• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
Roto13 said:
Super Mario Land 2 is eligible for a product registration survey, which is kind of weird because Virtual Console games don't get those. So if this is the new standard and it also comes with a post play survey, Virtual Console games will be worth 20 coins each.

Thanks for the heads up on this, as the registration survey expires in a week. (October 6th for me)

jgkspsx

Roto13 said:
Super Mario Land 2 is eligible for a product registration survey, which is kind of weird because Virtual Console games don't get those. So if this is the new standard and it also comes with a post play survey, Virtual Console games will be worth 20 coins each.

Hm. I was gonna wait to pick this up because I don't feel the need to play it right now, but maybe I will before they realize their mistake.

I'm still surprised it wasn't $5. Good for them.

Roto13 said:

I wonder how many product registration surveys pass through that I don't know about.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Roto13 said:

Whoa... that's a significant change... can anyone else check to see if any OTHER 3DS VC titles got product registration surveys? Anyone buy any other titles as of late? I wonder if someone just miscategorized the game on Nintendo's servers. I've added a notation to the spreadsheet -- can anyone else confirm this on their own system, just in case it was a glitch for Roto?

isny

napkin dispenser
DavidDayton said:
Whoa... that's a significant change... can anyone else check to see if any OTHER 3DS VC titles got product registration surveys? Anyone buy any other titles as of late? I wonder if someone just miscategorized the game on Nintendo's servers. I've added a notation to the spreadsheet -- can anyone else confirm this on their own system, just in case it was a glitch for Roto?

If you see above, I already confirmed it.

Roto13

DavidDayton said:
Someone in the September Nintendo Downloads thread got it too.

fernoca

Yeah, got it too. And nope, is the first.
Also have Kirby, Super Mario Land (1), DK '94, Game & Watch and Link's Awakening DX and only got a post-play survey for those; this is the first time I've gotten a product registration survey for a GB game.

jgkspsx

I got it too. I've bought all of the VC releases the week of release if I plan to ever buy them, so I guess I'll never know.

If there's anybody who hasn't bought Picross yet, how about taking that one for the team? It's probably the best value on VC.

Off topic (lol): Boy, SML2 is a great game.

BiggNife

To anyone who has gotten the navy blue messenger bag: Is it worth getting? I could use a new messenger bag for New York Comic-Con.

isny

napkin dispenser
fernoca said:
Yeah, got it too. And nope, is the first.
Also have Kirby, Super Mario Land (1), DK '94, Game & Watch and Link's Awakening DX and only got a post-play survey for those; this is the first time I've gotten a product registration survey for a GB game.

Funny, this is what I have too, minus Game and Watch. =D

Can't wait for Metroid II!!!

Roto13

BiggNife said:
To anyone who has gotten the navy blue messenger bag: Is it worth getting? I could use a new messenger bag for New York Comic-Con.
Well, it's black. :p I use it all the time. Definitely my favourite Club Nintendo reward so far.

I bought Gargoyles Quest like a month ago and a week later got the survey if that helps anyone.

I have the black messenger bag as well. Never use it, but it's honestly nice.

Goody

BiggNife said:
Consider your stature. I'm big and tall and the thing looks like a dainty purse on me.

Clipper

fernoca said:
Well, now there's another reminder; this time for "ambassadors".

Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors: Link your Nintendo eShop account by October 27th to qualify for post-play surveys on the games eligible for the program.​

Wonder why the October 27 date; for both cases.
There's no doubt about it. At least some, but probably all of the games will release on that date. The ambassador games are automatically registered for you, so you need to have linked by the date of release in order to have the surveys appear.

Roto13 said:
I'll just add that I'm a bit shocked by this too. I wouldn't have even thought of checking. Perhaps all 3DS VC games are going to get them now, or maybe just the Nintendo published ones...

RelentlessRolento said:
I bought Gargoyles Quest like a month ago and a week later got the survey if that helps anyone.
Thanks for trying to help, but that's the typical post-play survey. SML 2 has a registration survey in addition to the post-play survey and we want to see if anything else got this treatment.

isny

napkin dispenser
I think I may have missed the Layton intend to buy. Did someone mention it here?

Also, when doing the Mario Land 2 post play, it asks you how often you played in 3D, lol

edit: nm, seems I did indeed do the intend to buy survey =D

fernoca

isny said:
I think I may have missed the Layton intend to buy. Did someone mention it here?

