• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger DS! Read first post for information.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
BlazingDarkness said:
any ps3 news in famitsu?

*waits for post to be ignored and swept away*

I don't know if any legit Famitsu news has leaked yet- Chrono Trigger is from Jump

poking cow

Neo Member
gketter said:
Ending PSX FMV Spoilers
the ending fmv shows Luca & Marle getting married, and near the end Lucca discoveres Kid as a baby.

you mean chrono & marle getting married? i dont think they allowed lesbian marraiges back then =P

Spruchy

zomg I totally need a remake of this game!

Not really, but still cool that square is showing that they actually know that Chrono Trigger exists.

MrDaravon

Chris Michael said:
More rumors... Suikoden VI confirmed for PSP, Tales of the World: RM2 for PSP and Tales of Hearts for the DS.

If all this and CT DS is confirmed, this is like, the best day ever. Suikoden is awesome, and I really enjoyed TotW RM 1.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Totz said:
The anime cutscenes are the connections. You know,
Lucca finding a baby Kid, Crono, Marle and Frog somehow DYING AT THE HANDS OF UNKNOWN MOTHERFUCKERS WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN REVEALED IN CC
, stuff like that.

That guy was suppposedly
lynx
since it was he who took the Masamune and it ended up ya know.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Spiderman3.gif

Damn it Square-Enix, stop making me want to re-buy your old games!

Teknoman

Went back to watch the scene on youtube. Yeah I remember that, but for some reason didnt connect that blond baby to being Kid. I still wish Toriyama did the art for Cross so there would be some sort of continuity with the characters.

Red Scarlet

I'll be waiting to see what will be added. If they throw in stuff like Singing Mountain and some other new areas, then I'll be interested. Otherwise, I think 4 versions of the game is enough for me.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Chris Michael said:
More rumors... Suikoden VI confirmed for PSP, Tales of the World: RM2 for PSP and Tales of Hearts for the DS.

Wouldn't that be a shit ton of reveals for 1 week?

Rpgmonkey

Chris Michael said:

OMG I freakin' called it if this is true.

Well, except the Suikoden part. >_>

batbeg

nestea said:
Maybe it's because all those games are over a decade old and won't have the same impact on you after seeing and playing any recent games.

I doubt it. I didn't enjoy Secret of Mana as much and that was when it came out more or less, but games I played years later like FFVI were amazing to me :p

I am hopeful for this one, though. Dammit, GAF hypers, don't let me down with this one :mad: I've been hearing about how awesome it is for years!

Totz

SailorDaravon said:
I could be wrong, but the only scenes I remember them adding were
Lucca finding baby kid, and a generic town/castle on fire with the message that Guardia fell in whatever year. Don't remember anything about Frog, or them going into any very specifics about what happened.
Again it's been forever, I only beat it once when it first came out on PS1 and never touched it again.

There were different sets of endings, I think. I remember:

- Crono and Marle getting Married
- Frog appearing as a human, though we don't see his face
- Whatever year as the fall of Guardia, with some shadows fighting
- The disappearance of the Masamune

Now, Guardia wouldn't fall without Crono and Marle fighting, so buh-bye to both. When the Masamune disappears, there are some bodies on the ground, and some HAND WHOA MY GOD picking the sword up. Since I doubt Frog would just leave a sword that can cut a fucking mountain (yet deal like less than 10HP of damage to a bat) lying anywhere, I supposed he's a goner too.

Fuck you very much, Chrono Cross, for not explaining any of the shit that actually mattered.

Red Scarlet said:
I'll be waiting to see what will be added. If they throw in stuff like Singing Mountain and some other new areas, then I'll be interested. Otherwise, I think 4 versions of the game is enough for me.
4 versions? SNES, PSX and ???

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Chris Michael said:

probably real.

What the FUCK, are you serious?

Tales of the World 2 (PSP) and Tales of Hearts (DS) have been announced?

I can't breathe, so much sexiness before Anime Expo.

justchris

BlazingDarkness said:
any ps3 news in famitsu?

*waits for post to be ignored and swept away*

No, no, this is good. What other Japan mag news is there. Chrono Trigger isn't everything. Just about 75% of everything.

Teknoman

Red Scarlet said:
4?

tehbear

Oh man I hated on portables for so long... but this is just too much. I give up.

As I walk through the valley of the shadows of consoles
I take a look at RPGs and realizes there ain't shit left
Cause I been countin' pixels for so long that,
even the GAF thinks that my mind is gone.

But I never cross the chrono even though it deserved it,
To say it's equal to trigger you know that's unheard of,
You better watch where your gaming, and it better be mobile
or you and your genre is gonna be in trouble

vareon

Hcoregamer00 said:
What the FUCK, are you serious?

Tales of the World 2 (PSP) and Tales of Hearts (DS) have been announced?

I can't breathe, so much sexiness before Anime Expo.

Yay, more Tales for DS that won't get localized.

Id.

Himuro said:
SUIKODEN VI AND CHRONO TRIGGER

OH MY FUCKING GOD

THERE IS A LORD UP IN THE SKY

AND HIS NAME IS GOD

OH MY GOD
Don't have a heart attack Himu! There is hope at the end of the tunnel!

MoxManiac

Why is everyone acting like this is some impossible, hard to believe thing? Square likes to repackage their games, CT is a fan favorite. I believe the rumor solely on it makes so much damn sense.

I bet it'll have the S-E tax though :(

Hcoregamer00

vareon said:
Yay, more Tales for DS that won't get localized.

Not that I care, I know enough Japanese to enjoy the game.

Where is this thread?

I want MOAR Tales of the World and Tales of Hearts love.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Totz said:
There were different sets of endings, I think. I remember:

- Crono and Marle getting Married
- Frog appearing as a human, though we don't see his face
- Whatever year as the fall of Guardia, with some shadows fighting
- The disappearance of the Masamune

Now, Guardia wouldn't fall without Crono and Marle fighting, so buh-bye to both. When the Masamune disappears, there are some bodies on the ground, and some HAND WHOA MY GOD picking the sword up. Since I doubt Frog would just leave a sword that can cut a fucking mountain (yet deal like less than 10HP of damage to a bat) lying anywhere, I supposed he's a goner too.

Fuck you very much, Chrono Cross, for not explaining any of the shit that actually mattered.

Oh yes Chrono Cross, just wait for the eventual Port that will include some extra scenes explaining that shit.

vareon

Hcoregamer00 said:
Not that I care, I know enough Japanese to enjoy the game.

Where is this thread?

I want MOAR Tales of the World and Tales of Hearts love.

Good for you, then.

MoxManiac said:
Why is everyone acting like this is some impossible, hard to believe thing? Square likes to repackage their games, CT is a fan favorite. I believe the rumor solely on it makes so much damn sense.

I bet it'll have the S-E tax though :(

That's the problem : It makes too much sense.

Terrell

Looking at the coloring on some of the text on the magazine "scan", you'd swear the image was 'shopped. Or are we just so conditioned to think this is fake that we seek things to not get our hopes up?

Hcoregamer00

HK-47 said:
But watch, TotW RM2 will be...

Fuck Scamco

How is that a bad thing, I put 106 hous into Tales of the World.

That game took more of my life than Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Innocence COMBINED?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Hcoregamer00 said:
How is that a bad thing, I put 106 hous into Tales of the World.

That game took more of my life than Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Innocence COMBINED?

You arent listening...

Top Bottom