• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Then no they don't get the early registration bonus if the cutoff date for wave two was September 28th.

EDIT: Please tell me you edited your previous post and I'm not blind for asking my first question!

Yep, edited -- I thought I added a comment about it, but I guess I didn't.

I am asking if anyone here DID get an early reg bonus for either one. I can't check it myself as I never registered anything within 30 days -- the question is whether or not Nintendo Selects titles qualify for early registration bonuses at all.

It's even possible the first wave did, but the second didn't -- especially if they are registering as the "original" games now.

Has anyone gotten a 10 coin "early reg" bonus for Nintendo Selects titles?

Clipper

Yep, edited -- I thought I added a comment about it, but I guess I didn't.

I am asking if anyone here DID get an early reg bonus for either one. I can't check it myself as I never registered anything within 30 days -- the question is whether or not Nintendo Selects titles qualify for early registration bonuses at all.

It's even possible the first wave did, but the second didn't -- especially if they are registering as the "original" games now.

Has anyone gotten a 10 coin "early reg" bonus for Nintendo Selects titles?

I think you missed something there. It seems pretty certain from Jive Turkey's post that the second wave didn't get them. We only need to know about the first wave now...

Edit: Thank you Google. First wave did qualify.

387300_2681599203783_1370419557_2970405_1459111116_n.jpg

Woot, thanks for the freebies, Nintendo.

Shoelaces, DK Posters, and Platinum Reward still on route before the end of the year.

Edit: I guess thats what I get for leaving the reply box open for an hour, still let me promote the Euro thread nobody bothers with.
Is the Platinum status something you can only get in the US? I am wondering if we get anything like that in the UK?
No Japan get elite membership bonus too. Meanwhile in Europe we can buy the platinum prizes for a mere 7000 stars you have to earn in 24 months (what was that now, 1200 coins or something stupid like that...but its fine we get a SNES controller...if we can manage). We have a European thread here

It's so moronic that product registration surveys hang around for only 7 days on eShop purchases. I've missed almost all of 'em because I login to Club Nintendo maybe once a month.

Clipper

It's so moronic that product registration surveys hang around for only 7 days on eShop purchases. I've missed almost all of 'em because I login to Club Nintendo maybe once a month.

I guess you can blame those of us that were gaming the system by hoarding surveys (I still have a bunch of these hoarded myself in case of a rainy day). It's the only reason I can think of why they would change the five year expiry periods to the current 1 week reg/120 days post-play setup.

The surveys do usually appear pretty quickly, so if you can remember to log in a day after your purchase (and even a few minutes is enough sometimes), yo won't miss any.

DDayton

I guess you can blame those of us that were gaming the system by hoarding surveys (I still have a bunch of these hoarded myself in case of a rainy day). It's the only reason I can think of why they would change the five year expiry periods to the current 1 week reg/120 days post-play setup.

(stares at his pile of titles with "must finish survey by 2014" dates)

Clipper

My current guess is for November 30 (possibly 29th in US). That date has been announced in a commercial for the European update (StreetPass etc.) and I think they'll drop the GBA games at the same time.

I'm getting really bored of generic Mario 1 sprites being dumped onto rewards in the most uninteresting way possible. At least collage them interestingly, similar to how the Sensu fans subtly put Blooper into the design. Not just a shirt with some sprites standing around labeled "Mario," "Peach," etc.

Just picked up WWE All Stars for 3DS and it came with a Club Nintendo registration code. Is this the first 3rd party game to come with one?

DDayton

Just picked up WWE All Stars for 3DS and it came with a Club Nintendo registration code. Is this the first 3rd party game to come with one?
All 3DS titles come with them.
3rd Party titles get to opt-in. Cave Story didn't have one.

In EUROPE, some third party titles are part of Club Nintendo.

In North America, this is not the case -- only Nintendo published titles come with Club Nintendo codes.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
In EUROPE, some third party titles are part of Club Nintendo.

In North America, this is not the case -- only Nintendo published titles come with Club Nintendo codes.

Sonic Generations will come with a Club Nintendo code in North America. I guess it will be the first?

Qted6.png

Clipper

Sonic Generations will come with a Club Nintendo code in North America. I guess it will be the first?

Qted6.png

Oh man, that is not good news for managing the spreadsheet...

And it also begs the question... El Pascado, which region did you buy WWE from?

Edit: Although now that I see that WWE isn't going to release in Europe for a few more days, I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

OK, so how are we going to find these out now?

Edit 2: OK, so both these games released on November 22. Has anybody received any Club Nintendo codes on games that released prior to this? Are there other games that release yesterday (I guess it is still today for the States)?

Clipper

Sorry for double post, but I think this is important enough to deserve it.

Did anybody buy the US version of any of the following games?

3DS:
  • Shinobi
  • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
  • Need for Speed: The Run
  • Cooking Mama 4
  • Imagine Fashion Designer
  • DreamWorks Super Star Kartz
Wii:
  • WWE '12
  • Karaoke Revolution Glee: Volume 3 (bundled/unbundled)
  • Power Rangers Samurai
  • Jimmie Johnson's Anything with an Engine
  • Get Up and Dance
  • Fishing Resort (bundled/unbundled)
DS:
  • Power Rangers Samurai
  • Tsumiki: Block Drop Mania
If you bought any of those, please let us know if they have a Club Nintendo code or not.

I think those are all the 3DS games that launched on the 15th and all the Wii and DS games that launched on the 22nd.

It might also be interesting to know if anyone plans on getting Carnival Games: Wild West 3D, Resident Evil: Archives Volume II, Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, Jaws: Ultimate Predator or Ragnarok DS as the next few third party games to release...

DDayton

Folks with third party titles...

1) Tell us if you get Early Registration bonuses.
2) Please, report -any- titles with Club Nintendo codes. I have no idea how we're going to keep track of this now...

Esiquio

Sadly, no code for Cave Story 3D.

Also, is this accurate:

http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/8344

Basically, I want to combine my brother and mines 3DS's registration coins. I created a family account...so I have to reigster mine under my account (Family Administrator), and then log out, log in as him, and register that 3DS. That way we will each get 160 coins, combining for 240 right away. Is this correct?

donny2112

Basically, I want to combine my brother and mines 3DS's registration coins. I created a family account...so I have to reigster mine under my account (Family Administrator), and then log out, log in as him, and register that 3DS. That way we will each get 160 coins, combining for 240 right away. Is this correct?

Will it combine? Should. Will it combine to 240? No. :p

Clipper

I checked my boxes and can confirm that Cave Story 3D and Shinobi do not come with Club Nintendo codes.
Thanks.

I grabbed James Noir (which just came out a week or so ago). It does not have a code.
It's a little older than that. It came out on the 1st according to Amazon.

Sadly, no code for Cave Story 3D.

Also, is this accurate:

http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/8344

You get 160 coins each, so 320 all up. I think you do get combined coins for hardware on family accounts, but I'm not 100% sure... It's in the FAQ so I'll go check and edit the real answer in. FAQ is confusing as it actually states that family accounts won't allow you to get two sets of coins for games, but we know that does work. However, it doesn't state that restriction for systems, so it should work.

I'll check Ace Combat when I get home but I don't recall seeing a Club Nintendo code.
Thanks. Seems confirmed that the 3DS games from the 15th didn't have codes. Now we just need to see if the Wii or DS games from the 22nd got codes or not...

Edit: I got information from the Fishing Resort thread that indicates it doesn't have codes and that a representative of XSeed marketing has never even heard of the system. It's either restricted by system (3DS-only) or by publisher (which would suck for managing the spreadsheet). XSeed's comment makes me think it's publisher restricted, which is a pity.

Esiquio

I'm about to call Nintendo about the link to the eShop issue...I bought Link's Awakening and did not receive any coins for it...I wonder if that is correct? Only the 10 coin post-play survey is available for that, and supposedly download games have a very short window for that or something? Clarification please?

Boogiepop

...Did not know this. I mean, I don't think it lost me MUCH, but damn. I usually just do these things in chunks. Ugh.

Clipper

I'm about to call Nintendo about the link to the eShop issue...I bought Link's Awakening and did not receive any coins for it...I wonder if that is correct? Only the 10 coin post-play survey is available for that, and supposedly download games have a very short window for that or something? Clarification please?

VC games only qualify for post play coins, so it sounds like you got all the surveys you were meant to.

3DS Classics and 3DSWare games have registration surveys as well that can only be filled out for a week after you buy them.

Esiquio

VC games only qualify for post play coins, so it sounds like you got all the surveys you were meant to.

3DS Classics and 3DSWare games have registration surveys as well that can only be filled out for a week after you buy them.

Hmm, okay. I just called two different people at Nintendo's support number and confused the hell out of them. I simply asked if I get points for just buying 3DS eShop games, or if I only get points from surveys. She did not understand my question even after asking two supervisors. Sad. Best hold music ever, though, a bunch of Ocarina of Time songs.

I also asked the question about using a family account to register two 3DS's and getting coins for each. I was told I could register them no problem but she was unsure if I would get coins for each. I'm probably going to have to send an e-mail to get a better answer, we'll see. I find that GAF is a much better resource for questions like that, but no one in this thread has that 100% confirmed.

Okay, I'm confused all over again....but I think I figured it out now.

From here:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/club/en/faq.jsp?menu=all&part=register_all#register_all

Why am I not getting a survey for my registered eShop downloads, DSiWare, Wii Shop Channel games, and Wii Channel downloads?
There are two types of surveys for earning Coins:

"Product Registration" surveys, which provide us with information on how you purchased the product; and "Post Play" surveys, which allow you to share your opinion of the game, channel, or application after you have used it. Because we already know where you acquired the game, channel, or application, the only survey for registered eShop downloads, DSiWare, Wii Shop Channel games, and Wii Channels are "Post Play." So that you have enough time to use the game, channel, or application before responding to the survey, please allow 7 days for the "Post Play" survey to appear in your "To-Do" list. If an eShop download, DSiWare download, Wii Shop Channel game, or Wii Channel was activated manually for you by Nintendo, it will still take about 7 days from the time we registered it for you before the survey will appear and you can earn Coins.

I think misinformation is being passed over the phone at Nintendo and in this thread. It takes seven days for it to APPEAR in your account. The information in the sidebar on the Club Nintendo page doesn't help, either. For instance:

3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure is eligible for 10-Coin Registration Survey within 7 days after download.

It makes it sound like you have seven days to take the survey to get the coins. The thing is, though, I just bought three games from the eShop, and they all say "Post Play Survey Expires 03/13/2012" on the "Home" page of my Club Nintendo account. It's NOT a Registration Survey, but maybe it varies from game to game. I bought "AiRace: Tunnel", "ARMY DEFENDER", "The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniv Ed", "Pokedex 3D" and "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX" all this past week. I have about 122 days from the purchase date of each before the Post Play Survey expires. That's good to know. Also really cool to see that two free games qualify for 10 coins a piece. That's a first as far as I know. Netflix 3DS and Nintendo Video do show up in your Club Nintendo account but do not qualify for coins.

This could be the case, as according to this page:
https://club.nintendo.com/how-it-works-coins.do it clearly says that it's 10 coins per "Downloadable Game", and in the fine-print, it says "Virtual Console and DSiWare titles qualify for Post Play Surveys only". If someone who just Bought FreakyForms or 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure could check their account, I kind of suspect that those games, as they are 3DS-specific downloadable games, would qualify for a 10 coin Registration Survey AND a 10 coin Post Play Survey.

I'd like to see some more clarification on this. I'm looking at you, DavidDayton!

Clipper

I think misinformation is being passed over the phone at Nintendo and in this thread. It takes seven days for it to APPEAR in your account. The information in the sidebar on the Club Nintendo page doesn't help, either. For instance:
It takes 7 days for the post play surveys to appear, yes. They expire 120 days after you bought them.

It makes it sound like you have seven days to take the survey to get the coins. The thing is, though, I just bought three games from the eShop, and they all say "Post Play Survey Expires 03/13/2012" on the "Home" page of my Club Nintendo account.
You didn't read what I said properly. VC games do not qualify for registration surveys. 3D Classics and 3DSWare do. Registration surveys appear very soon after you purchase and disappear 7 days later. Post play surveys appear at the 7 day point and last for 120 days. All games have the post play surveys but only the new ones that involve 3D (like the recent 3D Classics:Kirby's Adventure, have the extra registration surveys.

It's NOT a Registration Survey, but maybe it varies from game to game. I bought "AiRace: Tunnel", "ARMY DEFENDER", "The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniv Ed", "Pokedex 3D" and "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX" all this past week. I have about 122 days from the purchase date of each before the Post Play Survey expires. That's good to know. Also really cool to see that two free games qualify for 10 coins a piece. That's a first as far as I know. Netflix 3DS and Nintendo Video do show up in your Club Nintendo account but do not qualify for coins.
All the games you mention are VC games so they were only meant to have post play surveys. Netflix and Nintendo Video are special cases, being 3DS Apps. They both had registration surveys but didn't have post plays. If you had logged in within a week after downloading them, you could have 20 extra coins now. We publicised this highly in the thread.

This could be the case, as according to this page:
https://club.nintendo.com/how-it-works-coins.do it clearly says that it's 10 coins per "Downloadable Game", and in the fine-print, it says "Virtual Console and DSiWare titles qualify for Post Play Surveys only". If someone who just Bought FreakyForms or 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure could check their account, I kind of suspect that those games, as they are 3DS-specific downloadable games, would qualify for a 10 coin Registration Survey AND a 10 coin Post Play Survey.

I'd like to see some more clarification on this. I'm looking at you, DavidDayton!
What you say there is what I said before. FreakyForms is 3DSWare, Kirby is a 3D Classic. They both do get registration surveys as well as the post plays. You already got your clarification, even before asking for it.

I'm getting really bored of generic Mario 1 sprites being dumped onto rewards in the most uninteresting way possible. At least collage them interestingly, similar to how the Sensu fans subtly put Blooper into the design. Not just a shirt with some sprites standing around labeled "Mario," "Peach," etc.

I actually like the shirt and people have been giving me comments about how awesome it is. :)

jluedtke

I hope when all of you are answering post-play surveys about Virtual Console games, you answer, "EARTHBOUND!" to the question about what could make the service better.

Clipper

I hope when all of you are answering post-play surveys about Virtual Console games, you answer, "EARTHBOUND!" to the question about what could make the service better.
Unfortunately, they've already said they can't possibly do it. There's too many copyright issues regarding the music.

Busaiku

So after Mario Kart 7, I'll be 200 coins away from Game & Watch Ball.
I'm debating whether I should hold out for that or just get Game & Watch Collection 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom