• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger DS! Read first post for information.

Cartman86

Banned
Either remake Trigger and Cross or make a full on sequel with the dream team (or at least part of it) that is not a direct sequel. I prefer seeing new ideas. One of the reasons I loved Cross was because it was different. Two awesome independent games in one series.

vareon

LaneDS said:
Best gaming news all year for me. Might be the nostalgia but Chrono Trigger is still my favorite game of all time.

The nostalgia goggles is in full effect when I said this, but Chrono Trigger was my favorite game ever. It was my first RPG and I was a huuuuuuuge fan of Akira Toriyama at that time.

Polari

The haters can cry all they like, on virtue of it being Chrono Trigger alone this is pretty much guaranteed to be awesome. Square can add all the mini-games they like, as long as the core gameplay remains the same, this = win.

Amir0x

Banned
since this is a time travel game, they can go really wild with the new content.

all sorts of time travel flashbacks

Polari said:
The haters can cry all they like, on virtue of it being Chrono Trigger alone this is pretty much guaranteed to be awesome.

Who's hating? This is easily one of the top 5 RPGs of all time here :lol

legend166

PAL gamers rejoice.

I tried playing it on an emulator, and quit after an hour because playing SNES games on a 17inch LCD is horrible.

HORRIBLE.

So, yay if true.

Amir0x said:

The original had something like 13 endings and I don't think very many people got them all as it is. Still, more the better.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can't wait to see the scans! :D

thebagofsand said:
Damn, I hope this is an enhanced remake like Final Fantasy IV DS.
Oh please God no, please be a beautiful 2D remake! I can't picture the characters in 3D.

TreIII

Amir0x said:

Agree'd.

After all, as long as getting a 3rd game is still rather "iffy" (to put it lightly) at the moment, they might as well go all out with this remake. More dungeons, more bonus fights, more side-quests, more endings, tougher forms for Spekio, possibly more character combo attacks?

This could be the penultimate in CT fan-service, if they do it correctly.

LaneDS

vareon said:
The nostalgia goggles is in full effect when I said this, but Chrono Trigger was my favorite game ever. It was my first RPG and I was a huuuuuuuge fan of Akira Toriyama at that time.

This was like the one thing that Akira Toriyama worked on that I really enjoyed, until Dragon Quest caught up with his artwork (VIII) and then I came to love his work outside of Dragonball.

So when this comes out and sells exceptionally well, they'll greenlight a sequel right? Right?

Sigh.

Firestorm

Guled said:
just to make sure, I can't post a site that has a link to a scan can't I?
No. Is the only scan that one that basically only shows the title of the game? People said something about screens and I can't find shit. Unless people mean the corner of the screen.

How come the Japanese lack scanners and only like cell phone pictures of parts of pages.

Tron Knotts

Neo Member
I saw a bit of a scan, but not the whole thing. Looked legit though.

Has it popped up on any of the major gaming blogs, like Destructoid? (hint hint)

Kreed

I figured this would happen sooner or later with all the FF/DQ remakes on the DS. I'm guessing it'll get the same treatment as the DQ games. Either way I look forward to playing through this game again.

Id.

Firestorm said:
No. Is the only scan that one that basically only shows the title of the game? People said something about screens and I can't find shit. Unless people mean the corner of the screen.

How come the Japanese lack scanners and only like cell phone pictures of parts of pages.
Same here. I'm visiting the usual sites who post such scans and can't find anything.

Why must you tease me so?!

I NEED MOAR SCANS....this will be the reason i buy a DS.

This is great news for nintendo...hope the rain continues at E3...all over my face

Amir0x

Banned
_leech_ said:
The original had something like 13 endings and I don't think very many people got them all as it is. Still, more the better.

I don't want them to pointlessly add in new endings, although it'd be nice to be able to aim for one or two more alternative endings (with a new bonus dungeon) - that right there is worth a mini-game.

I mean like some of those scenes in Chrono Trigger that added to the characterization of some of the heroes, only more and more. It wouldn't necessarily have to lead to an extra ending, just interesting angles on the Crono, Lucca, Robo, etc. I can even forsee interesting little sidequest where you can unlock little time portals as bonuses for completing some errand.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jj984jj said:
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can't wait to see the scans! :D

Oh please God no, please be a beautiful 2D remake! I can't picture the characters in 3D.

Well they do have the DQ IX engine. I hope for 2d though

phalestine

aka iby.h
oh I hope its true, though all points seem to point to true atm.

30c907k.gif

Jigsaw

Banned
hope they add 1 or 2 new worlds,with only 12hours the original was way too short (you are a liar if you deny it)

however,i like chrono cross more,even though i finished ct 13 times for all the endings (psx version)

mikeybwright said:
I NEED MOAR SCANS....this will be the reason i buy a DS.

And this is what I came in here to post. I must have played through CT about 7 times. It's one of my favorite games ever.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

Best day ever if true!!!! Cant really see anything from the scan other than the Chrono Trigger logo in a magazine and a very slightly cropped image .. which is weird, but WHATEVER OMG

Top Bottom