Also, when doing the Mario Land 2 post play, it asks you how often you played in 3D, lol

edit: nm, seems I did indeed do the intend to buy survey =D
Well, technically if you play the game in the native res (press/hold select), the Game Boy border is "3D". :p

Anyway, just did mine for Zelda and Mario Land 2. 620 points. :) Already Platinum for next year; thinking on ordering the messenger bag; even when I won't use it.

DDayton

Soo... did anyone buy Side Pocket? If so, did it have a 10 coin registration survey like SML2:6GC did?

isny said:

I did.

DavidDayton said:
Soo... did anyone buy Side Pocket?
lol Would you buy Side Pocket?

I did get a survey and 10 points for Zelda 4 Swords.

I also ordered one the blue reversible pouches. If I like it I might get a red one too. It's one of the few things I would actually use on there.

bumpkin

Oni Link 666 said:
I did.

lol Would you buy Side Pocket?

I did get a survey and 10 points for Zelda 4 Swords.

I also ordered one the blue reversible pouches. If I like it I might get a red one too. It's one of the few things I would actually use on there.
I got one of the pouches and it's perfect for my 3DS and game card case. :)

Smellycat

I can't believe that they still don't have a case for the 3DS on there yet. I have the blue pouch, and it is nice, but I want something sturdier. Is that DS Lite case any good, and will it fit the 3DS?

DDayton

If anyone buys Catrap or Side Pocket, check your Club Nintendo account to see if either grants you a Registration Survey for 10 coins. If so, please let us know...

In addition, the Coin spreadsheet now has two exciting charts -- one tracks total number of releases per month, the other the number of coins made available per month. Get an idea of how much WiiWare and Virtual Console releases have slowed down via shiny graphs and charts!

Busaiku

I forget how much time you get for the extra 10 coins (not the pre-registration survery, but the buying early thing).
Is it 1 week after the game comes out, or 1 month?

Also, has anyone gotten their pins yet?

Clipper

I bought CATRAP. It hasn't shown up in my registration list yet, but I'll make sure to check again soon.

It's a pity it won't fully answer the question as it might only be Nintendo-published titles that will get the registration surveys.

Busaiku said:
I forget how much time you get for the extra 10 coins (not the pre-registration survery, but the buying early thing).
Is it 1 week after the game comes out, or 1 month?

Also, has anyone gotten their pins yet?
30 days and we'll be e-mailed when the badges start shipping.

bumpkin

Oni Link 666 said:
What game card case are you using? I've been thinking about getting one for my growing 3DS collection.
I'm using this (but in gray/translucent black):

0358052_294207.jpg

It's technically branded as a case for DSi games, but you can fit 3DS cards in 'em fine. You just have to invert the second two (so the tabs on the corners fit).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The 'History of Handheld Systems: Collectible Cards' cards came in the mail today. They're very clean looking, on thick paper. Looking around at dollar stores now for some thin frames to put them all in and hang on the wall. Yes, you could print these, but for 300 coins it's worth it for me.

Kazerei

Banned
Smellycat said:
I can't believe that they still don't have a case for the 3DS on there yet. I have the blue pouch, and it is nice, but I want something sturdier. Is that DS Lite case any good, and will it fit the 3DS?

The DS Lite case is pretty good. It's soft and squishy, but certainly more substantial than the cloth pouch. And the 3DS does fit inside, as it's nearly the same size as the DS Lite.

Clipper

Busaiku said:
Wait, so 30 days answers the first question (early registration time)?
Or is that when we can expect e-mails?
Yes, early registration period is 30 days. We don't know when we'll get the e-mails (although somebody hinted they'd ship sometime around now earlier in the thread, I think).

DDayton

Clipper said:
I bought CATRAP. It hasn't shown up in my registration list yet, but I'll make sure to check again soon.

I thought the surveys didn't appear until 24 hours after purchase, generally... or am I nuts? I should log this in the notes...

Post-play are now appearing 7 days after purchase, right?

Clipper

DavidDayton said:
I thought the surveys didn't appear until 24 hours after purchase, generally... or am I nuts? I should log this in the notes...

Post-play are now appearing 7 days after purchase, right?
They often appear within hours too. I think Nintendo might have one or more update times throughout the day.

And yes, post-plays appear 7 days after registration.

Roto13

I bought Catrap on Friday and still haven't gotten a registration survey. I wonder how that kind of thing is going to work in the future.

jgkspsx

Still no Catrap survey for me. I think 6GC was a mistake on their part, or a test to see who are CN obsessives.

Catrap is a great little puzzler, though!

Roto13

jgkspsx said:
Still no Catrap survey for me. I think 6GC was a mistake on their part, or a test to see who are CN obsessives.

Catrap is a great little puzzler, though!
Yeah, I like it. Like 2D Catherine without the debauchery. :p

Clipper

For the others that bought Catrap, is it showing up in your list of all registered products? Mine hasn't even showed up there yet. You get to the list via the See All link in the Products Registered box at the bottom of the sidebar on the Home page.

As for the SML2 thing, we still need to wait for more games to come out to see what the deal is. It might be a once off, but it also might be a situation where only the Nintendo published VC games get the extra survey.

And yeah, Catrap is a surprisingly good little puzzler. I'm really impressed.

fernoca

VideoMan said:
Super Mario 3D Land intend-to-buy is now up.
They finally fixed it, I seems. XD

It was actually up on Friday; but when you clicked on it...there was nothing. Was like that all day, until Saturday when they removed it; and put Fossil Fighters.

Done anyway! :) Not intend to buy, I will buy it. XD

M-PG71C

Yep, filled out both surveys for Fossil Fighters and SM3D Land. I'm actually interested in the sequel for Fossil Fighters. Didn't get the first one but the second one honestly looks good.

Kazerei

Banned
Is there a way to check the Intend-to-Buys you've filled out? When I logged in I was kind of surprised to see Professor Layton (product registration) on my to-do list. I completely forgot I did the Intend-to-Buy. I know I signed up for Zelda too, but I'm not sure if did for Kirby. I guess I'll find out eventually...

VideoMan said:
Super Mario 3D Land intend-to-buy is now up.

Nice. I'm 60 points away from platinum. SM3DL and a VC game should get me there. Then I guess I'll save all my codes for next year unless something really cool makes it on there and I need the points.

I'm wondering if I'll be getting the points for linking my 3DS after the time limit. I definitely didn't get the points when I first linked it, but I though that was because I already had my Wii and DSi linked.

I also got my blue reversible pouch. It's pretty nice. I just threw all the DS and 3DS games I have out at the moment in there. I guess that beats just having them laying around. I think I'm going to get another one and put one of my DSs in it.

Roto13

I like this thread for telling me when special surveys are available and when stuff is up for Intend To Buy. I don't want to have to check that site. :p

DDayton

Kazerei said:
Is there a way to check the Intend-to-Buys you've filled out? When I logged in I was kind of surprised to see Professor Layton (product registration) on my to-do list. I completely forgot I did the Intend-to-Buy. I know I signed up for Zelda too, but I'm not sure if did for Kirby. I guess I'll find out eventually...

From the login page, click on "See All To-Dos" (or just go to https://club.nintendo.com/coins.do ). This should list all titles you've registered in one way or another.

* Currently released titles you "intended to buy" but haven't registered yet will have "Product Registration" listed next to them. This indicates that you did Intend to Buy.

* Titles that haven't been released yet will show nothing, but if you click on the product the "star total" will expand. If you see "Intend to Buy", it means you've done that survey.

* For OLD titles you've already registered, click on the title and see if you have a "Intend to Purchase" icon lit up, as well as 10 points next to the Star icon -- NOT the coin icon.

Kazerei

Banned
DavidDayton said:
From the login page, click on "See All To-Dos" (or just go to https://club.nintendo.com/coins.do ). This should list all titles you've registered in one way or another.

* Currently released titles you "intended to buy" but haven't registered yet will have "Product Registration" listed next to them. This indicates that you did Intend to Buy.

* Titles that haven't been released yet will show nothing, but if you click on the product the "star total" will expand. If you see "Intend to Buy", it means you've done that survey.

* For OLD titles you've already registered, click on the title and see if you have a "Intend to Purchase" icon lit up, as well as 10 points next to the Star icon -- NOT the coin icon.

Thanks! I never noticed they appear on the full list. Just did the Intend-to-Buy for SM3DL, and it's already there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom