a deliberate strategy to target the mid price range, or the game is terrible and they know it. I can't decide which is the truth for sonic forces.

i think it's something like that, i'm sure i read somewhere that they know this world is no longer the place for full priced $60 sonic games so they moved onto the lower budget pricing for the game

Maaan, it’s gone. CamelCamelCamel is still showing it at this price, I’m guessing it must be an error on their end. Hopefully they’ll put it back up at this price again soon.

it was up at 2am and there was only 4 in stock

question for anyone but does amazon still do nothing if you pre-order a game with a game order under £20 to get around paying postage?

My gut feeling is when amazon bans an account it's the same reason a betting site does. You are not a customer they are making money from (the betting site bans are a bit sadistic as in stop receiving offers, stop being able to place certain bets).

Every time you leech free delivery or return a product your value as a customer surly decreases. So don't do it every time and hopefully all will be well (amazon bans I believe are address bans including your address book and impossible to overturn).

It's gets into bullshit territory when included in that evaluation is electronics on warehouse deals that can be dead on arrival or completely the wrong product.

NateDog

EireGAF, any of you ordering with Amazon have issues lately? They shipped my Destiny 2 copy with a company called iParcel that seem to have horrible reviews across the board. It was supposed to be delivered here yesterday, checked my Amazon account to see where it was on Sunday night and tracking said it was delivered on Friday (which it wasn't). Even more suspicious is that the delivery time was noted as 3.30AM. Amazon said they tried to contact them for clarification but heard nothing back, so they shipped me a new copy with express post (via An Post) but it sounds like they use these guys a lot now. I'm not sure if they were just saying it or not but the rep I spoke to said they have received a lot of complaints already.

Mascot

Horizon is probably keeping the Uncharted 4 price strategy, not going under 30 euros (or equivalent in pounds) till after the expansion is released. Any price close to that is already a good deal.

Sheee-it! I sold a sealed copy for £5 recently when I offloaded my PS3.

EireGAF, any of you ordering with Amazon have issues lately? They shipped my Destiny 2 copy with a company called iParcel that seem to have horrible reviews across the board. It was supposed to be delivered here yesterday, checked my Amazon account to see where it was on Sunday night and tracking said it was delivered on Friday (which it wasn't). Even more suspicious is that the delivery time was noted as 3.30AM. Amazon said they tried to contact them for clarification but heard nothing back, so they shipped me a new copy with express post (via An Post) but it sounds like they use these guys a lot now. I'm not sure if they were just saying it or not but the rep I spoke to said they have received a lot of complaints already.

This is one of the few couriers I've had an issue with, it was from Amazon USA to the UK though. After nobody answered the bell, they left the package on the back of our car, no note or anything, a family me member noticed it a couple of hours after. Stuff also generally seems to come in a bad condition when they deliver, I choose the slightly better delivery option to avoid them now.

Cronen

*edit*

Sorry, I just tried another browser and it's not showing on there. I tried an old "non prime" account and it doesn't show, logged back into my prime account and it shows again.

Seems really strange ...

Not seeing anything on my Prime account. Must have been and gone :(

pbsapeer

Banned
Well gameseek have told me my “cyclonic deal” of Fifa 18 switch will be dispatched today. I have my doubts and I am even more doubtful it’ll arrive for launch. I’ll let you guys know in case you’ve ordered MARIO or anything through it.

Best

Question doesn’t warrant a whole thread and this is probably the best one to ask it.

UK gaffers: what’s the best way to sell/get value from old games? Is eBay worth the potential hassle, anywhere give decent trade in value or something else?

pbsapeer

Banned
Question doesn’t warrant a whole thread and this is probably the best one to ask it.

UK gaffers: what’s the best way to sell/get value from old games? Is eBay worth the potential hassle, anywhere give decent trade in value or something else?
I’ve always used CEX or eBay.
Never had a problem with eBay but I do ensure that I send stuff recorded delivery (and make sure the buyer pays) and I also take pictures as I’m packaging it up. I do state on listings that no one with less than 10 should bid but I’m not too bothered if they do. I use the GSP as well as it doesn’t cost any more money.
CEX are good but you won’t get very much money for it as they want the mark up but it’s easier to just dump 20 games on the desk and walk away with £5.

oldmario

either the BST thread on gaf or local facebook selling pages, what are you selling? some of us in here might be interested

Zafir

Well gameseek have told me my ”cyclonic deal" of Fifa 18 switch will be dispatched today. I have my doubts and I am even more doubtful it'll arrive for launch. I'll let you guys know in case you've ordered MARIO or anything through it.

I wouldn't expect it for launch unless you paid for the better delivery.

My £25 copy of Pokken arrived on the Monday from a Thursday dispatch (the release date was Friday).

Didn't bother me too much, I was more annoyed about MvCI, where they never let anyone who pre-ordered know that their supplier fucked up so they wouldn't be getting copies until a week after. I eventually got that out of support and cancelled the order. (I ended up deciding I didn't want the game anyway, so maybe it was fortunate in a sense, lol)

pbsapeer

Banned
I wouldn't expect it for launch unless you paid for the better delivery.

My £25 copy of Pokken arrived on the Monday from a Thursday dispatch (the release date was Friday).

Didn't bother me too much, I was more annoyed about MvCI, where they never let anyone who pre-ordered know that their supplier fucked up so they wouldn't be getting copies until a week after. I eventually got that out of support and cancelled the order. (I ended up deciding I didn't want the game anyway, so maybe it was fortunate in a sense, lol)
They told me it was dispatched today by 2nd class Royal Mail. If that is indeed true I’m hopeful it will arrive on Saturday but I’m very sceptical.

Siegmeyer

CEX will give you peanuts if you trade for cash, but they're not so bad if you take store credit. I buy used games there quite often so taking credit coupled with how easy/convenient it is compared to ebay makes it the best option for me.

King_Moc

Banned
Question doesn't warrant a whole thread and this is probably the best one to ask it.

UK gaffers: what's the best way to sell/get value from old games? Is eBay worth the potential hassle, anywhere give decent trade in value or something else?

Ebay 100%. The potential hassle is worth not getting ripped off literally all of the time at CEX/Game.

NateDog

This is one of the few couriers I've had an issue with, it was from Amazon USA to the UK though. After nobody answered the bell, they left the package on the back of our car, no note or anything, a family me member noticed it a couple of hours after. Stuff also generally seems to come in a bad condition when they deliver, I choose the slightly better delivery option to avoid them now.

Amazon US to UK? Strange, I guess they're not Irish then which confuses me even more. Although then again I believe I remember seeing people saying they were getting items from Amazon US to Ireland and had issues with them from there too.

pswii60

Ebay 100%. The potential hassle is worth not getting ripped off literally all of the time at CEX/Game.
Yeah I would recommend going to a bargain/pound store and stocking up on the jiffy bags (you can get 10 for £1), then using the built in postage label service on eBay to print your labels. Really easy and you'll get much more than via other means. You can also stop people with no feedback bidding on your items in your eBay settings.

I did manage to get £10 store credit from a game I literally got for free, so that was neat.

But yeah, CEX's primarily good for selling in so much that you don't have to deal with having to sell and ship a game yourself, while their secondhand nature makes them nominally less expensive than GAME. Honestly the best area I've seen from them is in hunting down old CPUs, though that's very much dependent upon what your local shop actually gets in.

Exception to the rule maybe, I’m amazed by how every Cex I’ve been to universally smells like ball sweat.
It wasn't CEX, but I once went into an independent used video game store and turned right around after the wall of smell hit me. I just couldn't set foot in there. I swear it wasn't just sweat, it must have been feces too or something. Nightmare fuel.

EmiPrime

The CEX in Camden is alright. Lots of sealed Switch games for some reason, I was able to kick start my Switch collection with store credit.

Top Bottom