• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese president Xi Jinping has vowed to lead the “new world order”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu

If only China hadn't be set back decades by Mao and the Cultural Revolution, the world order would be quite different.

lazygecko

Lol. I know Trump is rubbish but given the choice between living under a Trump govt and a chinese one, i know who id pick.

I think the only thing stopping Trump (for now?) from being just as efficiently brutal of an autocrat as China are the pre-existing US institutions.

The biggest difference apart from global geopolitical policy is how brazenly and dangerously anti-intellectual Trump is (the anti-vax shit being just one example), while Chinese leaders at least take science seriously and base their policy around it. That's probably what makes me more torn on the "pick your poison" scenario than anything.

It's going to be fun to see the free agent countries take sides on the new world order (Malaysia, Filliphine, smaller EU countries, smaller Middle Eastern countries etc)

keuja

Yeah we don't an even worse bully than the US to "guide" the world in any way. You can keep your guidance China.

shira

C37nSifXUAAKh2S.jpg

make the call Amy

dopplr

The only country supporting the DPRK is somehow "safeguarding international security"? Gimme a fucking break.

They're pulling back their support. Perhaps a test of their military soon if they want to truly be leading the 'new world order'; push their agenda into North Korea, 'liberate' the country. Prove they can do it and radically increase military funding, etc.

dopplr

China have a colossal economic crisis in the post. Not too much to worry about here.

They're building a lot of military bases in the South China Sea. War can be great for an economy. They have a universally hated neighbor that they could install a puppet in place. They are primed to usurp the U.S., especially when you also take into account the future of trade.

I'd rather the EU takes the lead. The are the only ones that can claim the title of Moral Power, which is important on the world stage.

Or better yet, the US keeps leading. But then we'll have to get rid of President Cheeto and his minions first.

They're building a lot of military bases in the South China Sea. War can be great for an economy. They have a universally hated neighbor that they could install a puppet in place. They are primed to usurp the U.S., especially when you also take into account the future of trade.
War is never great for economy lol.

dopplr

War is never great for economy lol.

It can be very good when the country your liberating has to rebuild using your contractors, equipment etc. Similar to what China is doing in Africa. They're loaning countries huge amounts and the Chinese are profiting massively as they in turn hire Chinese firms to get the African project done. Moreover, war means more hiring across the board for the government, boosting the economy solely on that.

It wouldn't ever work. Ideas don't clash well in cultures.

But in all truth,the world would have less violence and hatred of the world was china ran. You'll lose the freedom of talking bad of your government and many other issues but it isn't like doing that helps in the west......

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
China can't even take care of its own people

no insult, but from a european perspective, neither can the US. Looking at the health system. Or the insane amount of homeless people, OR the insane amount of prisoners. Or the insane amount of murders and firearms.

just for perspective.

no insult, but from a european perspective, neither can the US. Looking at the health system. Or the insane amount of homeless people, OR the insane amount of prisoners. Or the insane amount of murders and firearms.

just for perspective.

True, things arenr't better just because you feel they are.

I have hardly ever seen fights, anger or people being down right mean to one another in China. Will I see this in New York or LA subways etc more often in six years?

I think I have seen it no more than five times here and I have never seen a fight once while in China. Seems like not promoting negative things all the time might actually work in having people behave decently around one another, what a surprise. Not saying you shouldn't have freedom of speech but not promoting fighting and being a jerk all the time seems to not be so bad.

True, things arenr't better just because you feel they are.

I have hardly ever seen fights, anger or people being down right mean to one another in China. Will I see this in New York or LA subways etc more often in six years?

I think I have seen it no more than five times here and I have never seen a fight once while in China. Seems like not promoting negative things all the time might actually work in having people behave decently around one another, what a surprise. Not saying you shouldn't have freedom of speech but not promoting fighting and being a jerk all the time seems to not be so bad.

Most people's perspectives are skewed by various identity associations... groupthink does that to you. That's why we all should subscribe to Wu Wei Chinese philosophy. 🙃

Even liberalism itself eventually becomes a prison of thought for the masses.

Most people's perspectives are skewed by various identity associations... groupthink does that to you. That's why we all should subscribe to Wu Wei Chinese philosophy. ��

Yes of course, you believe in things as you see them and how people see and act to them. I def. see things outside of the box from the typical person though.

I don't directly blame people for what or who they are either as I understand that was what they were given from a young age. This is why I will stop myself from being a jerk to trump or go off like most do here with fuck, orange fuck, fuck. It's nothing more than repeating what you have seen with things that align more in your view than the other side is. So, you start to pick up on things quite fast. I try to avoid this. I stop my initial reaction (which most of us can't do , nor can I in many situations) but I try to see things for why they are rather than just what they are.

In china they do the aaaiiiiyahhhhh, for the oh no, negative response. I almost catch myself do it but I just won't allow it. I see many foreigners here get sucked in to more chinese ideas and expressions though after a few years.

Yes of course, you believe in things as you see them and how people see and act to them. I def. see things outside of the box from the typical person though.

I don't directly blame people for what or who they are either as I understand that was what they were given from a young age.

Exactly, that's why I never get annoyed by most of the bad mannerisms I experience in China because I know what led to this. But if I feel someone is purposefully doing something insidious, then I do feel there's a problem there.

However, where does one draw the line for blame? I see some foreigners who takes on an air of arrogance or looking at some of the locals with disgust, foreigners from developed nations that should know better, can we blame them, or should we just smile at the lizard brain that most humans cannot bypass?

pislit

China does not necessarily need a war to do this though. They can just strong-arm SEA economically and there will China and (forced) Friends coalition especially in the current political climate where it seems like that developed nations in the West seem hell-bent to be protectionists.

In china they do the aaaiiiiyahhhhh, for the oh no, negative response. I almost catch myself do it but I just won't allow it. I see many foreigners here get sucked in to more chinese ideas and expressions though after a few years.

Typical immigrant refusing to integrate with society. I remember that crazy ass post about women an relationships in China. I don't know what you know about China, but you're not an expert. Honor and shame available from Taobao.

DrSlek

"New World Order"

Well those 3 words likely just brought Alex Jones to climax. He'll certainly be advising Trump on this important matter.

Temp_User

Is Xi done with purging - i mean, enforcing party discipline within the Chinese Communist party? How is the Communist Youth League? Still alive?

If only China hadn't be set back decades by Mao and the Cultural Revolution, the world order would be quite different.

Good point. One thing is certainly true. China will start to dominate through the 30's and 40's of this century.

Then it all ends due to flooding.

The major issue that they face is colossal sub-prime lending from large businesses to smaller ones, debt that's so murky they couldn't realistically account for it.

Apzu

Nope, you can't do that, I still haven't learned mandarin. If China becomes new world order leader, how will I keep up with the news without speaking chinese? And I don't even have an account in a chinese NeoGaf-like forum. Please wait 10 to 20 years, or just wait for Trump to step down and give up on the idea.

Also, I like almost having a free press, I don't want to go back to some decades ago when we didn't have that down here in south america.

Typical immigrant refusing to integrate with society. I remember that crazy ass post about women an relationships in China. I don't know what you know about China, but you're not an expert. Honor and shame available from Taobao.

You don't know what you are talking about. I am not being against something that you seem to think that I am. No need for us to discuss it.

What you quoted doesn't have anything to do with integrating with society, everything I said has to deal with psychology and not "china" in the sense you are making it. It is in the same way I don't want to say hello how are you in standard fasion without much sense in feeling in America or other western areas. You are making this "me, against chinese" which it clearly isn't in any way. You don't get what I am saying at all, so just forget it.

Exactly, that's why I never get annoyed by most of the bad mannerisms I experience in China because I know what led to this. But if I feel someone is purposefully doing something insidious, then I do feel there's a problem there.

However, where does one draw the line for blame? I see some foreigners who takes on an air of arrogance or looking at some of the locals with disgust, foreigners from developed nations that should know better, can we blame them, or should we just smile at the lizard brain that most humans cannot bypass?

Yes, these things happen but there is a point where things are accepted and not and it always works vice versa. Where they may spit on the sidewalk and ignore it, westerners may find it bad. Where they may clip their finger or toe nails and leave them on the floor we will find it very bad. But, where we are rude and mean to each other, they will find that amazingly bad too. Where we make fun of others and bully them, well this behavior isn't nearly as common in China and they would also find this as obscene and crazy. I get both sides and I don't see either as a right or wrong in my personal view. Things just are, and if you can't understand the ideas of why you do think what you think then you just can't. (not you directly) I think you may get a lot of these ideas quite well already.

It all comes down to what you learn and what you feel, it's a process. People are not going to suddenly agree or disagree and I think that is the only think and point we can come to. I am a very helpful and caring person to those I do not know, and it feels great to be around Chinese where the older ones have typically been very helpful and respectful to me, especially the older men and women of China. When I needed change, or needed some simple help they were often helpful to try and help me.

I get that people have a sense of normalcy and that is basically the point we are getting to, and people feeling what they have learned or know as the most correct or right like the guy above at the top of this post.

I just beg to differ and ask what aspect of what we do or know is truly right? Of course it all comes down to each person and that is what is right to them, not an absolute right, but a right they believe in.

In the truth of it, we have our feeling already made our mind is already made up. We will automatically call things strange based on things we have learned and seen as right. So, while I can't agree with what people look at as disgusting I can understand why they do and why it doesn't exactly matter.

In the end it boils down to one thing, people are only acceptable to being what they are influenced by (rather that is anger, talking with a low voice or being someone who only focuses on money) whatever people do, think and react to is nothing more than a input/output. There is no surprise when people suddenly find themselves doing what they hated done to them by their mother rather than is yelling, telling someone to clean a room or whatever it is. The very way a person looks, acts (as you were saying) is not something we ever had control over which isn't so amazing as it may sound.

What China is or was just like America, Japan is will always be what the people adapt it to but it will never go too far of course.

We have interestingly seen some of the biggest and most rapid changes in ten years and it took social media, people being connected and the influence of online ads/ideas/communication to do that. It happened fast though.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
The major issue that they face is colossal sub-prime lending from large businesses to smaller ones, debt that's so murky they couldn't realistically account for it.
That argument has been running since 99 and it never comes to fruition.

The big issue China has is an impending legitimacy crisis. They pin this BS idea of communism and selfless nationalism on the masses while acquiring greater wealth (or taking it away from those businessmen who aren't in Xi's inner circle whether they are in the mainland or HK) and having their kids zoom around in lambos in Beijing.

It's a bloody ponzi scheme Mafia state and they can't peddle that ideological bull without sorting out their wealth disparities.

My fear is that when the civil disobedience erupts they will deflect it by having overseas conflicts to steer away attention from home and mop up surplus bodies in overseas wars.

I don't think China has what it takes. They'll need to increase their military size as well as technological capability. They will also have to form an equivalent alliance like NATO. I don't think China has any allies like the US has with NATO members. NATO is the framework the US uses for global security and China doesn't have that yet and I don't think the kind of countries that would join a similar alliance with China would match up to the global and economic power of NATO countries like France, Germany, UK, Canada, etc. Another perspective would be NATO members are like 70% of the total world military spending. There's not much pie left to form a similar alliance through which China can project global power. Still it would be foolish to expect the US or anyone to be at the top forever just like it's foolish to expect current growth trends in China to continue indefinitely.

They spoke as if the end of Western dominated world is a bad thing.

I would much rather see Asia, Middle East and Africa to punch their weight. We deserve much better than to be seen as second class in this western dominated culturally, economically and politically world.

The end of a western dominated world is seen as bad by those who reside in the West in their comfortable houses, blind to the chaos the world has experienced over centuries of the West (and in the last decades Soviet/Russian and Chinese) domination over the world. I personally will like to see what a Rising Superpower in Africa would do, hope am alive to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom