• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CLANNAD Official English Release Kickstarter (Funded | Stretch goals announced)

Yaari

After finishing After Story, I regret not backing this. As I was browsing I saw this Tomoyo game, is that also part of this new version?

chrono01

Wait, I thought you could add on "extras" through the backer kit, but all I see is the option to upgrade the default pledges. I wanted that physical copy of the side-story. :(

Never mind, apparently you can do it on the next page. Whew!

I dont get how this backer kit works.
I mean I pledged 60$, then I add the CLANNAD Kickstarter Limited Box to the card, but then I should pay another 60$ at the end. Why is that?

I thought everyone got these things or not?

I dont get how this backer kit works.
I mean I pledged 60$, then I add the CLANNAD Kickstarter Limited Box to the card, but then I should pay another 60$ at the end. Why is that?

I thought everyone got these things or not?

Adding things to your cart adds extra copies of them. If you backed for the limited box, then you already have that and there is no need to add one to your cart. Adding stuff to your cart is to explain what you want with any money spent above and beyond your pledge.

For example, I had the $40 tier selected, but my pledge was for $85. In backerkit, it told me I had $45 to spend, which I spent on a physical copy of the Side Stories and the Manga. If I had wanted to add the OST as well, I wouldn't have had enough money, so I would have had to add more at checkout.

chrono01

Does anyone know how long the BackerKit will be made available?

I'd really like to add the physical sidestory, as well as OST/manga to my order, but I'm not sure how long I'll be allowed to. There's so supposed "end date", which makes a bit curious as to how long we have.

AsianOni

For the Grisaia Kickstarter the backerkit is supposed to end 2 months after its launch I think, so it might be similar for Clannad.

Goddammit, I totally missed that this was happening and only found out when I stumbled across Grisaia :( (which I did back for $1 so I can decide what to buy when we get Vita news)

Is there any way latecomers can get in and back Clannad? I'm a little confused as to why the PayPal thing is apparently over, I thought the whole point of having separate non-Kickstarter fundraising methods is to allow more backers after the main KS is over and keep some funds trickling in. That's been the way with other projects I've seen, anyway.

chrono01

For the Grisaia Kickstarter the backerkit is supposed to end 2 months after its launch I think, so it might be similar for Clannad.
By launch you mean the end of the Kickstarter? If so, that means I have another month or so to decide, which is more than enough.

AsianOni

Thanks, even better. >:)

I think I confused myself between Clannad and Grisaia but it turns out it's even more later.
5c85072b_o.png

(from the SP forum)

chrono01

I think I confused myself between Clannad and Grisaia but it turns out it's even more later.
5c85072b_o.png

(from the SP forum)

Yeah, and I don't think you get charged for your addons until then.
Oh wow, thanks you two.

The CDN dollar is really bad at the moment, so I'm trying to lessen as many orders as I can. If we're not charged until July 2015 or whenever, I can order now and try to budget for it. Sounds great to me!

Dezner

First Production Update! :eek:

Hello Backers!

This is Yui with our first post-funding update. I'm the project lead for CLANNAD and have been working these past couple of months to get the whole project moving along.

The first week after the Kickstarter ended we went straight to starting translation work and readying BackerKit. Over the course of February we've been working under the radar to get new tools and guidelines created for the project. The translation and editing team for CLANNAD is the largest we've had yet at Sekai Project, and I wanted to make sure we got things right at the beginning. Meetings were held, things were broken, the usual.

So skipping over the boring stuff, here's the quick rundown:

I'm happy to report that translation is already 25% finished as of yesterday! Everything is moving along at a nice pace and there's been no major issues so far. Editing is not far behind at roughly 15%.

Programming work is in its preliminary stages. While figuring out how to import and export scripts without breaking the game we've run into a few bugs that need to be patched for a proper English-compatible release.

Even before the Kickstarter finished we started to source suppliers for our physical rewards as well as started designing the game package. I'm still fine-tuning the measurements but I think you guys will like it! The box will house the artbook, Mabinogi arrange CD, as well as the game itself. I will post a picture of the prototype sometime before BackerKit closes.

It looks like a number of backers have still not completed the BackerKit survey yet. If you haven't received an email please let us know at support@sekaiproject.com. For everyone except the shikishi tier BackerKit surveys will be locked down sometime in July. If you want to change your info or modify your pledge add-ons you have from now until July to do so.

It sounds like progress is going quite smoothly! Ultimate-HYPE! :D

Yaari

Second update. It sounds like they had some difficulties with lost data. No wonder this took so long to put up. It's said that they are at 75% now.

Hello everyone! Yui here again.

It's been an exciting couple of months here for us. Not only have we made great progress but we're also announcing a new feature specific to the English release of CLANNAD. Let's dive in!

Translation and Editing

The critical part of production is actually moving ahead of schedule. Translation is almost 75% complete and editing is still following closely. The dedication of all the staff involved has really kept the momentum going, and I also want to give a big shout-out to our programmer; he helped turn a potential catastrophe into just a minor snag.

On March 24, just a few minutes before our weekly check-in, the translation software we are using had wiped all progress and data from its server. Luckily there was a backup on hand and we were able to recover almost all of the text.

Back to good news, I'm proud to announce that the Kotomi route has finished its second translation and editing pass and is now queued for QA. Main route, Fuko, Tomoyo, Yukine routes are also fully translated and currently in editing.

Engine

We've come across a few issues with the game engine that we're currently sorting out with VisualArt's. For the most part the English script works fine and plays fine, but we're looking into adding support for basic English mechanics like italics and word wrap.

Physical Rewards

The preliminary box design has been approved by VisualArt's and a prototype is being made at the moment. Several specs such as types of DVD cases to use, book sizing, and source data is still being prepared. We're still getting estimates from vendors on the other rewards. More detail on these in future updates.

New Feature: Dangopedia

And finally, the new feature for the English release of CLANNAD! During translation we've come across a lot of references to various things in Japanese culture. A lot of you probably know a fair bit of them already but we want CLANNAD to be accessible to a much wider audience, especially those who have never played a visual novel before.

The Dangopedia is a separate menu that can be opened from the main menu or pause menu and contains a library of terms highlighted throughout the game. The idea is that as the player reads through the game any terms they run into are unlocked and highlighted, then they can open the Dangopedia to look up the reference. If you ever wondered what "Milk Fight" or "longevity chopsticks" are they'll be in there!

The screenshot below is a very early concept of the Dangopedia. It will definitely change as we get further along in its development, not to mention the resolution will also be upgraded when we implement the HD assets.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/clannad-official-english-release/posts/1247220

stryke

New update just came out

Initial translation is complete and they just received the HD assets

HfPXQ9j.png

I'm really looking forward to how the box will turn out -

h5BE8PL.png

Walpurgis

Banned
New update just came out

Initial translation is complete and they just received the HD assets

HfPXQ9j.png

Sunohara looks super derpy compared to how he looked in the anime. Is this kind of art normal for visual novels? I recall Higurashi also looking like crap.

Hubb

Sunohara looks super derpy compared to how he looked in the anime. Is this kind of art normal for visual novels? I recall Higurashi also looking like crap.

Well it is an older VN and it is kind of the artists style. There are plenty of VNs with "good" looking artwork.

My box came today. #2389!
It feels decently sturdy, though they shipped it in a plastic bubble mailer so it got a small crease on a corner. No biggie.
Everything looks great!

Dezner

#3410 here! :eek:

It's a bit weird that the box on the top and sides don't really fit well where it's nice and flat, but otherwise, it's a great looking set! :D

Shizuka

I'm jelly of the final package. I pledged $1 so I'd be able to order one from Backerkit, but I didn't have the money by the time the Backerkit got closed.

My box came today. #2389!
It feels decently sturdy, though they shipped it in a plastic bubble mailer so it got a small crease on a corner. No biggie.
Everything looks great!

That's not encouraging in the slightest, Royal Mail obliterates bubble envelopes, last time I had one from the US the game was crushed to bits and being limited I couldn't get a replacement.

Stuart444

I'm just hoping mine arrives in the UK in the next 13 days. Otherwise I'll be gone for 2 weeks and will just have to hope it comes while my mother (who wants to come up and do some stuff in the house) is here. :/

Urgh :(

Top Bottom