• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this is a suitable thread for it:

Free to a good home - or to trade - are a few (Euro) Club Nintendo vouchers I picked up when I bought a second-hand Wii for my daughter:

Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Warioware: Smooth Moves

Both MP8 and Smooth Moves have the silver coating so definitely haven't been used, and although MKWii just has the code printed on I doubt it's been used either - the person I bought it from just seems to have played the games and not bothered with points, the Shop etc.

PM me if you want them.

Cosmonaut X said:
Hope this is a suitable thread for it:

Free to a good home - or to trade - are a few (Euro) Club Nintendo vouchers I picked up when I bought a second-hand Wii for my daughter:

Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Warioware: Smooth Moves

Both MP8 and Smooth Moves have the silver coating so definitely haven't been used, and although MKWii just has the code printed on I doubt it's been used either - the person I bought it from just seems to have played the games and not bothered with points, the Shop etc.

PM me if you want them.

Mario Party 8 has expired I think, not sure about Smooth Moves (there should be an expiration date somewhere on the slip)

watershed

Banned
Got my giant AR card today. Pretty neat and it is HUGE. Miis and Mario end up being like 6 feet tall. My only problem has been that its hard to keep the card on screen. They say keep a 7-10 feet distance but that hasn't worked out too well. Still really cool. Can't wait to take a pic of mario sitting on the crapper.

artwalknoon said:
Got my giant AR card today. Pretty neat and it is HUGE. Miis and Mario end up being like 6 feet tall. My only problem has been that its hard to keep the card on screen. They say keep a 7-10 feet distance but that hasn't worked out too well. Still really cool. Can't wait to take a pic of mario sitting on the crapper.

was it clean? mine had alot of creases and whatnot which kinda suks cause id like to use it as a poster

watershed

Banned
JackFrost said:
was it clean? mine had alot of creases and whatnot which kinda suks cause id like to use it as a poster
mine has some creases at the top and the fold in the middle but I'd say its clean.

artwalknoon said:
mine has some creases at the top and the fold in the middle but I'd say its clean.

cool thanks.
The crease in the middle is fine as its needed , but mine got a huge crease from top to bottom (like it was shoddily folded) not even in the center or straight , and a bunch of little creases (kinda like when you bend ore whack a tubed poster). Meh ive been harassing Nintendo alot lately maybe ill let this slide.

artwalknoon said:
Haha, post pictures please.

isny

napkin dispenser
Got some info on the Club Nintendo offer for the Zelda concert in LA.

Emails will go out on Monday with an offer to buy discounted tickets for the concert in October for Club Nintendo members enrolled in email communications.

Really looking forward to this! Hopefully this info will stop some of you from buying tickets until you get your email from Nintendo =D

watershed

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Haha, post pictures please.
Bad news, turns out the giant AR card is too giant. It needs to be about half its size in order to sit comfortably on top of a toilet seat and have the 3ds be able to read it properly. I haven't given up yet though!

What kind of material is the card made out of? I couldn't really tell from the picture on Club Nintendo. Is it like paper that posters are printed on..? If so, I have a feeling mine won't last long.

Piercedveil said:
What kind of material is the card made out of? I couldn't really tell from the picture on Club Nintendo. Is it like paper that posters are printed on..? If so, I have a feeling mine won't last long.
its a little thicker then poster paper but not as thick as posterboard

Jzero

I just got the Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony email. i kinda want to go. but i am not paying $128

Edit: nevermind that price is for vip :p

Allan Holdsworth said:
Mario Party 8 has expired I think, not sure about Smooth Moves (there should be an expiration date somewhere on the slip)
Smooth Moves would have expired but the Nintendo Selects version existing might have extended its life.

fernoca

brucewaynegretzky said:
That's what I thought, but everyone was just talking about giant Mario's... How are the games on the big card then?
The other side of the card has an image of Mario, which creates a giant Mario.

pJsIQ.png

EDIT:
Seems the AR-card is in backorder.

The Giant Mii AR Card is currently on back order. We expect to begin shipping again by the end of August, 2011. You may place your order now and we will ship your order as soon as stock arrives.

Just when I recieved the shipping notification of mine! XD

Can I link my 3DS to my US Club Nintendo account if I'm using the Brazilian eShop? I'm guessing no, and I'm wondering what should I do...

I got a US 3DS at launch, bought and downloaded some games from the American eShop, but then switched to Brazil eShop after Nintendo blocked non-US credit cards from the American eShop. So now I have downloaded games from both regions.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Naked Snake said:
Can I link my 3DS to my US Club Nintendo account if I'm using the Brazilian eShop? I'm guessing no, and I'm wondering what should I do...

I got a US 3DS at launch, bought and downloaded some games from the American eShop, but then switched to Brazil eShop after Nintendo blocked non-US credit cards from the American eShop. So now I have downloaded games from both regions.
Wait.
I can switch eShops?

Clipper

Naked Snake said:

Nope, only the US and Canadian eShop works. You can switch back to the US shop without losing games you have bought, but any remaining money in the Brazilian wallet will be inaccessible until you return to Brazil again.

If all you want to do is link your account, then by all means switch to US, link, then switch back to Brazil. You won't earn coins for your purchases, but you'll get the 40 bonus coins and you won't lose your Brazilian wallet amount from what I hear.

If you also want those extra Club Nintendo coins for games you download in the future, I suggest you switch back to the US store and get US prepaid 3DS cards for the eShop. Either find somebody in the US friendly enough to buy cards for you with you repaying by Paypal (they can get Best Buy bonus credits and stuff for their trouble), or use a service like Play-Asia (although the premium is kinda high).

fernoca

They were right in the 10 days to get my AR Card, just got it! Darn it's big! But nice that it came in a bag, so can put it in the floor and anywhere without worrying of it getting dirty. :p

dallow_bg said:
Wait.
I can switch eShops?

Yes, but not to any region you want. There is a specific list of countries you can choose from (depending on the version of your hardware I assume), and only a few countries let you access the eShop.

Furthermore, there is no additional content whatsoever on the Brazilian eShop compared to the American one, but it's the only one I can use my credit card on.

Clipper said:
Nope, only the US and Canadian eShop works. You can switch back to the US shop without losing games you have bought, but any remaining money in the Brazilian wallet will be inaccessible until you return to Brazil again.

If all you want to do is link your account, then by all means switch to US, link, then switch back to Brazil. You won't earn coins for your purchases, but you'll get the 40 bonus coins and you won't lose your Brazilian wallet amount from what I hear.

If you also want those extra Club Nintendo coins for games you download in the future, I suggest you switch back to the US store and get US prepaid 3DS cards for the eShop. Either find somebody in the US friendly enough to buy cards for you with you repaying by Paypal (they can get Best Buy bonus credits and stuff for their trouble), or use a service like Play-Asia (although the premium is kinda high).

Oh right, I forgot about the prepaid cards. Are they widely available at retail now? They were more like an urban legend a few months ago.

Clipper

Naked Snake said:
Oh right, I forgot about the prepaid cards. Are they widely available at retail now? They were more like an urban legend a few months ago.
They're definitely at Best Buy. My US mate got me two $20 prepaid cards from there even prior to the 3DS launch. Those, along with the $50 top-up I added while I still could, have covered my purchases so far, but I'll need more soon. I'm not sure about other retailers (except Play-Asia, which may have bought via BB) as my mate buys all his stuff through BB as he gets the reward points. I've been getting US PSN cards the same way too, but that's not necessary now that I found my Aussie Amex works for US PSN.

jgkspsx

Do you pay tax on the card and then on point purchases? I almost bought one at Best Buy, but wasn't about to pay double tax on it.

Clipper

jgkspsx said:
Do you pay tax on the card and then on point purchases? I almost bought one at Best Buy, but wasn't about to pay double tax on it.
Tax depends on your state, I think. My friend in Michigan doesn't pay tax on the cards and I set my 3DS purchase postcode to a place in Oregon, which has no tax on online purchases so that I don't get charged there. I have heard elsewhere that the cards themselves should not be taxed at retail, but again that might be a state thing. Why not just ask someone at Best Buy if the cards will incur tax or not before buying?

DJ_Tet

Banned
They have some pretty nice new posters up. The Donkey Kong ones are pretty cool, I might actually have to grab those along with the Mario and Zelda ones.

edit: Of course the DK ones are 400 coins instead of 350 :(

Clipper said:
Star Fox 64 3D is up for Intend to Buy.

I saw it two days ago and took the survey when I registered my 3DS and games.

By the way, you're getting a few shoutouts on this thread (very deservedly if I might say so). You're easily "the most helpful" poster I can think of in terms of your consistent willingness to answer people's questions with detailed and elaborate advice (and your all the work on the homebrew and emulation wiki/guides).

Clipper

Naked Snake said:
By the way, you're getting a few shoutouts on this thread (very deservedly if I might say so). You're easily "the most helpful" poster I can think of in terms of your consistent willingness to answer people's questions with detailed and elaborate advice (and your all the work on the homebrew and emulation wiki/guides).
Aw, the thanks makes it all worth it :)

Jackano

I have a US Phantom Hourglass code. I do NOT know if it is still available, both on how your local Club Nintendo work and if the previous owner used it (I don't think so; I buy this game second-handed from an another EU Zelda games fan!).
It's free so PM me, but I will love a european code in exchange if you have one :)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
You know what I'd like to see?

I'd like to see NOA put up a 3DS-friendly version of the Club Nintendo website, or even a dedicated Club Nintendo application for the 3DS.

I find it inane that the 3DS's default bookmarks link to the Club Nintendo website, but that th website clunks miserably along on the 3DS browser.

On the off chance that any NOA folks are perusing these threads (as suggested by the Brawl thread), could you get someone to make a 3DS friendly version of your website for the 3DS?

jgkspsx

So... I got my 3DS. Set up a family account and created my wife a CN user. Set up my 3DS on her user. Downloaded the free applications. Delinked both 3DSes, relinked hers to her account and mine to mine. And then I downloaded Link's Awakening on mine. Again. Argh!

What do you think the chances are that they can do anything for me? :(

The VC games are only worth 10 points, right?

DavidDayton said:
You know what I'd like to see?

I'd like to see NOA put up a 3DS-friendly version of the Club Nintendo website, or even a dedicated Club Nintendo application for the 3DS.
Yeah, that one's a laugh.

Edit: I'm not really intending to buy Starfox 64, but I did the Intend to Buy. Same old survey, but now they prompt you to post about it on your social networks. I'd rather die, myself, but it's a good idea. Maybe Nintendo is starting to get serious about staying in business.

Clipper

Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker 2 and Kirby Mass Attack are up for Intend to Buy.

It has also been announced that the Ambassador games will count for Club Nintendo coins in the US. To qualify, you have to link your CN account before you download the games, though.

That means that all ambassador's get a 200 coin bonus this year. Anybody complaining about making platinum should be mocked :p.

For those Ambassadors that have never even signed up to Club Nintendo before, now is the time to do it. You get all the following coins for free due to your 3DS purchase by the end of the year:

System Registration: 170
Linking: 40
Pokedex 3D: 20
Nintendo Video: 10
Netflix: 10
Four Swords: 10
Ambassador Games: 200

That's 460 coins all up. The remaining 140 coins to make Platinum for the year can be earned from 2 new 3DS games or 3 older ones. It's a very easy year to make Platinum.

Edit: Added Four Swords.

Izayoi

Banned
The problem I'm going to have now is going over by almost 150 coins - again - because of ItB and Ambassador games. Damn you, Nintendo!

Ondore

*spittake*

Where was it announced those games count, though? I don't see anything on the Club Nintendo site for it, and if that's correct I've clinched Platinum already.

Clipper said:
Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker 2 and Kirby Mass Attack are up for Intend to Buy.

It has also been announced that the Ambassador games will count for Club Nintendo coins in the US. To qualify, you have to link your CN account before you download the games, though.

That means that all ambassador's get a 200 coin bonus this year. Anybody complaining about making platinum should be mocked :p.

For those Ambassadors that have never even signed up to Club Nintendo before, now is the time to do it. You get all the following coins for free due to your 3DS purchase:

System Registration: 170
Linking: 40
Pokedex 3D: 20
Nintendo Video: 20
Netflix: 20
Ambassador Games: 200

That's 470 coins all up. The remaining 130 coins to make Platinum for the year can be earned from 2 3DS games (provided at least one hasn't launched yet). It's a very easy year to make Platinum.

And don't forget Zelda 4 swords.

Also, won't there be post play surveys for these games?

Somnid

I just noticed after taking a survey for Chrono Trigger it's now putting up a page to share the game on various social media. Donkey Kong '94 didn't though.

Roto13

Somnid said:
I just noticed after taking a survey for Chrono Trigger it's now putting up a page to share the game on various social media. Donkey Kong '94 didn't though.
Huh. They didn't happen when I did the Chrono Trigger survey. I guess that's new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom