• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

backlot

DavidDayton said:
Hey, for any and all DSi owners...

Did you get a post play survey for the DSi Web Browser? Could anyone check their account history and see if it was registered and if any coins were awarded for it?

Many thanks!
I also got 10 coins for the Nintendo DSi Browser.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
EvilMario said:
Yep, I see it on my account. 10 Coins awarded.
11/18/2009 Coins Added - Nintendo DSi Browser 10
backlot said:
I also got 10 coins for the Nintendo DSi Browser.

Good. I just noticed that I had assigned 10 coins to it when I gave 10 coins to ALL DSiWare, and wasn't sure if it came with it or not.

I know various DSi systems came with some programs preinstalled...

1) Are there any preinstalled channels that are EXCLUSIVE to new units (that is, they can't be purchased on the DSiWare shop)?

2) Do all preinstalled DSiWare channels get a Post Play 10 coin survey? Do you get surveys for preinstalled stuff at all?

fernoca

EvilMario said:
Slightly off topic, but this is what we use for our DS/3DS games. It was originally some sort of Digimon collector's booklet, we found in a bargain bin for a buck at Active Surplus. Workers perfectly, 12 games per page, 48 games total. It's actually just filled up now, and we'll have to find another one soon.

http://i.imgur.com/UlyMk.jpg
Oh that's nice! Any name (as I "small binder? Digimon something? :p)I can search around for a similar one?

I'm currently suing using the ones from trading-cards.

Roto13

DavidDayton said:
Good. I just noticed that I had assigned 10 coins to it when I gave 10 coins to ALL DSiWare, and wasn't sure if it came with it or not.

1) Are there any preinstalled channels that are EXCLUSIVE to new units (that is, they can't be purchased on the DSiWare shop)?

2) Do all preinstalled DSiWare channels get a Post Play 10 coin survey? Do you get surveys for preinstalled stuff at all?
I didn't get any surveys for the stuff that was pre-installed on my DSi. I couldn't transfer any of it to my 3DS, either. >_>

DDayton

Roto13 said:
I didn't get any surveys for the stuff that was pre-installed on my DSi. I couldn't transfer any of it to my 3DS, either. >_>

That's good to know -- but all preinstalled stuff has a "real" DSiWare equivalent, right? Now I need a list of all DSi variants and their preinstalled software.

DDayton

Okay, this is ... odd.

I've been adding notations next to all DSiWare that isn't available on the 3DS... and I'm starting to see an odd mismatch.

Nintendo's current tech support site at http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/gi_index.jsp lists the following as unavailable for transfer:
* Asphalt IV
* Earthworm Jim
* Flipnote Studio*
* Let's Golf
* Nintendo DSi Browser
* Oregon Trail
* Real Soccer 2009
* Real Soccer 2010
* SUDOKU MASTER
* SUDOKU SENSEI
* Sudoku Student

The real weirdness comes when comparing the above list to the 3DS eShop...

1) Earthworm Jim -is- available on the 3DS.
2) The Domo games aren't listed as being unavailable, even though they aren't on the 3DS eShop.

DavidDayton said:

1. The "Nintendo DSi + Internet" video? [code: K2DE, filename: 4B324445.bin]
2. I don't think any do; Flipnote Studio and two Brain Age variations came pre-installed but gave no coins.

Source: Midnight Blue DSi XL

Roto13

I bought Catrap nine days ago and the post play survey still isn't showing up. :( I need those ten coins dammit.

I have 690 coins. 10 for Catrap and 100 for the GBA Ambassador games would give me enough for the Game and Watch Collection. :p

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I want some more "big" prizes. Already got the two GW collections and the Ball replica handheld.
Ideally I'd like more rare DS games. Love collecting them.

M-PG71C

I only got three items off that Club Nintendo: Both Game and Watch DS titles and Game and Watch Ball. I think its time for Nintendo to put out more stuff damnit! This is of course not counting Platinum items which I've gotten every year.

Speaking of which, anyone already got Platinum? If I register one more game, I have it. Which won't be hard, I'm a damn tool for Nintendo.

Roto13

M-PG71C said:
I only got three items off that Club Nintendo: Both Game and Watch DS titles and Game and Watch Ball. I think its time for Nintendo to put out more stuff damnit! This is of course not counting Platinum items which I've gotten every year.

Speaking of which, anyone already got Platinum? If I register one more game, I have it. Which won't be hard, I'm a damn tool for Nintendo.
I'm already ten coins over Platinum.

krae_man

M-PG71C said:

I got Platinum the day this Club Nintendo year started.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
M-PG71C said:

I had more than enough surveys to be platinum the day the year started but didn't bother filling them all out.

Clipper

Roto13 said:
I bought Catrap nine days ago and the post play survey still isn't showing up. :( I need those ten coins dammit.

I have 690 coins. 10 for Catrap and 100 for the GBA Ambassador games would give me enough for the Game and Watch Collection. :p
It hasn't shown for me either. I'll e-mail Nintendo next week if it still doesn't show.

ShellyDeKiller said:
How come only Americans get coins/stars for ambassador games?
Because only the American system incorporates the post play surveys.

Clipper

Honestly, I'm surprised by this little tidbit:

If you can't decide and you have points to burn, you can select to receive a second and third bonus for 400 points each.

This would be the first time they've had that be an option in Japan. Hopefully US Club Nintendo decides to allow that too for this year.

AniHawk

Clipper said:
Honestly, I'm surprised by this little tidbit:

This would be the first time they've had that be an option in Japan. Hopefully US Club Nintendo decides to allow that too for this year.
this would be cool if it wasn't a goddamn calendar every time.

Clipper

Anybody who ordered Catrap, check your lists again to see if it is registered for you. I e-mailed Nintendo and they added it to my list, with the registration date being the date I bought the game. They also added Super Mario Land, which I've always been missing, but couldn't be bothered to tell them until now, nicely registered to the date of my question so I can fill out the survey, which would be dead by now otherwise.

Also, sorry if I got anyone's hopes up with my theories of GBA releases. They are probably still coming soon, but I now suspect they'll hit at the same time as the 3DS update that is upgrading StreetPass and stuff.

DDayton

Clipper said:
Anybody who ordered Catrap, check your lists again to see if it is registered for you. I e-mailed Nintendo and they added it to my list, with the registration date being the date I bought the game. They also added Super Mario Land, which I've always been missing, but couldn't be bothered to tell them until now, nicely registered to the date of my question so I can fill out the survey, which would be dead by now otherwise.

I assume Catrap didn't come with a reg. survey, right?

Any news on the videos? I'm still curious as to whether the three Dreamworks videos will get "postplay" surveys.

DDayton

Wario64 said:
This thread reminds me, where's my pins at? We should be getting them soon.

Remember, we'll get an update e-mail from Nintendo before/when they are shipped out -- no reason to get hopeful yet!

Roto13

Catrap is on my Earn Coins list (with no survey). I never noticed if it was there before, though. It's on my list of registered games but the date registered is October 14th, which is the day I bought it.

I emailed them about it a while ago and I got a reply saying they were looking into the issue or whatever.

Clipper

DavidDayton said:
I assume Catrap didn't come with a reg. survey, right?

Any news on the videos? I'm still curious as to whether the three Dreamworks videos will get "postplay" surveys.
Nope on Catrap registration survey, and I bought the two Shrek videos... they didn't even get added to the registered list.

Roto13 said:
Catrap is on my Earn Coins list (with no survey). I never noticed if it was there before, though. It's on my list of registered games but the date registered is October 14th, which is the day I bought it.

I emailed them about it a while ago and I got a reply saying they were looking into the issue or whatever.
I'm pretty sure they forgot to flag Catrap as 'registerable' or something. It's happened on a few VC games now. That's why I asked for others, to see if it only just showed up in their list because they got enough complaints to switch it on.

ghostmind

Wario64 said:
That's a crappy shirt.

Do they have an agreement with Walmart or something to make their offerings as shitty as possible, so they in no way will compete with the shirts you can buy in a store?

How about offering something useful? Like a 3DS game case for instance.

So I just logged into my Club account for the first time since I registered my 3DS back in March. Apologize for asking a question surely answered but how do I get my ambassador games to register for coins? I already downloaded them but their not showing up as registered or redeemed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom