• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clint Hocking leaves LucasArts (Update: Now At Valve)

He has big ideas and Valve seems like a place that would let him work on them.

Anyway, speaking of gaming masterminds and Valve, does anyone know what Doug Church is up to over there?

I'm curious about this myself. Valve doesn't have Doug Church listed on their people page (not sure if he ever was), and while I'm on the subject, Abdul "IceFrog" Ismail is no longer listed on the page either - is he even working at Valve anymore?

http://www.valvesoftware.com/company/people.html

I feel like Valve has more employees then what's being represented here, or maybe their departures were just quiet ones.

I didn't like the malaria =(
I didn't mind it, thought it added a little extra tension plus it was significant to the story near the end. Plus the missions where you had to deliver transit papers to the people to get the pills were easy (also, significant to the story as well.)

I can understand why people didn't like it though.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I didn't mind it, thought it added a little extra tension plus it was significant to the story near the end. Plus the missions where you had to deliver transit papers to the people to get the pills were easy (also, significant to the story as well.)

I can understand why people didn't like it though.

I liked the idea... but it just felt.. "ahhh agian?"

Also, My ak-47 broke.... IT NEVER BREAKS D_D

Yeah I was cool with that just because guns jam in real life too (even well maintained guns, let alone guns you go swimming in muddy rivers with). Again I can see why people may not have liked it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This thread is reminding me of how amazing Far Cry 2 was.

From what I played Far Cry 2 had some awesome ideas but was bogged down with terrible execution. I ran into a ton of glitches while playing and just had to stop. Something with those concepts but with a Valve level of polish could be absolutely amazing.

From what I played Far Cry 2 had some awesome ideas but was bogged down with terrible execution. I ran into a ton of glitches while playing and just had to stop. Something with those concepts but with a Valve level of polish could be absolutely amazing.
Really? The only glitch I recall is people appearing to point their guns away from you, but still their bullets hit you. Every other issue was game design related (enemies spotting you from improbably distances, respawning checkpoints).

Kade

I personally thought Far Cry 2 was really good. Shame most people didn't even get to the second map or know of its existence.

Top Bottom