• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger DS! Read first post for information.

daegan

CC was great, shut up haters.

Anyway I will be buying two copies of this. One for me, and one so my girlfriend can finally play it without the cart deleting the file :(

Llyranor said:
I bought Front Mission 1st. I`ll buy this. I`m all for good SNES ports.

Give me Secret of Mana DS with wifi co-op :( I`ll buy two copies :(

How was Front Mission 1st a good SNES port? Playing it on a damn SNES emulator (with the translation patch) gave you more features than the DS version, including attack range. A remake would have been so much better. And the menus were still crappy SNES version.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Please Square, for the love all things sacred, please please implement the menus well for the touch screen. In FFIII and Front Mission DS, they made navigating the menus with the touch screen sooooo awkward! You shouldn't have to touch a menu item twice to select it! Make menu items large and easily choosable with one tap. It shouldn't even be that hard with CT cause it has that groovy rotating wheel menu!

Ydahs

Xelinis said:
Damn, if we're getting this many 500s over a single blurry scan, this is going to be an especially brutal E3 for GAF.
The mods should make it a Members-only board during E3 if there's any chance for the forum to survive. Guests are nearly always are doubling the amount of members logged on.

Red Scarlet said:
Plus it helps me keep track of how many times I've bought a game if I just count them all as different versions!

It's pretty bad if you keep track. Once I get FFIV DS, it'll be my ninth version of the game, over the years (not all at the same time). I don't like thinking about that.

Jiggy

Galactic Fork said:
Please Square, for the love all things sacred, please please implement the menus well for the touch screen. [...] Make menu items large and easily choosable with one tap. It shouldn't even be that hard with CT cause it has that groovy rotating wheel menu!
Are you thinking of Secret of Mana?

Ydahs said:
The mods should make it a Members-only board during E3 if there's any chance for the forum to survive. Guests are nearly always are doubling the amount of members logged on.

How about you take donations for a new server?

And yes, CT is coming to the DS. The scan is probably legit, but I've know about this for a while now.

ALL OVER MY FACE

(wait, who are you?)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Rpgmonkey said:
So two hours and eight pages later, and still nothing?

That's kinda funny.

And what happened to other Famitsu news?

It wasn't Famitsu

Red Scarlet

minor effort said:
It's pretty bad if you keep track. Once I get FFIV DS, it'll be my ninth version of the game, over the years (not all at the same time). I don't like thinking about that.

If I get the US version of FF4 DS, it will be my 10th. I'll take a guess that the one I have that you don't is the Wonderswan Color version?

Troidal

:lol at people saying how many times we've played this game, because I certainly have not played it since the SNES version.

I hope it's just a port + additional features. None of that 3D remake shit.

TreIII

Ydahs said:
A lot of people did like CC, just not the CT fanboys.

If CC was its own game, it's fine. But it fell short as being a supposed "successor" to CT, and it wasn't just the "fanboys" who thought as such.

If CC must still exist, maybe they could at least alter things so that whatever happened, happened within the constraints of its "own" time line (and parallel universe), while SE could effectively still do their own thing with a new time line stemming from CT's remake.

Again, this series being all about time and dimensional hopping, they could some how make this all work some how. We know it's worked for Marvel and DC well enough! :D

schuelma

Chris Michael said:
Dissidia and Tales of Hearts currently slated for releasing this winter.

Has your earlier rumor been confirmed?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Jiggy37 said:
Are you thinking of Secret of Mana?

Huh, I wasn't thinking of secret of mana... but wow, I was very very wrong. It's been so long since I played it. Still... I hope they don't make the menus annoying.

batbeg

Death_Born said:
How was Front Mission 1st a good SNES port? Playing it on a damn SNES emulator (with the translation patch) gave you more features than the DS version, including attack range. A remake would have been so much better. And the menus were still crappy SNES version.

Huh? I see attack range fine.

Chris Michael said:
TOSE is awesome, GTFO.

Their history of porting is hardly stellar, especially within Square efforts. I don't usually mind their fuckups, but GAF certainly never bitches about how they're game breaking.

Red Scarlet said:
If I get the US version of FF4 DS, it will be my 10th. I'll take a guess that the one I have that you don't is the Wonderswan Color version?

Nope, owned that at one point. :lol

I have owned over the years:

- FFII, US SNES
- FFIV, JP SFC
- FFIV Easytype, JP SFC
- FFIV standalone, JP PS1
- FFIV from Final Fantasy Collection, JP PS1
- FFIV from Final Fantasy Chronicles, US PS1
- FFIV, JP Wonderswan Color
- FFIV Advance, US GBA

And I still feel as though I'm forgetting one.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Chris Michael said:
All of them are real.

Suikoden VI PSP
Chrono Trigger DS
Tales of Hearts DS
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 PSP
:eek:

Red Scarlet

minor effort said:
FFIV from Final Fantasy Collection, JP PS1

That's the only one I never got as far as I know, and the only 2 I have that you don't are JP GBA and JP DS it looks like. Was FF Collection version the same as the standalone? That's why I never bothered with the FF1+2 combo package for PS1.

Diablos

Dali said:
Kind of hard for me to get excited about this unless the new content is really something. I've never been one to jizz my pants over $quare (yeah, I know, but it fits so fucking well when they do something like this) porting their games over to anything with a graphics chip and a screen. This is like the Square PSN announcement thread all over again, where I feel like I'm in bizarro world and everyone is unduly excited over what amounts to very little.
Agreed.

It's just a port... not a remake or anything. I doubt the OST will sound as good (which is too bad), and while there will be a couple interesting extras I'm sure, I don't expect anything omg amazing total meltdown can't resist the hype kind of stuff.

ivysaur12

Banned
Chris Michael said:
All of them are real.

Suikoden VI PSP
Chrono Trigger DS
Tales of Hearts DS

If ToH gets passed over, I'm gonna be pissed. I'm still angry about Innocence.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
batbeg said:
Huh? I see attack range fine.

Their history of porting is hardly stellar, especially within Square efforts. I don't usually mind their fuckups, but GAF certainly never bitches about how they're game breaking.

I'd put the blame on the company that contracts them. Don't they basically do grunt work? Would Square give programming AND design to them without doing any control? If yes and the game turns out less than stellar, I'll blame Square.

Rpgmonkey

Chris Michael said:
All of them are real.

Suikoden VI PSP
Chrono Trigger DS
Tales of Hearts DS

Portable overload! :D

Looking forward to all of them to be honest.

schuelma

Chris Michael said:
All of them are real.

Suikoden VI PSP
Chrono Trigger DS
Tales of Hearts DS

Holy shit

portable nation indeed

jeremy1456

Chris Michael said:
All of them are real.

Suikoden VI PSP
Chrono Trigger DS
Tales of Hearts DS

Is this guy reliable? His tag makes me think that he's merely beating us Suikoden fans.

plufim

Goddam hope this is true. Chrono Trigger never got a PAL release on either SNES or the PS1 collection.

Edit: fuck yeah! Now here's hoping they can include some of the PS1 cutscenes.

Top Bottom