• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

ClovingSteam said:
So I just logged into my Club account for the first time since I registered my 3DS back in March. Apologize for asking a question surely answered but how do I get my ambassador games to register for coins? I already downloaded them but their not showing up as registered or redeemed.
Did you link your 3DS eShop account to your Club Nintendo account? If not, you might be out of luck. Maybe you can send them an email.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Updating the spreadsheet... Google Docs seems REALLY slow at times, sadly.

I'm curious as to why NOA is raising the "price" on those rewards.

jgkspsx

They added Catrap for me without my asking them to. Presumably they're doing it for everyone who bought it. Nice of them.

Too bad you can't get single posters. I'd get the DK game screen poster, but nothing else is my style. The "History Of Link" poster looks pretty amateur. The Mario one is better, but I just don't want to look at polygon Mario outside of a game.

DDayton

Well, I purchased Balloon Kid yesterday -- no registration survey. Perhaps SML2 was just a glitch after all...

(Also, Mario Kart 7 is up for Intend to Buy.)

isny

napkin dispenser
Did I miss someone mentioning that you now get one of the Japanese Club Nintendo SMG OST CD's when buying a new Wii holiday bundle?

Seems like a good deal if you can score a bundle for about $100, as the CD alone wasn't offered through any other channel in North America?

fernoca

isny said:
Did I miss someone mentioning that you now get one of the Japanese Club Nintendo SMG OST CD's when buying a new Wii holiday bundle?

Seems like a good deal if you can score a bundle for about $100, as the CD alone wasn't offered through any other channel in North America?
Yeah, it was all over the place. This bundles mark the release of the new "redesigned" Wiis, that don't use a vertical stand and don't have GameCube backward compatibility. In the US tit includes New Super Mario Bros. Wii and the CD-soundtrack; along a black unit/accessories.

isny

napkin dispenser
fernoca said:
Yeah, it was all over the place. This bundles mark the release of the new "redesigned" Wiis, that don't use a vertical stand and don't have GameCube backward compatibility. In the US tit includes New Super Mario Bros. Wii and the CD-soundtrack; along a black unit/accessories.

That's what happens when I leave the country and ignore GAF for a few weeks, lol.

Too bad it's with the non GC playing Wii's or else it would be a pretty sweet deal. At the very least, it means Nintendo is willing to release back catalog items like that OST, even if only for bundles like this.

fernoca

isny said:
That's what happens when I leave the country and ignore GAF for a few weeks, lol.

Too bad it's with the non GC playing Wii's or else it would be a pretty sweet deal. At the very least, it means Nintendo is willing to release back catalog items like that OST, even if only for bundles like this.
Hehe, I'd love to leave the country for a few weeks. :p ... :(

But yeah, guess something's better than nothing; I do hope they don't decide to release the SNES controller this way. :p

fernoca

Roto13 said:
That bundle is such a ripoff, though. The same price as a superior Wii without even an included nunchuck.
It includes a nunchuck. :p
Technically is the same, except no "GameCube stuff". Same shape, etc.

KqMXc.png

FVnom.png

Yen

RetroGreg said:
Any word on when we get the GBA games now?
Nope, but you had to link your 3DS to your Club Nintendo account by 27th Oct. to get the CN stars/coins whenever the games are realeased.

Clipper

Roto13 said:
In retrospect, they might have just been talking about the NES games.
Nah, we know that the NES games weren't added retrospectively if you linked after they released. I doubt they'd put the message up if it was a case of you had to e-mail them too. I think it's more that they thought they might release last week, but now they've delayed them, probably so they can coincide with the StreetPass firmware update.

Clipper

Roto13 said:
We know that? I was actually wondering about that. Well then.
I'm not 100% certain, but I think we do. I'm pretty sure I remember someone in this thread who hadn't linked yet before the NES games released. I guess I could perhaps check back in the thread to make sure, but it's so tedious trying to find anything without the proper search tools activated.

Just got Kirby Return to Dream Land today. What is/was the deadline for the 10 bonus coins? Cause if it's already over I might as well not register it yet.

DDayton

Allan Holdsworth said:
Just got Kirby Return to Dream Land today. What is/was the deadline for the 10 bonus coins? Cause if it's already over I might as well not register it yet.

As far as we are aware...

"Early Registration 10 coins - Register a disk/cartridge game within 30 days of release to receive this bonus."

If anyone has any evidence that that isn't true, let me know and I'll update the spreadsheet.

DavidDayton said:

"Early Registration 10 coins - Register a disk/cartridge game within 30 days of release to receive this bonus."

If anyone has any evidence that that isn't true, let me know and I'll update the spreadsheet.

Are we allowed to update the spreadsheet? Last time I saw it there were a few rewards listed that are no longer available.

DavidDayton said:

True, though I vaguely remember some game(s) having less than 30 days (in the "Club Nintendo News" column). Could easily be wrong though.

Anyway, registered it and got the extra 10 coins, so all is good.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Sinthetic said:
Was supposed to be by the end of the year, December. There is still time even though it's cutting it fine now.
Nintendo is waiting for Christmas. They want all the little boys and girls to wake up Christmas morning to a surprise!

DDayton

AbsoluteZero said:
Are we allowed to update the spreadsheet? Last time I saw it there were a few rewards listed that are no longer available.

Which ones? Right now Clipper and I are the only ones with editing access, so it would be easier to just let us know for small changes.

Edit: I just checked the spreadsheet -- there are 33 items listed as available, and 33 items listed on the Club Nintendo website. All "dead"/inactive items are marked in the "Extinct" column... perhaps I could make that more clear?

Sinthetic

Fuzzy said:
Nintendo is waiting for Christmas. They want all the little boys and girls to wake up Christmas morning to a surprise!

Hell, I'm not even little anymore, but I'll take that present any day! ;P

Teknoman

Roto13 said:
Yes, but we're not telling you because we're all dicks.

:(

Sinthetic said:
Was supposed to be by the end of the year, December. There is still time even though it's cutting it fine now.

Cool, just hope they make some good decisions about the second half of the GBA list.

DavidDayton said:
Which ones? Right now Clipper and I are the only ones with editing access, so it would be easier to just let us know for small changes.

Edit: I just checked the spreadsheet -- there are 33 items listed as available, and 33 items listed on the Club Nintendo website. All "dead"/inactive items are marked in the "Extinct" column... perhaps I could make that more clear?

I'll double-check when I get home, but I could have sworn there was something listed there that was no longer on the rewards page.

Edit: Let me ask this, anyway: Any way you can group all the "extinct" items together?

DDayton

AbsoluteZero said:
I'll double-check when I get home, but I could have sworn there was something listed there that was no longer on the rewards page.

Edit: Let me ask this, anyway: Any way you can group all the "extinct" items together?

That's possible. I didn't notice anything when I checked, but I could have missed it...

Alright, just ordered the tote bag, shoelaces, donkey kong poster set and red/gray pouch.

The Donkey Kong classic arcade poster will be replacing one of my Zelda posters so I'll have one of each series up...I need to try to move all the posters to one tube when I get the chance.

DDayton

Okay, I made an interesting discovery yesterday...

Back in August, I picked up the Nintendo Selects version of Wii Sports and Mario Super Sluggers. I had already registered the standard Sluggers on Club Nintendo, was was curious as to whether or not the Nintendo Selects titles would qualify as "new" games for additional points, or not.

Both Wii Sports and Sluggers registered as new titles, giving me 50 coins and a 10 coin post play survey later. All is well!

Last night, I tried to enter a Nintendo Selects Super Paper Mario code (with the standard SPM already registered on my account)... this time I got an error -- "This title is already registered." When I finally got it entered on the child account, the survey was -- different. This survey asked me to identify whether it was the standard release or the Nintendo Selects release (using box art images).

My assumption is that only the FIRST wave of Nintendo Selects (Animal Crossing, Mario Super Sluggers, Twilight Princess, and Wii Sports) qualify as new/unique titles (and even appear in your registered game list with Nintendo Selects after their name in parantheses), while the second wave (Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario) and any future ones simply register as the original title.

The long and the short of it is that aside from the earliest batch of games, Nintendo Selects titles can no longer be registered if you already have the original version registered.

Can anyone else confirm this? We just need to establish if the following is true:

* Wave 1 - Register as new/unique titles: Animal Crossing, Mario Super Sluggers, Twilight Princess, and Wii Sports

* Wave 2 - Register AS the original release: Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario

DDayton

Oh, I almost forgot...

Has anyone gotten Early Registration bonuses for the Nintendo Selects titles? I never registered any until far after the 30 day release. Could folks check their accounts and see if you got a 10 coin bonus for

1) Registering the first wave before June 15, 2011
2) Registering the second wave before September 28, 2011

Thanks!

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I almost forgot...

Has anyone gotten Early Registration bonuses for the Nintendo Selects titles? I never registered any until far after the 30 day release. Could folks check their accounts and see if you got a 10 coin bonus for

1) Registering the first wave before June 15, 2011
2) Registering the second wave before September 28, 2011

Thanks!

Were Super Paper Mario and Mario Strikers in the first or second wave? For some reason I want to say first and second respectively.

DDayton

Were Super Paper Mario and Mario Strikers in the first or second wave? For some reason I want to say first and second respectively.

* Wave 1: Animal Crossing, Mario Super Sluggers, Twilight Princess, and Wii Sports

* Wave 2: Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
* Wave 1: Animal Crossing, Mario Super Sluggers, Twilight Princess, and Wii Sports

* Wave 2: Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario

Then no they don't get the early registration bonus if the cutoff date for wave two was September 28th.

EDIT: Please tell me you edited your previous post and I'm not blind for asking my first question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom