• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger DS! Read first post for information.

bluemax

Banned
I hope by bringing Chrono Trigger back people will finally realize what an overrated piece of shit the game is.

Rpgmonkey

For something so "amazing", a good view of this is taking longer than I thought.

But I don't really know how these scans work though, so...

Deku

Banned
It's a partial scan. on the corner you can make out what looks like the timer porters in when you first see them being demonstrated by Lucca in Lene's Square.

It appears to be sprite art. if it's 3D it might be DQ style.

poking cow

Neo Member
hell yes :D

so the english version is out this winter or the japanese version? well since they have it translated already it should be both right?!

Christopher

Hopefully they remake it, and give the characters a bit more personality...I'm sorry I didn't play this when it first came out and only played it recently...it didn't age too well in terms of characters, and I don't like the battle system too much - but alas rose tinted glasses.

Amir0x said:
I don't want them to pointlessly add in new endings, although it'd be nice to be able to aim for one or two more alternative endings (with a new bonus dungeon) - that right there is worth a mini-game.

I mean like some of those scenes in Chrono Trigger that added to the characterization of some of the heroes, only more and more. It wouldn't necessarily have to lead to an extra ending, just interesting angles on the Crono, Lucca, Robo, etc. I can even forsee interesting little sidequest where you can unlock little time portals as bonuses for completing some errand.

Maybe they could extend the ending to make it fit better with Chrono Cross?

Id.

I'm just as excited for this news as I am for Firmware 2.4! Now I won't be able to fall asleep because of all the excitement!

I think I'll go paint a fence to contain my excitement!

Amir0x

Banned
HK-47 said:
Its not a port, according to more informed posters

no they said enhanced port, pretty clearly

leech said:

That's an idea. Make a sidequest to tie some plot lines up. Not a bad idea.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
bluemax said:
I hope by bringing Chrono Trigger back people will finally realize what an overrated piece of shit the game is.

Maybe I would have realized it somewhere down the line playing it 10+ times, if it were truly crap.

It has become almost an annual tradition for me to play through Chrono Trigger.

OnPoint

bluemax said:

6wokfac.gif

justchris

So we've got multiple people saying this is true, right? I'm not going to come back in a few hours to find all my hopes crushed?

You know, I own two versions of this game, and I've never, for the life of me, been able to figure out why SE refused to let me purchase it a third and even fourth time.

Deku said:
It's a partial scan. on the corner you can make out what looks like the timer porters in when you first see them being demonstrated by Lucca in Lene's Square.

It appears to be sprite art. if it's 3D it might be DQ style.

I really hope it's not 3D :(

WATWATWATWATWATWATWATWATWATWATWATWATWATWATWAT

:0

Fuck, I have no more reasons to buy videogames after this.

It's been great GAF.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
fuck a chrono trigger. what's metal slug r? not a 3d game, hopefully? i was desperately hoping that the next metal slug would get the kofxii treatment, but a 2d wii game with optional waggle would be...better than a ds game in any case

bluemax said:

Thanks for dropping by! We Chrono Trigger fans love you from the bottom of our hearts! REJOICE, PEOPLE!

Hcoregamer00

justchris said:
So we've got multiple people saying this is true, right? I'm not going to come back in a few hours to find all my hopes crushed?

You know, I own two versions of this game, and I've never, for the life of me, been able to figure out why SE refused to let me purchase it a third and even fourth time.

It looks very legit.

drohne said:
fuck a chrono trigger. what's metal slug r? not a 3d game, hopefully? i was desperately hoping that the next metal slug would get the kofxii treatment, but a 2d wii game with optional waggle would be...better than a ds game in any case

Respect -100

That is just not cool

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
bluemax said:
Boy would I like to throw some hot grease on you.

MrDaravon

bluemax said:

a)Why would you even bother posting this in this thread? This should be bannable under the thread-crapping rules.

b)In the history of wrongness, you've set a new record for being the most wrong about anything that anyone has ever been wrong about.

Wilsongt

Hm... I might just pick this up.

Chrono Cross for the PSP, plz.

EDIT: How interesting. As I was reading this thread my "Enter The Frog" OC Remix started playing. :lol

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Error said:
It's an 'enhanced' port.

PLEASE include Singing Mountain and the Colosseum.

You're entitled to your opinion.
As shitty an opinion as it may be.

Deku

Banned
_leech_ said:

looks like a port to me based on the partial image of a bad scan. but like i said, it could still be in 3-D mimmicking 16-bit sprite art, ala the DQ remakes.

bluemax

Banned
drohne said:

Drohne knows the score.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Christopher said:
Hopefully they remake it, and give the characters a bit more personality...I'm sorry I didn't play this when it first came out and only played it recently...it didn't age too well in terms of characters, and I don't like the battle system too much - but alas rose tinted glasses.

I didn't play Chrono Trigger back when it first came out, I only first played it a few years ago. And I must say, it's held up wonderfully. The characters had good development given the length of the game, and they were charming and likeable.

As for the battle system, CT still has one of my favourite RPG battle systems to date. From the way battles are triggered to the way enemies actually move about on the battle screen, CT's battles feel more dynamic and alive than most turn-based systems.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
If we're lucky, they'll add in some new post-game content to better tie up the Magus/Schala plotline (since they won't give us a real sequel) and hopefully retcon that Chrono Cross bullshittery right out of the Chronology, so to speak.

Edit - Yeah, who am I kidding.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Mejilan said:
If we're lucky, they'll add in some new post-game content to better tie up the Magus/Schala plotline (since they won't give us a real sequel) and hopefully retcon that Chrono Cross bullshittery right out of the Chronology, so to speak.

Here here. Cross shouldnt have even had the Chrono name. Should have been seperate games

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Mejilan said:

I wish this could be true. :(

Mejilan said:

Oh how I dream this to be true :(

Aeana

Golden Darkness said:
Ok. so let's say this game is real. How much of the original localization do you like to see kept?

As far as I've heard, they're keeping Woolsey's original script, with some of the errors corrected.

Totz

Mejilan said:

I like you already.

Hcoregamer00

Golden Darkness said:
Ok. so let's say this game is real. How much of the original localization do you like to see kept?

None of it, I want a brand new one.

Aeana said:
As far as I've heard, they're keeping Woolsey's original script, with some of the errors corrected.

Crap, spoke too soon :lol

Top Bottom