• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
Seems there's no way to find out how long you have to do surveys anymore. The year is gone, only the date is shown.

HOLY FUCK!!!! SOMETHING I CAN ACTUALLY BUY WITH MY US CN COINS!!!

Edit: NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it's down!!! What games are available? I MUST KNOW!!!

isny

napkin dispenser
since the games come with their own surveys, they're effectively cheaper than the listed prices, no?

Yup.

Still pissed about the survey/registration dates not showing anymore. Guess this was done so that people will stop sitting on them =/

HOLY FUCK!!!! SOMETHING I CAN ACTUALLY BUY WITH MY US CN COINS!!!

Edit: NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it's down!!! What games are available? I MUST KNOW!!!

See my post from the previous page which I've quoted below.

"Featured Games

New! For a limited time only, use your Coins to get these downloadable games. Club Nintendo chooses great games based on member feedback, and will announce a new surprise selection each month."

Xevious 3D Classic, Super Mario Kart, Fluidity, Mario VS DK Mini's March Again

Mario VS DK Mini's March Again

Damn, that's the only one I don't have!

I'll gladly take it though :D I'm drowning in US Coins that I can't spend, because I live in the UK! (US Wii/DSi, UK 3DS)

Here's hoping that the UK CN follows suit (the Wii points card prices on the UK CN site are ludicrous!)

So the only games you can redeem coins for are Super Mario Kart, Fluidity, Xevious and Mario vs DK? That's kind of lame, I only have Fluidity but I'm not really interested in the other 3. Hopefully they add more games to the program.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So the only games you can redeem coins for are Super Mario Kart, Fluidity, Xevious and Mario vs DK? That's kind of lame, I only have Fluidity but I'm not really interested in the other 3. Hopefully they add more games to the program.

It's apparently a different selection every month.

Desperate Nintendo. Best Nintendo.

Chairhome

My jaw literally dropped. Gonna get that sweet poster set and check out those games. As much as I love Mario Kart, I probably wouldn't ever play it on VC.

Izayoi

Banned
Why is the site still not up?

I even went and watched a movie instead of going to bed and it's still down.

You're really busting my balls here, Nintendo. :(

Thinking the Phantom Hourglass poster will be replaced with one of the Skyward Sword ones soon. Thought I'd share with the Donkey Kong Poster up.

6VbyE.jpg

I really need to invest in some new frames...the cheapie ones I'm getting from Wal-Mart are okay, but they're not very tight, so the posters tend to look wrinkled in the frames.

I approve of this. But I'd rather spend my coins on stuff I can't easily pay a few bucks for.

Agreed. I'd rather my coins go towards things I can't purchase.

I got two of the platinum pin sets for some reason. I listed them for sale/trade in the buy/sell/trade thread, if anyone is interested.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm really surprised people like the posters so much.
They're almost the last thing I'd ever claim out of all the rewards.

I've got most of the cool stuff already though, but at least there's monthly games now to spend coins on.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Is Mario Kart for Wii VC or 3DS VC?

The image clearly says Wii...

I'll update the spreadsheet later today after I get back from work. What I'm most curious about is this "the Club Nintendo page no longer shows expiration dates" thing...

I'm really surprised people like the posters so much.
They're almost the last thing I'd ever claim out of all the rewards.

They're such high quality prints, though.

The Classic Donkey Kong in particular is impressive. The background itself has a matte finish but all the actual game graphics are printed in sort of a shiny vinyl so they pop so much more off the background.

isny

napkin dispenser
The image clearly says Wii...

I'll update the spreadsheet later today after I get back from work. What I'm most curious about is this "the Club Nintendo page no longer shows expiration dates" thing...

Yes, this really sucks.

I actually went into my profile yesterday and did all of the surveys expiring in the next few months.

The only positive is it still gives you the expiry month, so anything showing June/July or later should be fine to sit on until the next Club Nintendo year starts. Anything showing March, April, etc. I think ima just do to not lose out on now =/

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The only positive is it still gives you the expiry month, so anything showing June/July or later should be fine to sit on until the next Club Nintendo year starts.

Well, given that fact that the Club Nintendo website is currently down, it's possible that the "only showing month and not year" bit is a glitch that wasn't intended by NOA. Perhaps that's being changed...

bluehat9

Thinking the Phantom Hourglass poster will be replaced with one of the Skyward Sword ones soon. Thought I'd share with the Donkey Kong Poster up.

http://i.imgur.com/6VbyE.jpg

I really need to invest in some new frames...the cheapie ones I'm getting from Wal-Mart are okay, but they're not very tight, so the posters tend to look wrinkled in the frames.

Agreed. I'd rather my coins go towards things I can't purchase.

I was using that same Mario poster from that set on my wall. Ordered the big AR card last month before the price went up though and since it didn't work too well with the 3DS, I put that in the frame now.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
They're such high quality prints, though.

The Classic Donkey Kong in particular is impressive. The background itself has a matte finish but all the actual game graphics are printed in sort of a shiny vinyl so they pop so much more off the background.

Hmm, that I didn't know. I thought it was the average stock poster print.
Well that might be worthwhile then. I like the ones with the old sprites and classic artwork.

joedick

Site is back up for me. It's the old-style site, makes no mention of the games. They are in the rewards section though.

Fluidity and DK are 150 coins each, the other two are 100.

Davey Cakes

I'm tempted to snag Mario Kart, but since these games will be up until January 10th, I'm going to wait it out and see if any more games pop up within that time frame. I'm especially interested in any additional 3D classics or eShop games in general.

zigg

Seems there's no way to find out how long you have to do surveys anymore. The year is gone, only the date is shown.
Really? Fuck. I have a ton stored. I know they hate that, but I wouldn't have done it if I could have rolled over status coins.

I'm new to this, sp forgive me if my questions are dumb.

I signed up this week and now have 640 points. If I spend them do I still get the platinum reward?

Is it possible to register more than one wii or 3ds on my account?

I signed up this week and now have 640 points. If I spend them do I still get the platinum reward?

You can spend your points and still get the platinum awards.
You can register multiple consoles if you have a family account.

Davey Cakes

Once you hit 600 points, you have platinum status. You don't have to maintain the point threshold, you just have to reach it one time.

SmithnCo

Yeah, status is based on coins earned, not coins spent. You can also register multiples of the same game with a family account.

Club Nintendo is down for me, I wanted to check out those sweet looking Zelda posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom