• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classics HD: Ratchet and Clank Trilogy

krae_man

Was the UYA multiplayer anthing special? Or was it just simple deathmatch/CTF, Control the node stuff.

I mean, I'm sure it was amazing stuff for 2004 but is it worth playing in 2012? I didn't have internet in 2004 so I missed out.

nope, it's purely Ratchet reasons. Another component of the 10th Anniversary Celebration.

Believe me, not ideal, but everyone both here and at Sony agree this is what we needed to do.

It'll make sense this fall.

Could you even drop a hint as to why this would be such a great idea for the U.S only? Why would some sort of "celebration" only apply to one portion of the world, and the Ratchet fanbase?

Acrylic7

Hell yes
ps2 Ratchets are far far better than the ps3 Ratchets.

kinda bummed Deadlocked isn't in there, but cant argue with the masterpieces Up Your Arsenal and Going Commando.

Deepo

So, I just recently switched to a US account because I'm tired of Europe always having to wait forever for localization and such.

Great idea :/

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So, I just recently switched to a US account because I'm tired of Europe always having to wait forever for localization and such.

Great idea :/

With PS3, you can have both accounts. Don't see what the problem is?

V_Ben

Banned
Could you even drop a hint as to why this would be such a great idea for the U.S only? Why would some sort of "celebration" only apply to one portion of the world, and the Ratchet fanbase?

I'm going to guess "new full ratchet game... With a multiplayer beta."

btkadams

nope, it's purely Ratchet reasons. Another component of the 10th Anniversary Celebration.

Believe me, not ideal, but everyone both here and at Sony agree this is what we needed to do.

It'll make sense this fall.
this better not mean something catastrophic has happened to the ratchet franchise.
well, no HD collection has offered more than 3 games at this point.

true, but the lack of jak x in the jak & daxter collection was also lame. it's not like it should be a standard.

Derrick01

Banned
btw, how did the Jak Collection turn out despite the subHD stuff?

I don't know if it was subHD. Jak 2 and 3 certainly looked and ran smoother than they did on PS2. Some people complained about minor missing graphical stuff but be honest, do you remember every single minor detail of those games? Do you care if the sun is missing from Jak 1 (or so I've been told, I just bought Jak 1 so I don't know yet)?

Or do you just want to play the 3 games again? As I said they do look and run better as a whole.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

The Celebration is worldwide.

Again, it'll make sense later. Europeans get it early, NA gets a bonus. That isn't to say the bonus will be exclusive to NA.

Again, it'll all make sense later, realize this isn't the ideal way to have to explain it.

Again, it'll make sense later. Europeans get it early, NA gets a bonus. That isn't to say the bonus will be exclusive to NA.

Again, it'll all make sense later, realize this isn't the ideal way to have to explain it.

Fair enough. Thanks.

Agreed. No reason not to release it in NA during the summer if not for some other Ratchet release coming soon.

Maybe if you're talking about a new Ratchet in 2013.

Persona7

Banned
I wish these things weren't segmented.

I actually liked Deadlocked and The Lost Frontier but they will probably never get a HD version.

matmanx1

Nice! And May is a great time as there isn't much already announced for May that I want. I never played the early games so I am excited about this.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't know if it was subHD. Jak 2 and 3 certainly looked and ran smoother than they did on PS2. Some people complained about minor missing graphical stuff but be honest, do you remember every single minor detail of those games? Do you care if the sun is missing from Jak 1 (or so I've been told, I just bought Jak 1 so I don't know yet)?

Or do you just want to play the 3 games again? As I said they do look and run better as a whole.

I think it's the principle of it that bothers people. The product just comes off as shoddy work.

Aru

Haven't play R&C 2 and Secret Agent Clank, but played all the other games (well, A Crack in Time is in my backlog though).
I won't buy a collection only for 1 game :/ I might buy it solo on PSN, when discounted.

ChryZ

So the EU isn't get fucked by the lack of bonus?

btkadams

maybe eu will have to pay for it.

maybe it's a ratchet online-multiplayer-only psn game that will come free with the collection in the fall for NA, but cost like $20 (equivalent) in the EU. that would kind of defeat the point of the up your arsenal online mode though, so probably not.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

we try not to screw anyone, and when we do have things that suck for one side of the pond or the other, we do our best to make it up to folks while again not screwing anyone.

obviously this isn't always possible due to SCEE / SCEA being somewhat independent in terms of how they publish things, but I'm pretty happy with how this is all working out. I just wish we could tell you the rest of the 10th Anniversary stuff.

Joni

Probably a demo for the next Ratchet & Clank game, or Sly 4 demo packed in in the US, timed Plus exclusive in Europe. I'd like to think it is payback to the Americans because they usually get stuff before Europe.

And don't forget Sony, you still need to bring Volume II for Jak & Daxter; and Ratchet & Clank. I like my easy trophies.

ChryZ

we try not to screw anyone, and when we do have things that suck for one side of the pond or the other, we do our best to make it up to folks while again not screwing anyone.

obviously this isn't always possible due to SCEE / SCEA being somewhat independent in terms of how they publish things, but I'm pretty happy with how this is all working out. I just wish we could tell you the rest of the 10th Anniversary stuff.

Fair enough. I, for one, still got way too many games to play and will just wait until the cat is out of the bag. Thanks god that the PS3 is region free and importing pretty painless. Thanks for the heads up, man.

Oh gee oh gee oh gee oh gee. 60fps @ 1080p? :eek: My eyes will cry rainbows.

So glad this is being made! I can picture the look on my nieces' face when I tell them. I'm their personal Ratchet-playing (willful) slave.

Shtof

Tears of joy, literally. No Deadlocked is certainly disappointing, though, but whatever. I'm happy.

wouwie

Yes, so happy to be able to play the first games in this awesome franchise. I played the 3 PS3 games (All4One not included) and loved them all so it is going to be nice to learn more about the gameworld and what preceeded the PS3 games.

Also, i hope Insomniac is going to do at least one more Ratchet game on next gen consoles.

Deepo

With PS3, you can have both accounts. Don't see what the problem is?

Yeah, it's not a problem in this case. I'll just buy the EU version.

It's more a feeling that, just when I join the winning team, they start losing. The Operation Rainfall stuff also gives me a feeling that we might be seeing a shift in which market gets priority.

I made the switch primarily because of my Vita. Wouldn't be so easy if the same sort of thing should start happening there. You also have the fact that a lot of Vita games were released later in the US than in Europe. Wasn't by much, but still. It used to be easy: US gets everything 6 months earlier.

Yeah, it's all just based on speculation from my side, so I'm probably reading to much into it. It might also be that abandoning all the platinums on my EU account are making me look for excuses to switch back :)

My final thoughts are that I hope there are no mandatory crazy MP trophies involved.

If you feel necessary to do MP trophies, Uncharted 2's "Dip your toes in" trophies are fine.

[Day one either way.]

matmanx1

Ahh my bad. Fall for NA. That's still ok though I'm just glad we are getting these in 1080p @ 60fps. That alone is going to be a real treat.

krae_man

My guess is a Nov 6th release right up against Call of Duty.

Insomniac should have known back in 2002 Modern Warfare would blow up and prevented this issue from happening :p

Deepo

Ahh my bad. Fall for NA. That's still ok though I'm just glad we are getting these in 1080p @ 60fps. That alone is going to be a real treat.

I'd be very surprised if these games would be running at native 1080p, seeing as they share a lot of technology with the Jak games. They did not seem easy to port.

Top Bottom