• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger DS! Read first post for information.

SabinFigaro said:
k21eoi.jpg
MARLE YOU ARE BAD AT SEDUCTION

Red Scarlet

VeritasVierge said:
4 versions? SNES, PSX and ???

I got the Japanese PS1 release, then got the SNES version at a pawn shop (lost my original), then got the Super Famicom one in mint condition ($20!), then bought FF Chronicles.

TreIII

Elbrain said:
Oh yes Chrono Cross, just wait for the eventual Port that will include some extra scenes explaining that shit.

Or...

...Since a lot of people didn't like the story of CC (or CC itself), they could just as easily use this game as a means to ret-con a lot of things and start relatively fresh.

Game's story being about time travel would allow them to do all that kind of stuff and get away with it.

Red Scarlet said:
I got the Japanese PS1 release, then got the SNES version at a pawn shop (lost my original), then got the Super Famicom one in mint condition ($20!), then bought FF Chronicles.
Ah. Those (as translations) don't count.

I played it on the computer (never owned the game) but didn't get far in the game cuz i couldn't handle the keyboard layout few yrs back. Cramping my hands and tendions!
So, i deleted it. I decided to get the real thing that is if i can find a copy of the original.

I hope this is true so i can really start what i couldn't finish yrs ago.

Teknoman

tehbear said:
Oh man I hated on portables for so long... but this is just too much. I give up.

As I walk through the valley of the shadows of consoles
I take a look at RPGs and realizes there ain't shit left
Cause I been countin' pixels for so long that,
even the GAF thinks that my mind is gone.

But I never cross the chrono even though it deserved it,
To say it's equal to trigger you know that's unheard of,
You better watch where your gaming, and it better be mobile
or you and your genre is gonna be in trouble

livin in a portable paradise?

Rpgmonkey

Well this has been an exciting night.

Was going to sleep and catch up the next day, but there's too much (possibly) awesome stuff to do that now.

MoxManiac

TreIII said:
Or...

...Since a lot of people didn't like the story of CC (or CC itself), they could just as easily use this game as a means to ret-con a lot of things and start relatively fresh.

Game's story being about time travel would allow them to do all that kind of stuff and get away with it.

I hope they don't do that. I adore CC, and loved it's story as a compliment to CT.

Jiggy

Chris Michael said:
More rumors... [...] Tales of the World: RM2 for PSP and Tales of Hearts for the DS.
Oh so awes--

vareon said:
Yay, more Tales for DS that won't get localized.
Oh, that's right. :( I wonder if they'll even bring over the PSP game this time. Want both, don't dare hope for either. ;_;

Testicular Sound Express said:
did you have this waiting on your ctrl c clipboard...just waiting for when this would finally happen?
:lol

The answer should be yes, but I put it together rather quickly in the heat of the moment.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm looking at the scan now and seriously, don't get your hopes up.

It's an awkward looking scan. Not sure why it would look all diagnal and cut off the screen shot completely if it was real.

Xelinis

Damn, if we're getting this many 500s over a single blurry scan, this is going to be an especially brutal E3 for GAF.

justchris

I'm sorry, I don't think I can afford to believe in both Chrono Trigger DS & Suikoden VI at the same time. One of those has gotta be fake.

omg rite said:

It's an awkward looking scan. Not sure why it would look all diagnal and cut off the screen shot completely if it was real.

Vadernooo.GIF

Red Scarlet said:
I count them. They all play differently in some way and aren't exact copies of one another.
Fair enough. I always considered "version" to mean which platform since I'm just used to importing anyways. I never thought of the translations as different versions until Valkyrie Profile's PSP release. I'm still saddened that the superior western PSX release wasn't ported as the standard for the PSP.

Ydahs

TreIII said:
Or...

A lot of people did like CC, just not the CT fanboys.

Red Scarlet

VeritasVierge said:
Fair enough. I always considered "version" to mean which platform since I'm just used to importing anyways. I never thought of the translations as different versions until Valkyrie Profile's PSP release. I'm still saddened that the superior western PSX release wasn't ported as the standard for the PSP.

Plus it helps me keep track of how many times I've bought a game if I just count them all as different versions!

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
If Suikoden VI and Chrono Trigger DS both prove to be true... I might just explode.

Llyranor

I bought Front Mission 1st. I`ll buy this. I`m all for good SNES ports.

Give me Secret of Mana DS with wifi co-op :( I`ll buy two copies :(

EDIT: S6 = PSP

Zoe

omg rite said:

That's how Jump cam shots usually look :\

Top Bottom