• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

Just a note... if you click the Intend to Buy, but don't fill out the survey, it also moves that to your list with an Intend to Buy to do. Even if you never fill out the survey, that game will remain in your list with Product Registration as an option. I don't know what happens if you actually do buy a title like that (I like to be honest with my ItBs, but accidentally clicked a few a while back).

Also, gotta admit I had to laugh at this combo of avatars:
kirbys.png

Greyvvolf

Roto13 said:
They ran out of messenger bags once or twice but restocked them. I wouldn't worry too much.
I wonder if the Mario hat game holder will be restocked soon too? Anybody know how many coins it was to purchase?

fernoca

Yeah, I kept waiting for those Mario game holders; never returned. Recently had enough for the Messenger Bag; but kept putting it on hold because is not like I'll use it. But whatever; ordered it and got it yesterday. Awesome and slightly bigger than I thought..so..I just put it hanging on the wall!

XD

Is like the Tote Bag, those the Tote Bag is hanging with a Mario, Pikachu, and Luigi doll inside. XD ..or an additional Luigi Bag I have too.

Keep getting/buying bags, just for decoration. :p :(

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Greyvvolf said:
I wonder if the Mario hat game holder will be restocked soon too? Anybody know how many coins it was to purchase?

Wait a second... Mario -hat- Game holder?

Okay, I remember this, but I don't think it's currently in the spreadsheet... anyone have a photo? That was the zippered case in the shape of Mario's cap, right?

Edit: Wait, you're talking about the sliding/bookcase-styled one, right? The zipper pouch was Europe only - I was mixing them.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
DavidDayton said:

Okay, I remember this, but I don't think it's currently in the spreadsheet... anyone have a photo? That was the zippered case in the shape of Mario's cap, right?

TQyFM.jpg

Roto13

DavidDayton said:

There was never a case like that. :p I'm pretty sure he's talking about the hat-shaped rack you can still see in the "Cool Rewards" image on the front page of the Club Nintendo site.

EDIT: That's the one.

DDayton

Yeah, it took me a moment -- the zipper case was for Europe, I believe.

Well, I must have been half asleep when I did the rewards entries earlier -- I found several things that are no longer available, unless I'm nuts:

* Mario Nintendo DS Game Rack (as pointed out by you fine folks)
* White Nintendo DS Game Card Case
* Evolution of Mario Screensaver

I'm puzzled by the Mario Screensaver being gone... unless they REALLY wanted to keep it just for the SMB anniversary last year...

The White Nintendo DS Game Card Case is an interesting ... case ... in as much as a few websites say that it was originally 600, then vanished, reappeared in 2010 at 300, and is now gone.

fernoca

Gravijah said:
still wanna see fernocas game space
:p

I posted a lame pic at the Pokémon thread...

I'll edit in here with a pic; but but don't expect anything "awesome".. :p

EDIT:
Pic(s) posted below. :p

Greyvvolf

EvilMario said:

That's the one.

DavidDayton said:
Yeah, it took me a moment -- the zipper case was for Europe, I believe.

Well, I must have been half asleep when I did the rewards entries earlier -- I found several things that are no longer available, unless I'm nuts:

* Mario Nintendo DS Game Rack (as pointed out by you fine folks)

* White Nintendo DS Game Card Case
* Evolution of Mario Screensaver

I'm puzzled by the Mario Screensaver being gone... unless they REALLY wanted to keep it just for the SMB anniversary last year...

The White Nintendo DS Game Card Case is an interesting ... case ... in as much as a few websites say that it was originally 600, then vanished, reappeared in 2010 at 300, and is now gone.

Well, I won't be trying to save my coins for that item then.

DDayton

Greyvvolf said:
Well, I won't be trying to save my coins for that item then.

Well, some items have come back ... I wonder how long this one has been gone. We could start tracking vanishing dates, but it's more like "when did someone notice" dates.

fernoca

Mario screensaver -removal must've been this week, since it was there a few days ago

@Gravijah: Cam crashed/froze after taking a pic..restarting (WTF?)

Pics: :p

vLrHW.png

(Tote Bag's there hanging with the dolls, Luigi bag hanging, an extra Mario-anniversary box I got and a few misc. gifts through the years.. :p)

PUapQ.png

One of the Club Nintendo-Mario posters, and msic. magazines stuff.

PUHwR.png

Some mini-posters and magazines stuff and Famicom-mini Super Mario Bros. from Japan.

td677.png

One of the Club Nintendo-Mario posters and misc. magazines stuff; a shit a friend got me in NY's Nintendo Store (Large..and I'm Large..Child Large :( ); the messenger bag from CN I got yesterday.. already hanging of course. :p

yRM1m.png

Some more CN stuff: Mario figures, 2011 Calendar, Mario fan, Mario poster; along the 3DS and the 3DS games and a few magazines and other misc. stuff.

thItU.png

And a few beads-stuff, plushies and noteboooks.

DDayton

fernoca said:
Mario screensaver -removal must've been this week, since it was there a few days ago
@Gravijah: Cam crashed/froze after taking a pic..restarting (WTF?)

I wonder if it's just a glitch, or if I missed it. Does anyone else see it on their Club Nintendo page?

Roto13

DavidDayton said:
I wonder if it's just a glitch, or if I missed it. Does anyone else see it on their Club Nintendo page?
It's not there for me.

fernoca, your room reminds me so much of my bedroom when I was a teenager. I basically had Nintendo Power posters as wallpaper. :p

dallow_bg

nods at old men
And I feel half-embarrassed about just having my 1.5“ Toad figure on display in the living room....

I'll admit as a kid my room was a lot like that.

fernoca

Roto13 said:
It's not there for me.

fernoca, your room reminds me so much of my bedroom when I was a teenager. I basically had Nintendo Power posters as wallpaper. :p
Yeah, not here neither.

And yeah, mine was like that (well, worse actually) until I started college; removed everything and it looked bad because I put a lot of stuff...with glue. Painted 3 walls in white and 1 in black. But..ugh, it was like a dust/dirt magnet and barely put anything on it. So, a few months ago, painted everything blue but looked empty so started adding a few stuff her and there..and now mini-posters and magazines.

At least not, I'm not using glue this time. XD

On one hand I kinda feel weird because I'm 29 and "lol kiddy"; but on the other is stuff I like and it adds some color to it. :p

Roto13

Before I moved out of my parents' house, I took down all of my posters. Some of them got ripped and a lot of them were in really terrible shape just from being up for so long. It was kind of sad, but really, it was looking awful at that point anyway.

Still. Kind of miss my dungeon. :p But now I live on my own with my husband and I have a few shelves in the living room dedicated to random video game stuff (lots of Club Nintendo stuff) and it's nice. :p Plus every time I visit my parents I take some of my old games back with me (they live in Newfoundland and I live in Toronto) and it's nice to have them all lined up nicely on a shelf.

Someday I'll live in a bigger apartment with a room just for video gaming and there are going to be posters all over that place. In frames so they don't wear out.

fernoca

Oh!
Was planning on framing and everything first, since wanted a "more serious/adult look"; hence why I also painted white/black back then. But well, things also changed during that time. Got into a few monetary problems (someone stole around $10k from something we were working on and disappeared leaving no trace); lost a job and also around that time had an accident (felt fro ma long distance which the worst thing was that it broke my cellphone in half. Not that I used it a lot or need it; but because it caused me to end my contract earlier (since their other option was to pay $200 for a new one), but a mistake on their part (told me they were going to sent me the bill with the amount I had to pay but they never did) ; well ended putting me as delinquent for "evading paying that money") so I had to pay that money on top of the other bills, since the new job I got during the first month made $100 and in the second month made just $25.

Got a temporary job in retail which was fine, since I was with a few friends and it paid the bills...2 years later I was fired because of some money that went missing ($100); and now because of that I've lost good opportunities because I (again) have a delinquency status.

So, painted things blue and added some stuff to kinda cheer me up". :p

EDIT:
Damn ended talking about other stuff, instead of the reason of not framing. XD!
For this, decided to not frame any, because it was just something temporary. The onlyone framed was because of a frame I found hidden in the closet, with some SoulCalibur art/cell I was given for preordering #2 back then.

EDIT -THE SEQUEL:
Roto... husband? *flashbacks* :O! Forgot about it!! haven't seen you in the "other side" recently. :p

DDayton

Oni Link 666 said:
I bought Double Dragon and haven't gotten any product registration survey like with SML2. Just thought DavidDayton would like to know.

We'll just have to wait for the next Nintendo 3DS VC title and see what happens...

Did anyone purchase the Dreckworks videos? I have no idea if these are going to be treated like 3DS downloadable games, 3DS downloadable applications, etc.. If anyone purchases them, please tell us

1) If you get a Registration Survey.
2) If you get a Post Play survey a week after downloading.

Many thanks!

donny2112

DavidDayton said:
Did anyone purchase the Dreckworks videos?

I've got one. Probably will download the other later. Nothing's showed up in my Club Nintendo lists, yet, though. Not even in the "everything you've downloaded" lists. We didn't get stuff for the promotional videos, so we may not get anything for these, either.

Clipper

The Dreamworks video also isn't in my lists yet, but neither is Catrap from last week... I don't think we've hit the typical update time, so I'm not worried yet, though.

Oh, and it's probably a good time to remind everyone: If you haven't linked your 3DS system to your account yet, do it by October 27. That's when we the GBA games should be coming out (giving Ambassadors 100 points worth of more surveys a week later) and also when the 40 coin bonus survey ends.

Roto13

Wii and 3DS are getting Hulu, which I guess means it will be getting its own apps on both of those, which will probably mean more coins like from the Netflix apps.

Hylian7

Clipper said:
The Dreamworks video also isn't in my lists yet, but neither is Catrap from last week... I don't think we've hit the typical update time, so I'm not worried yet, though.

Oh, and it's probably a good time to remind everyone: If you haven't linked your 3DS system to your account yet, do it by October 27. That's when we the GBA games should be coming out(giving Ambassadors 100 points worth of more surveys a week later) and also when the 40 coin bonus survey ends.
Source on this? And have they announced what the missing 5 GBA games are?

Roto13

Hylian7 said:
Source on this? And have they announced what the missing 5 GBA games are?
They said to make sure you're linked by the 27th if you want to qualify for the GBA game coins, which is probably a pretty strong hint. They haven't announced the other five games.

bumpkin said:
I'm using this (but in gray/translucent black):

0358052_294207.jpg

It's technically branded as a case for DSi games, but you can fit 3DS cards in 'em fine. You just have to invert the second two (so the tabs on the corners fit).

You just bought the older rev. then. I bought mine back in august and they look exactly the same as that only mine says Nintendo 3DS on it instead of DSi. It was probably just older stock, the cases are exactly the same but I bought a two pack with one being red and the other blue.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Slightly off topic, but this is what we use for our DS/3DS games. It was originally some sort of Digimon collector's booklet, we found in a bargain bin for a buck at Active Surplus. Workers perfectly, 12 games per page, 48 games total. It's actually just filled up now, and we'll have to find another one soon.

UlyMk.jpg

Roto13

I just use one of these when I'm going somewhere and feel like taking a few games with me.

z2WEr.jpg

I usually just bring whatever is in my DS/3DS, though. I like having my cases all in a row on my shelf. :p

DDayton

Hey, for any and all DSi owners...

Did you get a post play survey for the DSi Web Browser? Could anyone check their account history and see if it was registered and if any coins were awarded for it?

Many thanks!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
EvilMario said:
Slightly off topic, but this is what we use for our DS/3DS games. It was originally some sort of Digimon collector's booklet, we found in a bargain bin for a buck at Active Surplus. Workers perfectly, 12 games per page, 48 games total. It's actually just filled up now, and we'll have to find another one soon.

I don't have a 3DS solution yet, but I personally just use a flash card for my DS games. I buy the games, of course, I'm not a pirate, I simply store them on the flash card and play em off it. So the games stay in their cases on the shelf. Best of all words for transportation and storage.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
DavidDayton said:
Hey, for any and all DSi owners...

Did you get a post play survey for the DSi Web Browser? Could anyone check their account history and see if it was registered and if any coins were awarded for it?

Many thanks!

Yep, I see it on my account. 10 Coins awarded.

11/18/2009 Coins Added - Nintendo DSi Browser 10

Stumpokapow said:
I don't have a 3DS solution yet, but I personally just use a flash card for my DS games. I buy the games, of course, I'm not a pirate, I simply store them on the flash card and play em off it. So the games stay in their cases on the shelf. Best of all words for transportation and storage.

That's basically what we do with our Wii harddrive, but I don't with our flash cards most of the time. I prefer to keep my save file on the actual cart, and we never invested in a large enough micro SD to keep the collection on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom