• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
it might be based on the rating you gave it.

I gave Pokedex a fairly mediocre rating and didn't get the facebook thing
But for OoT3D, which I ranked a 100, I got the facebook recommend thing.

Somnid

balladofwindfishes said:
it might be based on the rating you gave it.

I gave Pokedex a fairly mediocre rating and didn't get the facebook thing
But for OoT3D, which I ranked a 100, I got the facebook recommend thing.

I don't know, I rated Donkey Kong as a 90 and CT as 95. I also got it from intend to buys for Kirby and Star Fox.

Clipper

Ondore said:
*spittake*

Where was it announced those games count, though? I don't see anything on the Club Nintendo site for it, and if that's correct I've clinched Platinum already.
It's on the FAQ site for the Ambassador program (same place that has the checker to see if you qualified):

Nintendo said:
Are the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Games Eligible for Club Nintendo Coins?

Answer:

Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors who link their Nintendo 3DS systems to their Club Nintendo account prior to downloading their games will be eligible to earn Coins for the 20 free games.

balladofwindfishes said:
so I linked my accounts but didn't get the bonus

what gives?

All my downloaded 3DS games show up just fine
How long have you waited? It sometimes takes a day or two for the bonus to be applied.

whatsinaname said:
And don't forget Zelda 4 swords.

Also, won't there be post play surveys for these games?
Oh yeah, I guess that's another 10 or 20 coins (probably 10 unless they are 3D enhancing Four Swords). The other amounts included post plays. The Ambassador games will probably only be post plays like all the other VC stuff, which is why I gave them 10 coins each.

Roto13 said:
Huh. They didn't happen when I did the Chrono Trigger survey. I guess that's new.
It is new. The new surveys include a social media link at the end. Probably depends on when you purchased to determine which survey applies.

Hello Ned,

Thanks for contacting us. Using the information in your email, I was able to locate your account and found that you actually did receive 40 coins on 8/08/11 for having linked your Nintendo eShop account with your Club Nintendo account.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reply to this email. Be sure to include your original email as well as this response if you do.

Sincerely,

Alain Dao
Nintendo of America Inc.

wut?
Err... it's not in my coins list...

balladofwindfishes said:
wut?
Err... it's not in my coins list...

I thought I didn't receive mine too, but looking closely it was there. I'm not sure if it showed up as an individual line, but when I subtracted the new balance from last year's balance, taking into account all the listed additions, there was a 40 coin difference.

Zips

Any idea on how often new rewards are put on the list?

This is the first time I've ever bothered doing this club nintendo stuff, and combining all the nintendo-published wii and DS games I have gotten over the past like 10 years, along with some 3DS stuff has put me up to 600 coins. I still have some post-play surveys that I can do in a week or so, so I'll be up to around 700 + whatever we can get from the free games.

I ask how often the items get changed around because there's basically three things on the current list that interest me:

1) The Blooper fan
2) The wii remote container (which I'd just use for whatever)
3) The messenger bag

Part of me wants to just grab that stuff now, but part of me wants to wait and hope that more interesting things pop up. I have no idea how often things get changed around on the list of rewards though.

425kid

When are the post-play survey suppose to show up?

I registered Netflix on Aug. 9th and Nintendo Video on July 26th.
Got the 10 coins each for the product registration survey,
but the post play survey still haven't show up.
I heard the post play survey expire after 120 days,
so I didn't miss it.
What's going on?

Not sure I like this 7 day survey policy thing. Just lost 20 (40?) coins for Netflix 3DS and Nintendo Video because I downloaded them 3 weeks ago and just went to do the surveys. I'm really not going to like it if things like downloaded 3DS games auto appear when I do them and I only have a short window to fill the surveys out.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
ronniehehehaha said:
When are the post-play survey suppose to show up? I registered Netflix on Aug. 9th and Nintendo Video on July 26th.Got the 10 coins each for the product registration survey, but the post play survey still haven't show up. I heard the post play survey expire after 120 days, so I didn't miss it. What's going on?

I didn't get a Nintendo Video nor a Netflix post-play survey. My assumption is that non-game downloads don't have "post-play" surveys, although I could be wrong and somehow I missed them.

Clipper

ronniehehehaha said:
When are the post-play survey suppose to show up?

I registered Netflix on Aug. 9th and Nintendo Video on July 26th.
Got the 10 coins each for the product registration survey,
but the post play survey still haven't show up.
I heard the post play survey expire after 120 days,
so I didn't miss it.
What's going on?
They do expire after 120 days. Hmm, they never activated for me as well. Perhaps they don't have them... Has anybody got post-play surveys for these apps?

Bending_Unit_22 said:
Not sure I like this 7 day survey policy thing. Just lost 20 (40?) coins for Netflix 3DS and Nintendo Video because I downloaded them 3 weeks ago and just went to do the surveys. I'm really not going to like it if things like downloaded 3DS games auto appear when I do them and I only have a short window to fill the surveys out.
All 3DS Classics and 3DSWare titles have the 7 day registration surveys. Just head onto the site a few minutes after your download and they'll probably be there for you to do. All of mine have shown up within a day of download, and most of the time they are available within minutes.

DDayton

Clipper said:
They do expire after 120 days. Hmm, they never activated for me as well. Perhaps they don't have them... Has anybody got post-play surveys for these apps?

All 3DS Classics and 3DSWare titles have the 7-days to register surveys. Just head onto the site a few minutes after your purchase and they'll probably be there for you to do. All of mine have shown up within a day of download, and most of the time they are available within minutes.

I really need to update the massive spreadsheet of Club Nintendo Coins...and add it to Google Docs.

Poyunch

You could have gotten 10 coins for Netflix. You had to have filled out the survey within a week of registration. That means you had a week from the download date and after that the survey is gone. Not sure about Nintendo Video but I bet it's the same thing.

Clipper said:
All 3DS Classics and 3DSWare titles have the 7 day registration surveys. Just head onto the site a few minutes after your download and they'll probably be there for you to do. All of mine have shown up within a day of download, and most of the time they are available within minutes.
I figured as much, still don't care for it. Some sort of Club Nintendo link on the 3DS eShop would be nice, since it's a registration survey.

Clipper

PounchEnvy said:
You could have gotten 10 coins for Netflix. You had to have filled out the survey within a week of registration. That means you had a week from the download date and after that the survey is gone. Not sure about Nintendo Video but I bet it's the same thing.
Yes, it is the same thing. The question we are asking is about post-play coins, though. It seems to us that the apps don't qualify for those, unlike the 3DSWare games we have gotten so far, which have both registration and post-play coins available.

DDayton

Clipper said:
I'm happy to help, once you start sharing it.
Bwahahahaha... I'll bug you in a PM shortly.

Quick reminder -- for 3DS downloads, what's the general status at this point? VC gets 10 coins post play, 3DS "Games" get 10 reg, 10 postplay, and 3DS "apps" (Nintendo Video, Netflix) get 10 reg, 0 postplay?

Poyunch

Clipper said:
Yes, it is the same thing. The question we are asking is about post-play coins, though. It seems to us that the apps don't qualify for those, unlike the 3DSWare games we have gotten so far, which have both registration and post-play coins available.
Oh. Yeah probably.

bumpkin

Hmm, so the week of the 15th came and went... Did anyone see or get anything as far as the ambassador program goes? I thought Nintendo said there would be some sort of sign-up or enrollment (other than linking your 3DS and CN account).

Clipper

We need some help to collate some data on the various bonus surveys CN has done through the years. Could people please check their lists and see if they have anything beyond the following:

3DS HW Registrant Bonus Survey 30
Netflix 20
Bonus Survey 10
DS Lite Survey 10
Wii Registrant Thank You Survey 20
Member Satisfaction Survey 10
Wii Holiday Survey 10
DS Holiday Survey 10

I myself have:

Thank you for being a member of Club Nintendo 30
Bonus Survey 20

from '09-'10

Could others confirm if they have mine or any others not listed? Check your My Coins page to find them. I think I remember there being DS and DSi counterparts to the Wii Registrant survey, so some of you must have those.

DDayton

Did anyone purchase a Wii system after 2010 and receive Club Nintendo coins with their registration?

If so, could you tell us how the coins are assigned in your account?

WII HARDWARE -- 160 COINS

or

WII SPORTS/WII SPORTS RESORT -- 160 COINS

WEGGLES

Fuzzy said:
Yeah. It was announce at E3. DSi and 3DS users can download it once it's released.
OH wow.

Does it have online play? Or local only?

Damn, how did I miss this? (I guess not having a 3DS during e3 made me kinda snooze on nintendo news.)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
WEGGLES said:
OH wow.

Does it have online play? Or local only?

Damn, how did I miss this? (I guess not having a 3DS during e3 made me kinda snooze on nintendo news.)
I'm pretty sure there's no online play.

DDayton

Fun tidbits from the Club Nintendo Coin Database (work in progress)

Maximum Number of Coins Possible: 16,100

Coins Required to Purchase -all- Goods: 15,220 (16,910 if you want all variations)

Average Cost per Coin: $.76-$.82

Most Expensive Coins: Wii Virtual Console, at $2.07 per coin.

Least Expensive Coins: 3DS Virtual Console, at $0.36 per coin. (Although the average for non-VC 3DS downloads is about $.20 per coin.)

Total Cost for All Rewards: $11,567.20 (15,220 x $.76)

Note that some of these values may be slightly off, as I still need to adjust some game prices, add in the coins from hardware bundles, etc.

Edit: Incorrect calculations for coin costs, as I was adding in the cost of ALL Virtual Console titles, not just the ones with coin values. Updates coming soon.

So I had issues with my Zelda CD, in that it never arrived and emailed Nintendo about it. They responded and told me to call. When I called, after telling them my story about moving and all that, they told me it had to be dealt with a higher up agent, who eventually called 2 days later. Apperently, supplies are extremely limited she said and wanted to confirm my story, before sending me a new one via ups air with a tracking number on it. This is serious business. During our conversation, she also mentioned the elite rewards coming in October. Was this known?

I think it's pretty BS that the registration surveys for 3DS/VC titles expire so quickly. 7 days isn't long enough. I often forget that Club Nintendo even exists for stretches of time.

425kid

Thanks everyone, so I was not the only one not getting post-play for the video apps.
So Netflix 3DS only have 10 coins then.

Clipper

Gamer @ Heart said:
So I had issues with my Zelda CD, in that it never arrived and emailed Nintendo about it. They responded and told me to call. When I called, after telling them my story about moving and all that, they told me it had to be dealt with a higher up agent, who eventually called 2 days later. Apperently, supplies are extremely limited she said and wanted to confirm my story, before sending me a new one via ups air with a tracking number on it. This is serious business. During our conversation, she also mentioned the elite rewards coming in October. Was this known?
Mine never came either and I've been delaying my call as I'm in Australia and it's really hard to call while they're open. Hopefully I have as much luck as you.

The date of shipment for the elite rewards was unknown to us. Thanks. I would have expected early November.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
AbsoluteZero said:
I think it's pretty BS that the registration surveys for 3DS/VC titles expire so quickly. 7 days isn't long enough. I often forget that Club Nintendo even exists for stretches of time.
I agree.
Missed out on the Netflix survery because of this.

Clipper

Come on guys, would some of you please help us with checking against our list of compiled bonus surveys?

So far we have:

3DS HW Registrant Bonus Survey (5/2011) 30
Thank You for Being a Member of Club Nintendo (12/2009) 30
Bonus Survey (05/2010) 20
DS Lite Survey (05/2010) 10
Wii Registrant Thank You Survey (05/2010) 20
Member Satisfaction Survey (11/2010) 10
Wii Holiday Survey (11/2010) 10
DS Holiday Survey (11/2010) 10

But we know there were at least a few more (I'm pretty sure I remember DS and DSi or DS XL surveys to accompany the Wii Registrant one). Please just check the lists in your My Coins page to see if you have any others than these surveys and bonuses listed, and let us know the name of the survey, date you did them and coin value if so.

Poyunch

You know what would be great? Having a Club Nintendo notification pop up on your Wii U controller when a survey is close to expiring.

PounchEnvy said:
You know what would be great? Having a Club Nintendo notification pop up on your Wii U controller when a survey is close to expiring.
Too far away and unlikely. A text alert though seems more than reasonable in this day and age though

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Gamer @ Heart said:
Too far away and unlikely. A text alert though seems more than reasonable in this day and age though
Nintendo should email us whenever there's a change (new ItB, registration survey, post-play survey, etc) on the Club Nintendo site at the very least.

jgkspsx

PounchEnvy said:
Thanks for the reminder! Almost let my Xevious 3D registration survey go to waste.

donny2112

Clipper said:
Come on guys, would some of you please help us with checking against our list of compiled bonus surveys?

I have all the ones you do minus the 3DS one, since 1) haven't registered 3DS and 2) didn't get it near launch. I have a DSi, but it's not registered, yet, so that may be why there's no DSi survey for me.

Clipper

donny2112 said:
I have all the ones you do minus the 3DS one, since 1) haven't registered 3DS and 2) didn't get it near launch. I have a DSi, but it's not registered, yet, so that may be why there's no DSi survey for me.
You also would have needed to be randomly selected to receive the survey like I was (I think that one is quite rare). And yes, only people with registered systems would have gotten those surveys.

Thanks for the info.

omgkitty

Was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way I could get a hold of a SNES Wii controller from either Japan or the UK for a reasonable price? It's so dumb the US Club Nintendo store doesn't have it. I am even willing to trade something in the US Club Nintendo store for it. I really want one and have about 800 points currently. If someone could help me out, that would be awesome!

DDayton

omgkitty said:
Was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way I could get a hold of a SNES Wii controller from either Japan or the UK for a reasonable price? It's so dumb the US Club Nintendo store doesn't have it. I am even willing to trade something in the US Club Nintendo store for it. I really want one and have about 800 points currently. If someone could help me out, that would be awesome!

I'd love one too, actually -- how many Euro points does it go for? I'd gladly swap my Euro Club Nintendo codes (2-3 of them) plus some USA ones towards it, if any Euro gaffers were intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom