• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

DavidDayton said:
I'd love one too, actually -- how many Euro points does it go for? I'd gladly swap my Euro Club Nintendo codes (2-3 of them) plus some USA ones towards it, if any Euro gaffers were intrigued.

It says 7000 stars on the site. I know there's a conversion chart somewhere.

bumpkin

omgkitty said:
Was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way I could get a hold of a SNES Wii controller from either Japan or the UK for a reasonable price? It's so dumb the US Club Nintendo store doesn't have it. I am even willing to trade something in the US Club Nintendo store for it. I really want one and have about 800 points currently. If someone could help me out, that would be awesome!
I bought one - the Super Fami one from Japan - from someone in the official trade/buy/sell thread several months back. You could post a request there and see if anyone's got one they're willing to sell. I think I ended up paying something like 45 or 50 bucks, but it was totally worth it; the SNES is easily in my list of top consoles of all-time.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I've been working on a (fairly simplistic) spreadsheet of all Club Nintendo eligible games, coins possible for each, and coins required for each reward. Clipper helped me unmangle it a bit, and I thought I'd let anyone else see it if they were interested.

http://codebook.potchgult.com/clubnintendo/

Feel free to check it out and let us know if you see any mistakes. There are a few things we're looking for at the moment:

1) MSRP prices for most DS games. I don't think the ones I've listed are completely accurate.
2) Surveys -- does anyone have a survey OTHER than the ones listed on the front page?
3) Any info on the Rewards I might be missing. Were there other rewards we've forgotten? When did the Navy Blue DS Card Case get released?

Feel free to comment. Right now I'm not opening it up for editing by anyone other than myself and Clipper, but if things get crazy I can always add some other folks. I need to add the Wii shop updates today, but otherwise it should be accurate.

http://styroscope.wordpress.com/201...cing-now-available-on-club-nintendo-in-japan/

Japanese Club Nintendo gets Excitebots: Trick Racing as one of their rewards.

http://club.nintendo.jp/present/P125/index.html

excitebotsjapan.png

I love how they focus on the beetle, that is so Japanese of them!

Watch someone have an extended family of 200 people and an entire mid-sized town of their Club Nintendo points if that happens.
the "unobtainable" number of coins (for one person) is the thatsthejoke.gif bit

DDayton

Wario64 said:
Watch Xenoblade be Club Nintendo US exclusive for 20,000 coins
Starwolf_UK said:
Watch someone have an extended family of 200 people and an entire mid-sized town of their Club Nintendo points if that happens.
the "unobtainable" number of coins (for one person) is the thatsthejoke.gif bit

Hey, it's ALMOST possible to get a 20,000 coin item -- more than 16,000 coins possible at the moment! Just keep pumping out games and...

Clipper

DavidDayton said:
Hey, it's ALMOST possible to get a 20,000 coin item -- more than 16,000 coins possible at the moment! Just keep pumping out games and...
Not quite that close. To get that maximum coin count, you would need to have bought many of the games in 2009, but those coins would have expired as they weren't spent yet. :p

Perhaps I might add a new cell to the spreadsheet. ;)

DDayton

Clipper said:
Not quite that close. To get that maximum coin count, you would need to have bought many of the games in 2009, but those coins would have expired as they weren't spent yet. :p

Perhaps I might add a new cell to the spreadsheet. ;)

Oh, yeah -- expired coins. That was something I hadn't considered...

1) The Club Nintendo FAQ used to mention that games became ineligible for registration after a certain point, right? I don't see that mentioned anywhere at the moment. Can anyone confirm that all Club Nintendo titles can still be registered?

2) The max coin coint "at the moment" would get tricky, as you could STILL register the games for the base value + 10 post play even if registering them long after their release coins would have expired.

fernoca

Guys, as said already...
Is not about "Japan getting Excitebots for a thousand poitns lol wtf". Is about that Japan, NEVER got Excitebots; and the possibilities of similar games (not released in specific regions) been released on those regions.

Then again, NOA is NOA. :p

donny2112

I can confirm that the 3DS Ambassador games show up in your To-Do list whether you download them all or not. No surveys, yet (as expected), but they're all in the "See All To-Dos" section already despite having not downloaded some of them.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
donny2112 said:
I can confirm that the 3DS Ambassador games show up in your To-Do list whether you download them all or not. No surveys, yet (as expected), but they're all in the "See All To-Dos" section already despite having not downloaded some of them.
I really hope those surveys don't show up for games you don't download yet.

DDayton

Shadowlink said:
Can we even reach 20,000 coins?
:(

Not "normally." At the moment, the theoretical "legal" max is 16,650 coins -- and that's including the Ambassador 3DS games we haven't been given the coins for yet.

hutna

donny2112 said:

Apologies if these are dumb questions.
For titles like these we only have to do a post-play survey to get coins?
Or do we have to register it or something?
If it's just a post play survey is it 7 days we have to complete it?

Sorry, but for retail games I got club nintendo down np, it's these downloadable things I'm not 100% sure the rules for.

Poyunch

hutna said:

Sorry, but for retail games I got club nintendo down np, it's these downloadable things I'm not 100% sure the rules for.
There's no need to register since Nintendo knows you bought it. It's not like it's possible to register the game anyway since there is no serial code to register. Most post-play titles have a 7 day time limit from when they are available.

Fuzzy

hutna said:

The games are already registered in your Club Nintendo account and there isn't a registration survey. Check in a week for the post-play survey.

donny2112

hutna said:

What was said above, but first you have to make sure that your 3DS and Club Nintendo account are linked. Once you do that, the registration/surveys come automatically.

Clipper

And for completeness, the post play surveys for the Ambassador games will expire after 120 days (I think this is after registration, but might be after they become available, I've never bothered to check).

Kerrby

Banned
Clipper said:
And for completeness, the post play surveys for the Ambassador games will expire after 120 days (I think this is after registration, but might be after they become available, I've never bothered to check).

I never got one of these surveys, how does one go about getting one?

Fuzzy

Clipper said:
I'm waiting until people get their surveys before I download any of them just to make sure. I'm in no rush to play any of the NES games so the 100 points can wait until July.

iphys

Wow, I totally wasn't expecting Tetris Axis to be published by Nintendo, so that's even more Club Nintendo coins coming my way.

DDayton

Jive Turkey said:
I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered: do the Nintendo Selects games come with a registration code?

Yes. They are worth 50 coins (plus 10 post-play) and can be registered EVEN if you own the original version.

That is, you can register -both- Punch-Out!! and Nintendo Selects - Punch-Out!!.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
DavidDayton said:
Yes. They are worth 50 coins (plus 10 post-play) and can be registered EVEN if you own the original version.

That is, you can register -both- Punch-Out!! and Nintendo Selects - Punch-Out!!.
Awesome. Thanks!

BooJoh

DavidDayton said:

So I'm guessing that means if I buy the Nintendo Selects Punchout, I won't get credit for my still-pending Intend-to-Buy from the original version?

OnPoint

Any idea why I haven't got surveys for my NES games in the queue? They've all been downloaded onto my 3DS. I get surveys for my other VC purchases.

Fuzzy

OnPoint said:
Any idea why I haven't got surveys for my NES games in the queue? They've all been downloaded onto my 3DS. I get surveys for my other VC purchases.
Wait a couple of more days.

Clipper

BooJoh said:
So I'm guessing that means if I buy the Nintendo Selects Punchout, I won't get credit for my still-pending Intend-to-Buy from the original version?
Almost certainly not, but we haven't had the data to test for sure, as the previous batch of NS titles didn't have any games that had come with ItB coins. Please let us know how many coins you get if you do buy it this way.

donny2112 said:
Has it been 7 days? Maybe the surveys won't come until the full versions launch. That'd be nice. :)
It hasn't quite been, yet. I do think they'll unlock within 24 hours from now rather than waiting for their full release, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom