• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neuromancer said:
The giant AR card is tempting but I know I'd use it, like, once or twice and then never again.

I ordered one cause like you said id use it once or twice (maybe a few times to show friends) but moreso cause I think it might make a nifty poster

i just filled out a bunch of surveys for some coins, at about 1200 again.

i'm about 520 this year already, so i'm good for another platinum

thanks blockbuster and gamestops used sections!

when i fill the surveys out, all i answer is "xenoblade" or "did reggie get fired yet"

I'm consistently shocked at how many coins some of you have. I mean, I buy a LOT of Nintendo games but I never seem to rack up so many coins so quickly.

JackFrost said:
I ordered one cause like you said id use it once or twice (maybe a few times to show friends) but moreso cause I think it might make a nifty poster
Yeah that's true. I thought the AR t-shirt Europe got was cooler though.

bubnbob

Banned
AbsoluteZero said:
I'm consistently shocked at how many coins some of you have. I mean, I buy a LOT of Nintendo games but I never seem to rack up so many coins so quickly.

Family accounts, you can register multiple copies under "one" family account.

Struct09 said:
Neat, finally some interesting stuff! Picked up the AR card and posters; I will probably never use either.
ElectricBlanketFire said:
I saw that, but it also says they're on sale to the general public at the same time.

Mistake?

Also, holy hell $150 for floor seats.
Just give me the opportunity, Nintendo. East Coast is the Best Coast, we won't even complain about the vig!

AbsoluteZero said:

I didnt join till I saw last years Platinum and dug all my wii games out which racked me around 700 points i believe. then the 3ds came and they started throwing coins at people (eshop link was 40 plus alot of us got double/triple for that) then the free apps (netflix,nintendo video, pokemon app, excitebike) all had post plays. I think from here on out im screwed though...a couple new nintendo games is all i see in the future for me (ill start checking them used bins for codes though)

isny

napkin dispenser
ElectricBlanketFire said:
I saw that, but it also says they're on sale to the general public at the same time.

Mistake?

Also, holy hell $150 for floor seats.

It says "Special Offer", so I'm assuming, if they're not presale tickets, that they're special package deals that include a collectible and a chance to meet Miyamoto or Kondo or something.

But yeah, I'm definitely not paying $150 for floor seats. It's going to sound the same regardless of where you're sitting. (I'm just glad I'll be in town for Blizzcon and have already re-arranged my schedule to make sure I get to make this show!)

mr_chun

I'm so bummed that the game rack sold out and never came back. I wanted to snag that with my coins that expired in June, but it was already gone. :(

Nintendo customer service continues to impress. Redeemed a DS pouch and a messenger bag at the expiration deadline; the messenger bag came but the pouch didn't. After 2 weeks, I sent an email to Nintendo and they sent another one, no questions asked. Pouch arrived last week.

I figured they must have made an error amidst a ton of orders and failed to ship the pouch initially. But nope, the original pouch just now arrived in my mailbox today. Kudos to Nintendo (even if the pouch costs them like 50 cents) but the USPS needs to get their shit in order. UPS delivered the second pouch in about a week while it took 3 1/2 weeks for the first one to reach me.

I agree....it wouldve been pretty cool if they made a new card and slapped whatever info was needed in this new update. Still looks pretty badass though from what I can see in pics.

iphys

I ordered the AR card -- if I don't use it that much, I can always stick it on the wall. Considering the main cost of it is probably the postage, it's a shame they couldn't have included two more cards with the rest of the characters and charged like 400 coins for the set. I wonder if they will ever make giant versions of the other cards available.

Uggh...I apparently was able to snag a OoT3D CD in the later shipment, but I'm worried that they automatically shipped to an old address I had stored in there instead of the one I've been using for the last couple years. It's basically my fault for not updating, but it's also annoying that the shipping info doesn't give any details about shipping address.

Roto13

DBebm5 said:
Uggh...I apparently was able to snag a OoT3D CD in the later shipment, but I'm worried that they automatically shipped to an old address I had stored in there instead of the one I've been using for the last couple years. It's basically my fault for not updating, but it's also annoying that the shipping info doesn't give any details about shipping address.
It automatically ships to the main address saved on your account. You can get them to change it if you email them about it before it ships. I don't know if they'll be able to help you after it ships, though.

iphys said:
I ordered the AR card -- if I don't use it that much, I can always stick it on the wall. Considering the main cost of it is probably the postage, it's a shame they couldn't have included two more cards with the rest of the characters and charged like 400 coins for the set. I wonder if they will ever make giant versions of the other cards available.
Actually, they're $200 (!) each:
4k9t82.jpg

Heh.

Crayons

Banned
Quick question, if we already linked our Club Nintendo accounts to the 3DS shop before the 40 coin offer was available, we can't receive the coins, right?

Is there a chance that the gold Skyward Sword wiimote will be a Club Nintendo reward? I'm holding on to my points until I know I won't need them to get it.

Roto13

Oni Link 666 said:
Is there a chance that the gold Skyward Sword wiimote will be a Club Nintendo reward? I'm holding on to my points until I know I won't need them to get it.
I really doubt it will be Club Nintendo exclusive. I haven't heard anything to that effect, even a rumour.

I redeemed my Platinum gift today, but then the option to redeem the gold gift went away.

Do I only get the plat gift and not both? That is kind of lame. Also I put in my address correctly but after I submitted it, they had dropped the apt #. Hopefully everything works out and it gets to me.

Kind of shitty, I have no desire to hit gold or plat status next year.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Oni Link 666 said:
Zero chance. It will never ever ever happen.

watershed

Banned
DBebm5 said:
When you order it asks you if you want to use your default or a new address. The default lists the full address. You should send them an email before the package is shipped or processed if you can. And change the default pronto.

Clipper

A reminder for those not reading the thread title.... If you qualified for Platinum or Gold Elite Status in the 2010/2011 Club Nintendo year, redeem your prize before July 31 or you will miss out.

nismogrendel said:
I redeemed my Platinum gift today, but then the option to redeem the gold gift went away.

Do I only get the plat gift and not both? That is kind of lame. Also I put in my address correctly but after I submitted it, they had dropped the apt #. Hopefully everything works out and it gets to me.

Kind of shitty, I have no desire to hit gold or plat status next year.
Yeah, change your address and e-mail them to tell them what address you actually want it sent to. They'll fix it right up for you.

As for the pries, yes, it was a choice between the two gifts and it made that abundantly clear. However, if you would prefer the calendars to the badges, mention this in your e-mail and I'm sure they'll let you switch your choice.

Roto13 said:
It automatically ships to the main address saved on your account. You can get them to change it if you email them about it before it ships. I don't know if they'll be able to help you after it ships, though.

Ugh, that's what I feared. The thing shipped out more than a week ago. My old apartment is within driving distance, but I think my loathing for the scumbag managers there exceeds my desire to have the OST.

...Or does it?

...Yep, yep it does.

Roto13

DBebm5 said:
Ugh, that's what I feared. The thing shipped out more than a week ago. My old apartment is within driving distance, but I think my loathing for the scumbag managers there exceeds my desire to have the OST.

...Or does it?

...Yep, yep it does.
Go to the post office and fill out a change of address form. (This is something you should have done anyway, just because it's a good idea.) Any mail for you delivered to your old address will be forwarded to your new address. It might have been delivered already, though, in which case you might be SOL.

This all could have been avoided at multiple steps if you were more on the ball. :p

Roto13 said:
Go to the post office and fill out a change of address form. (This is something you should have done anyway, just because it's a good idea.) Any mail for you delivered to your old address will be forwarded to your new address. It might have been delivered already, though, in which case you might be SOL.

This all could have been avoided at multiple steps if you were more on the ball. :p

Wait, I'm an idiot, I actually HAD registered a change of address at the post office. Crisis averted (hopefully)! Just need to wait it out. But yeah, I have nobody to blame but myself if it doesn't find its way to me...

Clipper

It'll be interesting to see what sort of surveys the 20 free games that 3DS early adopters are getting will have. Probably just post plays, but still, that's 200 free coins! Perhaps only the NES ones will count for surveys given the GBA ones will be exclusive to Ambassadors for now...

isny

napkin dispenser
Clipper said:
It'll be interesting to see what sort of surveys the 20 free games that 3DS early adopters are getting will have. Probably just post plays, but still, that's 200 free coins! Perhaps only the NES ones will count for surveys given the GBA ones will be exclusive to Ambassadors for now...

Holy shit, thanks for that link. Now I don't feel as screwed over by Nintendo.

I can't believe that price drop though, this is Virtual Boy levels of crazy.

watershed

Banned
Clipper said:
Yes, I hope your right, 200 free coins would go a long way to helping me get platinum status for this year. Without it I probably wouldn't even come close.

WOW....just got my AR card....bigger then i thought....cool stuff though. (though its a little beat up....couple creases where creases should not be)

Gravijah

Clipper said:

Should put me at Platinum if we get 200 coins. Really hoping.

Clipper

Naked Snake said:
I still haven't registered/linked my 3DS or any of the retail or eshop downloads... gosh I'm so lazy.
You better do it in the next two weeks if you want the 20 free games (I'm assuming you haven't accessed the shop at all here, but if you did already then you're good).

Clipper said:
You better do it in the next two weeks if you want the 20 free games (I'm assuming you haven't accessed the shop at all here, but if you did already then you're good).

I did access the US eShop and bought a few games before Nintendo blocked non-US credit cards. Now I'm using the Brazil eShop, but I can switch back to US eshop anytime (can't buy anything though). Hopefully there won't be any issue with getting the free games.

Clipper

Naked Snake said:
I did access the US eShop and bought a few games before Nintendo blocked non-US credit cards. Now I'm using the Brazil eShop, but I can switch back to US eshop anytime (can't buy anything though). Hopefully there won't be any issue with getting the free games.
Keep in mind that you may lose stored funds if you switch shops back (that happens on Wii, but I haven't confirmed for 3DS). The free games thing seems to be worldwide, so I suppose you'll just get the Brazilian offerings. Then again, if there is no official announcement for Brazil, maybe they aren't dropping the price :/.

Also, given that you switched stores, it's not certain you'll qualify if you switch back after the deadline, as it may treat your US account as deleted or inactive. If you don't find anything about a Brazilian version of the offer, it might be best to spend as much of your stored funds as you can, switch account to US, and then link, get all your Club Nintendo coins and count for the offer at the same time.

Of course, any of my suppositions here could be wrong.

Clipper said:
Keep in mind that you may lose stored funds if you switch shops back (that happens on Wii, but I haven't confirmed for 3DS). The free games thing seems to be worldwide, so I suppose you'll just get the Brazilian offerings. Then again, if there is no official announcement for Brazil, maybe they aren't dropping the price :/.

Also, given that you switched stores, it's not certain you'll qualify if you switch back after the deadline, as it may treat your US account as deleted or inactive. If you don't find anything about a Brazilian version of the offer, it might be best to spend as much of your stored funds as you can, switch account to US, and then link, get all your Club Nintendo coins and count for the offer at the same time.

Of course, any of my suppositions here could be wrong.

Shit, now you have me worried! And I totally forgot about losing funds when switching regions... oh Nintendo, why do you have to make things so difficult?

Naked Snake said:
Shit, now you have me worried! And I totally forgot about losing funds when switching regions... oh Nintendo, why do you have to make things so difficult?
From what I remember the losing funds was only on Wii and only between Australia. I speculate the reasoning for deleting balances to start with is it causes all kinds of internal accounting and payment problems if done on large scale (and they introduced it pretty swiftly for the affected country
typical Nintendo punish the behavior rather than look at the cause; which was no Turbografx games...being slightly cheaper didn't help much either
).

Of course with the eShop each country has a separate wallet/balance so if you switch to the US store you'll see your US funds (but not the Brazilian ones) but if you go back to Brazil you'll see the Brazilian funds (but not the US ones). I wonder if this is why everyone gets the same games for the ambassador program...

Gravijah

If I delete Netflix, link my Club Nintendo account to my Wii and then re-download Netflix, will I be able to do the survey? Completely forgot about linking my Wii.

Clipper

Gravijah said:
If I delete Netflix, link my Club Nintendo account to my Wii and then re-download Netflix, will I be able to do the survey? Completely forgot about linking my Wii.
I think you'd need to delete your entire Wii Shop account for that to work. I suggest you link, then e-mail Nintendo and ask very nicely if they'd enable your survey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom