• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CLANNAD Official English Release Kickstarter (Funded | Stretch goals announced)

Woo, so happy I got early bird physical! Sekai project, please hammer out at least SOME stretch goals by the end if the week! I can't wait for
Tomoyo After
and
VITA!
. I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT SEKAI

How do you do the added bonus thing? I didn't see any boxes to check for those when I was making my pledge.

-Tom

You just add $35 extra to your pledge. They need to survey you for what you added the $35 for later .

From the FAQ:
You will need to click the "Manage Your Pledge" button, then add in the amount to your existing pledge. We will be using backerkit to finalize your add ons after the campaign is over.

Yuuichi

You just add $35 extra to your pledge. They need to survey you for what you added the $35 for later .

From the FAQ:

How do you do the added bonus thing? I didn't see any boxes to check for those when I was making my pledge.

-Tom

For those who haven't seen backerkit before, you login via an email that gets sent to the email you backed with, and from there you can add on individual items and change (I think you can only add) to your pledge amount.

I caved in at the physical tier at the news, I'll probably do the Physical OST add on and that's it. And in a completely shamless plug, feel free to discuss the game and others like it here.

It's not been decided, but we're pushing for no DRM because its a collectors edition what happens if the services the DRM relies on disappears?

I'd be all for that. To be honest, any DRM that gets put on it will just be cracked pretty quickly and end up only as a limitation on people who bought genuine copies.

It's not been decided, but we're pushing for no DRM because its a collectors edition what happens if the services the DRM relies on disappears?

DRM is useless, the only ones suffering are the ones that actually paid for the game, as pirates will crack the game in minutes if they want and have a "superior" version, and that's just fucking sad.

Anyways, thanks for upgrading the physical version, it looks amazing.

javac

Added $35 for the OST. I'm guessing it's just this one right?
AQ1TtBc.jpg
It goes for about $39 on CDJapan so I guess that's fair.

v1perz53

I've said it before and I'll say it again any place Sekai Project may be watching, I will instantly double my contribution if a Vita stretch goal is announced. Really glad I went with the physical edition after seeing what the plans are for it today! Still considering putting in $35 more for the OST but I'll wait for news on stretch goals.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Holy fuck, based Sekai Projects! Free upgrade on all physical edition backings? w00t w00t!

Best first Kickstarter backing ever!

JNA

Banned
So wait question, in that update #3, If I pledged $50, i will be getting THAT physical edition that was just shown in the update or a different physical edition?

I know that probably sounds like a stupid question but I wanted to ask just in case.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So wait question, in that update #3, If I pledged $50, i will be getting THAT physical edition that was just shown in the update or a different physical edition?

I know that probably sounds like a stupid question but I wanted to ask just in case.
Yes (hence why I'm excited as well) :D

Shizuka

You'll be getting a physical edition in the likes of that one in the picture.

Great to see this getting a physical release. Sort of makes me regret paying through the nose for a copy of Mabinogi a couple of years ago though. :)
I already have every Clannad OST though so I'll wait for the hopeful Vita stretch goal.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I'll put some money down in a few weeks! I've pretty much donated to almost all of the Sekai Project kickstarters so far. lol

RalchAC

I'll be the first to jump when a Vita stretch goal is announced.

I'll be the second then. Portable Clannad must be an awesome experience. I mean, they're pretty much like an book, so I can't stand just sitting in front of my computer and playing it. Being able to carry it around and playing whenever you want sounds awesome.

Andrefpvs

A small update on console ports:

Sekai Project said:
Hi everyone just wanted to send out a update, we're still in discussions regarding ports and HD assets. As you know for ports to console those were handled by Prototype which requires us to talk to them and also involve VisualArt's so we have to spend a lot of time. Additionally porting to consoles requires..guess what? More voice licensing so we have to factor those costs in after we hear back from the agencies. We still have 57 days to go so please be a little patient while we work out all the details!

I guess the 60-day campaign was a blessing in disguise after all.

Congratulations!
You are now an official backer of CLANNAD Official English Release. Time to tell the world about it!

A small question. Will the physical copy also include a Steamkey?

Andrefpvs

Update #4:

"We wanted to quickly update everybody on the stretch goals we are considering. Here is the list we have compiled so far based on backer feedback:

• Ports
  • HD assets
  • Extra scenarios from the ps3/vita version"

Congratulations!
You are now an official backer of CLANNAD Official English Release. Time to tell the world about it!

A small question. Will the physical copy also include a Steamkey?

I don't think this is decided yet. Just assume it won't unless they say otherwise.

Vita port, gimme.

I will literally triple dip if a Vita port is announced and physical copy is no DRM. I'm very interested to see how the stretch goals will be. Also afaik Sekai only has a PSM license atm? They really need to talk to the Playstation third party team to get full Vita self publishing rights because a game this big deserves it

Andrefpvs

Also afaik Sekai only has a PSM license atm? They really need to talk to the Playstation third party team to get full Vita self publishing rights because a game this big deserves it

Yup. There's such a big difference in terms of audience between PSM and native PS Vita, that it would be great for everyone if they could get the license.

Is there anything the fans could do to help raise awareness? Maybe tweet Shahid Ahmad or Gio Corsi/Adam Boyes?

stryke

Yup. There's such a big difference in terms of audience between PSM and native PS Vita, that it would be great for everyone if they could get the license.

Is there anything the fans could do to help raise awareness? Maybe tweet Shahid Ahmad or Gio Corsi/Adam Boyes?

Track down Adam Boyes at PSX and tell him directly.

Ventara

Just saw the physical copy, and wow, I'm in! I'm actually contemplating getting two copies, lol, but most likely just one since I'll just get it on Steam down the road. I'm very glad that this reached it's goal so soon. I never played the game, but the anime really touched me. It was beautiful.

Oh, and I'd definitely be down for a Vita port. The Vita would be a great device to play VNs on.

Edit: Hang on, do they ship to Canada? I've only done this once before and it was a while back, but they did indeed ship to Canada.

Edit 2: Yes they do. It's $10 extra. Shows up right when you click the pledge. Derp, lol.

cpooi

All the widescreen versions (read PSV, PS3) have background being chopped of due to aspect ratio though...

Also, Asia has no PSM. Thanks Sony.

Andrefpvs

All the widescreen versions (read PSV, PS3) have background being chopped of due to aspect ratio though...

Also, Asia has no PSM. Thanks Sony.

I heard you can scroll the backgrounds if you hide the text, though. So it's more like they're hidden, not permanently cropped.

Track down Adam Boyes at PSX and tell him directly.

Well Sekai, now you know! -- send someone to PlayStation Experience and find the man :p

gsethi523

Neo Member

Yes (hence why I'm excited as well) :D

so just to clarify, if i were to join the kickstarter at the $50 tier now, after the update has been posted, i would still be receiving the upgraded edition with the physical guidebook?

SnakeEyes

Banned
so just to clarify, if i were to join the kickstarter at the $50 tier now, after the update has been posted, i would still be receiving the upgraded edition with the physical guidebook?
As far as I understand, yes. But only as part of the Kickstarter, and not if you wait until the products release.

elhav

Clannad and After story are some of the best animes I've seen.

Heard there is a fan translation of the VN, but an official release is better of course.

A Vita version would be freaking awesome. This game is perfect for a handheld

Top Bottom