• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazerei

Banned
DavidDayton said:
The Club Nintendo Code Spreadsheet (http://codebook.potchgult.com/clubnintendo/) lists all items, including expired ones, on the final page.

Unless we're missing one. Someone let me know if that's the case.

Very useful spreadsheet there. I was wondering why my various 3DS downloads got different survey types, and I think I figured it out.

3DS Apps (Nintendo Video, Netflix, etc.): registration survey only

3DS VC: post-play survey only

DSiWare: post-play survey only

3DSWare (Pokedex, 3D Classics): registration survey and post-play survey

Jzero

Intend-to-buy surveys come out a month before the game launches right? So Skyward Sword survey should come out October 20?

frequency

Are any of the current rewards really worth getting? I'm sitting on 990 coins for this year. I already have the Game & Watch Collections and Game & Watch Ball.

I was thinking about the Messenger Bag or the Hanafuda Cards or something.

Jzero

frequency said:
Are any of the current rewards really worth getting? I'm sitting on 990 coins for this year. I already have the Game & Watch Collections and Game & Watch Ball.

The little red and blue pouches are the only thing i redeemed and i really like them, other than that i wouldn't get anything else.

frequency said:

It's all relative but I thought the Hanfuda cards would make a good collectors item, unlike pretty much everything else on there.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Kazerei said:
Very useful spreadsheet there. I was wondering why my various 3DS downloads got different survey types, and I think I figured it out.
3DS Apps (Nintendo Video, Netflix, etc.): registration survey only
3DS VC: post-play survey only
DSiWare: post-play survey only
3DSWare (Pokedex, 3D Classics): registration survey and post-play survey

That sounds about right. Feel free to make any other suggestions...

I did a quick update to the spreadsheet -- I'm attempting to flag and track all "extinct" titles. So far, it's only WiiWare titles that have vanished (as far as I know), although the SMS R-Type vanishes this week. Does anyone know if any DSiWare titles have been pulled so far?

jgkspsx

The life-size AR card is worth the laugh.Looking forward to using it with Tetris.

But otherwise, yeah, my wife and I have the G&W games, Ball, a blue pouch, the 8bit Mario enemy washcloth, the AR card, the Hanafuda set, the uncontrollable Wii barbecue game, and the Blooper fan. The only thing left I'd consider is the messenger bag, but I'm waiting for new items for a while.

So, if we wait to download Four Swords until the end of the availability period, it will survey in the next CN year, right? I have it on two devices already and have another 3DS. I know, only 10 points, but why not wait.

Roto13

frequency said:

I have the messenger bag and I actually use it.

frequency

Thanks for the input about the rewards everyone.

Roto13 said:
I have the messenger bag and I actually use it.

So it's good enough quality to use on a daily basis?

I bring boardgames to and from work regularly. It would be nice to have a messenger bag so people on the elevator for other floors don't constantly try to peek at what I have out of the corner of their eyes.

Does anyone have the tote bag? I think those are bigger than the messenger bags and cost less than half the coins.

donny2112

jgkspsx said:
So, if we wait to download Four Swords until the end of the availability period, it will survey in the next CN year, right?

No. Post-play surveys are 120 days from the 7 days period. Downloading on Feb. 20 means the survey shows up on Feb. 27. 120 days from that is just before the end of the Club Nintendo year.

Roto13

frequency said:
Thanks for the input about the rewards everyone.

So it's good enough quality to use on a daily basis?

I bring boardgames to and from work regularly. It would be nice to have a messenger bag so people on the elevator for other floors don't constantly try to peek at what I have out of the corner of their eyes.

Does anyone have the tote bag? I think those are bigger than the messenger bags and cost less than half the coins.
I ordered mine the night it went up on the site and it's still in great shape. I don't use it every single day, but I use it a lot, and the only sign of wear is the parts where the straps are attached inside of the bag are kind of frayed.

Whether a board game will fit in it is another question.

Futureman

What was the Elite Status award again?

Right before I moved to a new apartment in late July, I ordered the Mario Bros. terrycloth towel and my Elite status reward.

I received the towel, but remembered just now that I never got my Elite reward.

Futureman said:
What was the Elite Status award again?

Right before I moved in July, I ordered the Mario Bros. dish rag thing, and the Elite Status reward.

I received the dish rag, but never got my Elite reward.

Flair (buttons)
they ship in like december

Ondore

donny2112 said:
No. Post-play surveys are 120 days from the 7 days period. Downloading on Feb. 20 means the survey shows up on Feb. 27. 120 days from that is just before the end of the Club Nintendo year.

Those tricky bastards...

Kifimbo

New rewards: cards.

300 points.

history_handheld_cards_big_1.jpg

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/21502.do?request_locale=en

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
New reward posted

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/21502.do?request_locale=en

History of Handheld Systems: Collectible Cards

Take a trip down memory lane with this collection of cards detailing Nintendo's 30-plus year handheld history—from the Game & Watch™ series in 1980 to the Nintendo 3DS™ system in 2011.

• 12 cards featuring hand-drawn art and historical info
• Specially designed pouch featuring system art included
• Dimensions: 6.125" x 4.125"

history_handheld_cards_big_1.jpg

history_handheld_cards_big_2.jpg

history_handheld_cards_big_3.jpg

donny2112

I was just coming to post about it, too. :lol Still undecided about whether to get it or not. For 300 coins, might be worth it just to look at once and have around...

Edit:
Eh, if a gaming poster that is kept in the original container for a year before being opened is worth getting, so is this. It's not like there's anything else just begging to have the coins used on, for me, after all. :lol

Kazerei

Banned
I prefer rewards that are actually useful, rather than collectible. So far I've got the DS Lite case, DS game card case, and messenger bag. I'm considering the giant AR card too, 'cause it sounds hilarious.

krae_man

Where's the Pokemon Mini? I think it's missing a Gameboy Light too.

Anyway Regardless, this is right up my alley as I own every single one of those and then some.

What is the purpose of the cards? Just a history lesson? Sounds lame.

I'm hoping for a 3DS case or pouch and a 3DS game wallet. I have almost 1200 points now. I'm considering getting those reversible pouches or that DS Lite case. The 3DS fits fine in there, right?

Roto13

As much as I love handhelds, I know I would regret getting those cards. They'd just sit there and I'd never use them for anything. (Because there's nothing to use them for.)

I just took at look at my coins and I am 20 coins away from Platinum. And I'll be getting them next week with the Four Swords and Mario Land 2 post play surveys. (And then I'll be getting 100 more with the GBA games. Wish I could save them for next year, but oh well.)

balladofwindfishes said:
300 coins for some piece of cardboard

wow...

You have to take yourself out of that mindset and remember at least it's something. I don't get any bonuses buying PC, 360, or PS3 games like this. But Nintendo does charge a lot of coins for items on the store. I think both ways depending on my mood. :p

Spike

So Japan gets Excitebots and retro styled styluses, and we get cards. Nice.

Give me games, or accessories for the 3DS.

Jak140

Are the Game and Watch Collections actually fun to play or are they more just collectors items? I kind of want the Hanafuda Cards and will probably only be able to get one or two of the 800 point items.

Jak140 said:
Are the Game and Watch Collections actually fun to play or are they more just collectors items? I kind of want the Hanafuda Cards and will probably only be able to get one or two of the 800 point items.

The G&W games are not only not fun to play, but they have loud annoying sounds. It's like having a smoke alarm in your hand or something. It's bad. You'd be better off playing G&W Collection on 3DS VC. Only get them if you want to pad your DS collection.

isny

napkin dispenser
krae_man said:
Where's the Pokemon Mini? I think it's missing a Gameboy Light too.

Anyway Regardless, this is right up my alley as I own every single one of those and then some.

They also forgot the Virtual Boy! lol

fernoca

Lame bump, but whatever.. :p

Nintendo is reminding people over their Facebook page that the deadline to link your Club Nintendo account to the 3DS eShop; and earn 40 coins is: October 27.

That caused some confusion, as some though it was something new.

Clipper

fernoca said:
Lame bump, but whatever.. :p

Nintendo is reminding people over their Facebook page that the deadline to link your Club Nintendo account to the 3DS eShop; and earn 40 coins is: October 27.

That caused some confusion, as some though it was something new.
Reminding? This is the first time we've heard the end date, I think. It was always announced as temporary, though. Nice to know the end date now.

fernoca

Well, now there's another reminder; this time for "ambassadors".

Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors: Link your Nintendo eShop account by October 27th to qualify for post-play surveys on the games eligible for the program.​

Wonder why the October 27 date; for both cases.

Roto13

Super Mario Land 2 is eligible for a product registration survey, which is kind of weird because Virtual Console games don't get those. So if this is the new standard and it also comes with a post play survey, Virtual Console games will be worth 20 coins each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom