• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese president Xi Jinping has vowed to lead the “new world order”

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't know what you are talking about. I am not being against something that you seem to think that I am. No need for us to discuss it.

What you quoted doesn't have anything to do with integrating with society, everything I said has to deal with psychology and not "china" in the sense you are making it. It is in the same way I don't want to say hello how are you in standard fasion without much sense in feeling in America or other western areas. You are making this "me, against chinese" which it clearly isn't in any way. You don't get what I am saying at all, so just forget it.

Damn, you're living in some kind of mental bubble that does not like to be challenged at all and are not willing to discuss it.

LordOfChaos

It would help if the new world order didn't have disputes with nearly every country it touches, or every claimed body of water.

Things are no doubt going to shift to Asia though, he's not wrong. Hopefully India and China would serve as counterweights to each other.

Damn, you're living in some kind of mental bubble that does not like to be challenged at all and are not willing to discuss it.

I just feel you aren't genrerally nice with how you come about trying to discuss (such as mental bubble) and it is my choice if I want to discuss something with you after all right? that isn't a big deal, not to me at least :)

I never have an issue talking civil with any person of this earth, as long as my anxiety doesn't peak. I'd talk to the killer of a family member if I had to honestly. I can let things go for sure.

I still discuss things with people that have a strong opinion and strong ideas here like my boy in the NBA thread, he would know if he read this.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The US shit the bed but I'm not ready to follow an opaque autocratic government into a "new world".

Maybe Europe can step up?

Keasar

1caaa97c121f004d3b67f3360faf71f01d225ae69406f473b7ebbf9d2b76e83d.jpg

Better than Trump or Putin but would still like some options.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think the death of the US as a superpower has been greatly overestimated. Although I understand why people living in other countries might feel that China will give them a better deal or have been wronged by US foreign policy in some egregious way so they're waiting for literally anyone else to step up.

It's just that talk of US "isolationism" doesn't seem to extend to our military since we just parked an aircraft carrier in the South China sea a few days ago. We're still the world's enforcer of global trade via the US Navy and nobody else seems quite as interested in being able to project that kind of power. China is getting there but they're still significantly behind and the US seems hellbent on increasing their defense spending.

I think the question we have to ask ourselves is whether or not the decline of a superpower is always a peaceful transition when they're still in possession of the world's strongest military force in history. Will the US just sit back and fade away or will they lash out under the wrong president?

Ultimately, I think if you're a champion of democracy and believe that the US isn't the answer then the only other current entity that could step up is a unified Europe - but that feels decades away if it's even possible.

I just feel you aren't genrerally nice with how you come about trying to discuss (such as mental bubble) and it is my choice if I want to discuss something with you after all right? that isn't a big deal, not to me at least :)

I never have an issue talking civil with any person of this earth, as long as my anxiety doesn't peak. I'd talk to the killer of a family member if I had to honestly. I can let things go for sure.

I still discuss things with people that have a strong opinion and strong ideas here like my boy in the NBA thread, he would know if he read this.

giphy.gif

Neo C.

About time. Western countries have long criticized China for standing on the sidelines on important issues, so it's encouraging to hear how they want to take more responsibility.

Whether China can deliver or not remains a big question though. They like to cherry pick a lot.

sasimirobot

Jack the Nipper is the same dude who writes completely incoherent post about how well he understands Chinese woman. He lasted about 5 minutes in the wechat China-Gaf group, and his quotes in this thread are borderline...what I don't even have a word for it.

"I have hardly ever seen fights, anger or people being down right mean to one another in China. "

uh-huh, sure...

"In china they do the aaaiiiiyahhhhh, for the oh no, negative response. I almost catch myself do it but I just won't allow it. I see many foreigners here get sucked in to more chinese ideas and expressions though after a few years."

This one is just wrong and confusing for some many reasons. Is he saying that using Mandarin and local expressions is getting "sucked in"? What does that even mean?
If a Chinese person moves to America and uses the term "yikes" all hope is lost for their
cultural background ?

Jack the Nipper is the same dude who writes completely incoherent post about how well he understands Chinese woman. He lasted about 5 minutes in the wechat China-Gaf group, and his quotes in this thread are borderline...what I don't even have a word for it.

"I have hardly ever seen fights, anger or people being down right mean to one another in China. "

uh-huh, sure...

"In china they do the aaaiiiiyahhhhh, for the oh no, negative response. I almost catch myself do it but I just won't allow it. I see many foreigners here get sucked in to more chinese ideas and expressions though after a few years."

This one is just wrong and confusing for some many reasons. Is he saying that using Mandarin and local expressions is getting "sucked in"? What does that even mean?
If a Chinese person moves to America and uses the term "yikes" all hope is lost for their
cultural background ?

There is a WeChat GAF group? where should I submit my application and party fee?

Sounds like what he's posted on GAF about Chinese women's relationships as well.

no offense, but given the % of chinese workers happy with their life//income//working conditions, I don't deem china able to lead their own workers to prosperity and happiness, let alone if they were to lead a force with the same objective on a global scale..

soo... thanks but no thanks :)

boiled goose

good with gravy
No thanks. The worse of Trump minus utter incompetence is basically China.

Racially tied nationalism. Not free media. Corrupt government run by corporate interests. Nah bro.

Pagusas

Elden Member
You guys are crazy wanting a China led world. Thank god it wont happen. You think the US mucks things up? Wait until a China lead military tries to be the worlds police men.

gconsole

Funny seeing how lots of people in this thread making a comment as if China has been rich since forever. They just start industrial revolution merely 30+ years ago. What you are seeing now is the progression of Capitalism which is still going on. Most Chinese labour still live in poor condition because China is still a developing country, it's simple as that. But it doesn't mean their people will keep being poor for the next 30 years. The amount of people who get out of poverty and join middle class in the past decades should indicate that. And it is just a matter of time before majority of the Chinese can enjoy that.

Of course China leading the world now is a bit premature and they are not yet ready for that. But unfortunately US doesn't seems want to do that anymore, and so the job is passed onto the next one.

pantsmith

Realistically they'll be the largest economy in the world within the next couple decades.

With that said, China has the numbers (money and bodycount) but lacks any of the interesting cultural exports. They also lack the basic freedoms most of the world appreciates.

Would love for there to be an actual Illuminati so I could ask them for their thoughts.

There is no freedom of the press or political freedom in China, not to mention its immense censorship programme concerning many aspects of daily life such as entertainment - banning of a gay Chinese web series for example.

A BBC correspondent couldn't even talk to a woman who was running as opposition in local elections, Chinese government hired thugs to stop them from entering her home.

It's not even that bad in Russia.

China right now is one of the worst countries to ever look up to as any sort of leader.

Everyone is jumping on the chance opened by Trump and him losing respect of other nations. But it's up to the wannabe-countries to prove that they are a better choice. I can't see us EU having any faith that China will stand up to Russia, for example. And Russia thinks it owns us. So unless US rejects EU, we will be with US.

At most what happens is that instead of US & NATO complete domination, there will be a 2nd coherent faction.

Corrupt government run by corporate interests. Nah bro.

For several years they have been pro-active to eliminate corruption by government officials. Can't say I agree with the death penalty that some people caught got. Another thing about their system is that you cannot "buy" your way into it as is the case in the US. I'm not condoning it, but I understand it.

kmfdmpig

Realistically they'll be the largest economy in the world within the next couple decades.

With that said, China has the numbers (money and bodycount) but lacks any of the interesting cultural exports. They also lack the basic freedoms most of the world appreciates.

Would love for there to be an actual Illuminati so I could ask them for their thoughts.

China's peak time (for the next few decades) is fast approaching. Their population is going to get old fast in 10-20 years and that will wreak havoc on their economy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/china-demographic-problems-2016-6

Trump getting dunked on harder than Bob Lanier at least twice a week. Good job! Xi was having trouble projecting power and innovation, but ya stepped up like a champ, Annoying Orange!

Helznicht

no insult, but from a european perspective, neither can the US. Looking at the health system. Or the insane amount of homeless people, OR the insane amount of prisoners. Or the insane amount of murders and firearms.

just for perspective.

Get outa here with that homeless nonsense. All big cities have homeless problems. I have been working for a french company for over a year and have had to opportunity to spend a significant amount of time in Paris. I also have customers in NYC so I am out there quite often also. Homeless issues are abundant in the city of love. You get out to the lower parts of Saint Ouen and see. Its funny, a few trips back there was a newscast on French Television about how horrible the homeless problem was in NY and how the US was STRUGGLING to come to grips with it. I was all lol, what did I just see last night here in Paris walking to dinner?

I also mark Bologna Italy as even worse, every corner has someone camped out begging it seemed.

Europe likes to thumb their nose down at the US, but they are fighting with the same issues, and they do NOT have a magic bullet that made them go away, they are just better at hiding it.

rjinaz

Its a bit eye opening isnt it? Rember this thread whenever considering political theory or advice from gaf.

America wants out. If Trump had his King power, we would withdraw completely from everything foreign. He is sending bad messages to our allies that we will abandon them. This isn't, well people don't want America anymore, this is America doesn't want them.

Though that said, Trump will eventually be out and probably soon and we'll likely have a democrat that wants these relationships. The time it would take for China to lead the new world order would be much longer than even 8 years.

boiled goose

good with gravy
For several years they have been pro-active to eliminate corruption by government officials. Can't say I agree with the death penalty that some people caught got. Another thing about their system is that you cannot "buy" your way into it as is the case in the US. I'm not condoning it, but I understand it.

The USs biggest problem is the influence of money in politics and media no question.

China has been proactive? What's the mechanism for this? And death penalty? Holy shit. I'll take corruption over gross civil liberty violations any time (including in the us). Also, with no basic civil liberties and independent branches of government and no free press, what's the check for ensuring those convictions were even accurate and not Just political opponents???

Trump's awful but you can criticize government all you want in the US. Sacrificing your liberties in exchange for no blips in ignorant populism is not a trade I would ever ever make.

To me the important difference is China is rising and America is falling.

Obviously, China can do better for its people but it just spent two generations making cheap junk for consumer-junkie Americans. The tides are turning on that - I think as China begins to forge its own destiny, a greater prosperity will take hold.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's really not that surprising. In terms of public relations, China is looking much more sensible than the US these days.

There is a lot of corruption in China but it seems to at least recognize that it's a problem, with attempts to crack down on it. The US is going in the exact opposite direction.

GPsych

China can't pull this off while the dollar is the global currency thanks to oil. Admittedly, if that changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom