• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CIVILIZATION VI |OT| He's Got the Whole World in His Hands

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
No review thread? Or did I miss it?

Where's the hype for this :( ITS CIV 6!!

We’ve been hyped for a very long time, but it doesn’t unlock until late tonight for most of us.

That said, as soon as I get home from work I’m doing that VPN trick (for the first time ever) and playing the rest of the night!

FunkyMonk

I cracked, I don't tend to pre-order games but after watching quill18 play it I just couldn't resist, even with extremely truncated free time at the moment. Time to conquer the world as Queen Vicky! (ok, tomorrow I'll be conquering the world but still)

I cracked, I don't tend to pre-order games but after watching quill18 play it I just couldn't resist, even with extremely truncated free time at the moment. Time to conquer the world as Queen Vicky! (ok, tomorrow I'll be conquering the world but still)

Quill got crushed as Russia on immortal an hour ago. Kongo and America took him down.

Emarv

been watching Quill all day and even just watching i'm like "I'm just gonna watch one more turn. just one more".

this game is gonna be bad for me. haha

Got greeted by a joint war right away and had to defend against way too many warriors than I could handle I managed to whittle down one of them but then Spartan just swooped in and cleaned me up.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Just played 90 min, on King difficulty as Germany (randomed). Um, wow its really hard? Barbarians are very aggressive, high spawn right. Getting the hang of builders and districts will take a while. Was way behind other Civs in technology and military power.

crazyprac

Hmmm been playing for a couple hours some notes (I've been on a black out so some of these are probably explained):

I thought I would like the new art style/ui but either I am used to how civ 5 looks or I just need more time getting used to it but right now I don't really dig it.

What happen to automated work? Some of these builder jobs are tedious as the game goes on.

What happen to units not having option to wake up when enemy approaches?

I feel the rate of which barbarians appear is on the high side.

Like the poster above mentioned, it seems opponents tech progression is always ahead even when utilizing boosted requirements.

Needless to say this is initial play through and I'll most likely the game as I learn more about it, but I get the feeling it's longer for me to enjoy this than prior civs.

Blizzard

Banned
It's hard for me to imagine you people just diving into King or higher with all the new adjacency etc. rules. I'm going to be playing Prince minimum until I learn how things work. :p

So... this is probably a dumb question, but how in earth do you rename your cities.
It doesn't look like you can right now. Maybe they will patch it in.

Rubixcuba

Banned
It's hard for me to imagine you people just diving into King or higher with all the new adjacency etc. rules. I'm going to be playing Prince minimum until I learn how things work. :p

Yeaaaaah, I'm going to start a new game on Prince. I'm really surprised how different everything feels, despite reading up on/watching all the Lets Plays.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Saw this in a random Youtube vid, technological disparity has always been amusing to me in this franchise:

Played a couple hours today, loving it so far. Was playing as the Romans and doing good up until turn 130 when suddenly the Japanese declared war on me and started wiping out my cities. Funny enough a dozen or so turns before that happened the Norwegians asked me to go to do a joint war against the Japanese but I declined. Should've taken that offer since they built up a lot of warrior units.

KingK

So if I already pre-loaded this on steam, it should unlock at midnight EST tonight, right? I'm off work tomorrow so I can stay up all night playing, I just want to make sure I won't have to wait for midnight Pacific time, which is 3am here..

Edit: Yup just saw 12am EST in the OP. Awesome. Still not sure who I'll play as first.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'll be damned, that VPN stuff really works, my pre-load is unpacking as we speak!

Maiorum

Started off as Rome on King. Gilgamesh declared war on me about 60 turns in with about 10-12 war carts and a couple of warriors. Managed to hold them off till I got the Legions, and then he was done for. The AI certainly seems pretty aggressive. Then again, Scythia is to my North and they've done almost nothing so far so who knows.

Nzyme32

For anyone that missed the stream:

- Steam Workshop is in but not up yet - "don't expect it today or tomorrow but we'll get to it"

- There are some mods already included and accessible from the in game menus for now

Also not on the stream but found in the Retail version:

- SEEDS!
Seems to be a Civ and Map Seed numbers for you to share

linid0t

I have a Dell xp13 with a 4k screen and I want to change the resolution down to make the game run better, but every time I change the resolution I'm unable to click yes to confirm. I don't want to play on a tiny window either.

Is there a way to change the resolution in the system files or something? thanks in advance

Just played 90 min, on King difficulty as Germany (randomed). Um, wow its really hard? Barbarians are very aggressive, high spawn right. Getting the hang of builders and districts will take a while. Was way behind other Civs in technology and military power.

This is the big problem I'm having on higher difficulty levels. The Barbarians swamp you, killing builders and razing improvements. Can't tell if their actions are mirrored for other Civs or if they only attack your stuff.

Grief.exe

I have a Dell xp13 with a 4k screen and I want to change the resolution down to make the game run better, but every time I change the resolution I'm unable to click yes to confirm. I don't want to play on a tiny window either.

Is there a way to change the resolution in the system files or something? thanks in advance

Select fullscreen, then adjust to a lower resolution. You are likely in windowed/borderless.

SirNinja

Did anyone order a physical copy from Best Buy or Amazon?

tfosexD.png

yep :(

SirNinja

Contact them, if you had release day delivery and they botch it, they will give you a year of prime for free. Did for my family.

I don't remember if this particular thing had release-day, but I'll definitely give it a go. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeaaaaah, I'm going to start a new game on Prince. I'm really surprised how different everything feels, despite reading up on/watching all the Lets Plays.

Game is boring if it's not challenging. King is just one step up from Prince and Prince looked ridiculously easy on preview builds. I do fairly well in Emperor. Think I even won once on Immortal in Civ V. I've watched a lot of the livestreams. I can handle King from the get go I think. I'll post back with my results. 5 hours to go.

Top Bottom