• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope they didnt decide to cancel it or something. It was the first thing they've done right with Club Nintendo in a long while. First was Doc Luis's Punch-Out!!... shouldve still been offered as DLC though.

MooMoo

Just to (re?)confirm, you DO get coins for the games you buy with coins. Managed to grab Xevious during the short time it was up and I just finished the product registration survey.

Cactus

Banned
I really hope they didnt decide to cancel it or something. It was the first thing they've done right with Club Nintendo in a long while. First was Doc Luis's Punch-Out!!... shouldve still been offered as DLC though.

Considering they added the ability to input codes to the eShop, I doubt they'd just abruptly cancel the whole idea.

BooJoh

Maybe they were just having technical difficulties and decided to put the old version back up while they work it out, rather than have a maintenance page for another day.

backlot

Maybe they were just having technical difficulties and decided to put the old version back up while they work it out, rather than have a maintenance page for another day.

I hope that's it. It's a really great idea and I'd hate to see it not implemented.

I know it will probably come back up but I'm still worried cause from the moment I saw this I thought it was too good to be true. Nintendo doing something right with DD games?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Huh, I just registered the other day, and filled out the initial survey, and in the "what systems do you own" question, they forgot the Wii. They had the 360, PSP and PS3, but no Wii. I wonder if that means anything.

Gravijah

Huh, I just registered the other day, and filled out the initial survey, and in the "what systems do you own" question, they forgot the Wii. They had the 360, PSP and PS3, but no Wii. I wonder if that means anything.

huh, maybe this confirms a new console after the wii.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
My, my... what has NOA been up to?

j0EFWl.png

http://i.imgur.com/j0EFW.png

(... courtesy of Clipper's investigative skills)

I don't think I will be able to hit platinum this year. I will have to get virtual console games or old wii ones to make up the difference. I just hope the gift isn't as crappy as the pins this year.

Clipper

In addition to the Donkey Kong notebook, there was also a Boo notebook that I unfortunately didn't get a picture of (David still had the Donkey Kong one in his cache thankfully).

Boo notebook was Blue (kind of Indigo actually) background and had the text "Boo... I'm a Ghost".

It would have allowed me to purchase at the time. I did not see the Wario image you see in the pic above when I visited. The pages were gone 1 minute after I visited, so it seems Nintendo was detecting our sneaky searching.

Clipper

Stop posting links, guys. It's clear Nintendo will take them down immediately after you post them. We already have three confirmations of this (the new posters, the Donkey Kong notebook and the Boo notebook). They will go back up when Nintendo wants them to be available. Just wait, or we may lose them entirely.

Man, I like one poster out of each poster set, hate the rest. So I don't want to waste 400 points on a set that I'll just use one poster from.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Stop posting links, guys. It's clear Nintendo will take them down immediately after you post them. We already have three confirmations of this (the new posters, the Donkey Kong notebook and the Boo notebook). They will go back up when Nintendo wants them to be available. Just wait, or we may lose them entirely.

GUYS WHO KNOWS WHAT THESE LEAKED NOTEBOOKS WILL DO TO NINTENDO'S STOCK PRICE!!!

Clipper

OK, here we go... Found out what the filenames on Nintendo's site were through my cache and copied the images over to Photobucket to keep them safe. Soon we shall get to spend coins on:
notebook_boo_1.jpg
notebook_boo_2.jpg

notebook_boo_3.jpg
notebook_boo_4.jpg

notebook_dk_1.jpg
notebook_dk_2.jpg

notebook_dk_3.jpg
notebook_dk_4.jpg

dallow_bg

nods at old men

wat
Yeah, they'll punish us.

Don't make Nintendo turn this car internet around!

Kazerei

Banned
OK, here we go... Found out what the filenames on Nintendo's site were through my cache and copied the images over to Photobucket to keep them safe. Soon we shall get to spend coins on:

Graph paper? Awesome! I've been using graph paper notebooks since grade 10 or 11. Really helps keep everything aligned and organized, especially since I'm in engineering and so I scribble diagrams and equations everywhere.

How's the build quality on that messenger bag?

It's alright. Similar quality as those reusable grocery bags made of cloth (not the ones made of thick canvas or plastic).

branny

How's the build quality on that messenger bag?
Yeah, pretty much what Kazerei said.

It's about 14" wide and 13" deep with stuff in it. The material is a clothlike canvas, so it feels a bit thin. It's more comparable to a fabric grocery/library bag than something sturdy like a padded backpack. The strap is comfortable and reminiscent of a cloth belt. It appears sewn well enough that it won't break off easily at the seams, but I haven't put it through stress tests or anything. I'd say build quality is pretty decent.

There's a tiny velcro square on the inside lining of the bag's opening to keep it closed; the flap is free to move about. The star and pattern prints are similar to what you'd find on a graphic tee (the shallow, slightly rubbery-feeling kind) and don't seem like they'd randomly peel off or anything, though I'm sure eventually cracks may develop as is the case with t-shirts.

TunaLover

I'm on Club Nintendo, but the rewards section doesn't have any downloadable game, it only shows WiiWare's Grill Hand.

I want redem my coins for VC games, since they send you codes by e-mail, right? (I don't live in US or Canada, so my only delivery option is through e-mail)

HylianTom

Banned
Cool - thanks for the details! I'm holding for right now, especially if there's possibly another Zelda poster set lurking about..

Clipper

I'm on Club Nintendo, but the rewards section doesn't have any downloadable game, it only shows WiiWare's Grill Hand.

I want redem my coins for VC games, since they send you codes by e-mail, right? (I don't live in US or Canada, so my only deliver option is e-mail)

They let the cat out of the bag early, possibly by accident. You are going to need to wait a little longer. Eventually, they'll become available again. And yes, they send by e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom