• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

It looks like =P
A question, they send you VC codes by e-mail right?
Check my stealth edit ;).

And for the new page, we found these on the CN site along with product pages that were removed (images were still there at last check):
notebook_dk_1.jpg
notebook_boo_1.jpg

notebook_dk_2.jpg
notebook_boo_2.jpg

notebook_dk_3.jpg
notebook_boo_3.jpg

notebook_dk_4.jpg
notebook_boo_4.jpg

AniHawk

being able to redeem points for actual games is awesome. this is the sort of things achievement points should get you.

i like that it's not just for the wii or just for old 3ds stuff too. and the price isn't too out there.

zoukka

Sooo I've started to gather these points for the first time and have a couple of questions. Do these points reset at some point? And am I able to get any of the physical rewards for me living in Finland?

Already got 2k points from my first rummaging of shelves :b

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
For downloadable games, if you register for Club Nintendo after you buy a game from the eShop, does it register it automatically? Or does it have to be within 7 days of downloading the game?

Sooo I've started to gather these points for the first time and have a couple of questions. Do these points reset at some point? And am I able to get any of the physical rewards for me living in Finland?

If you go to the "my coins" section, it tells you when your coins expire (the coins you get this year expire in 2014), and the Gold and Platinum rankings expire every year in umm June I think.

Hey, I didn't get my bonus 10 points for Nano Assault.

Clipper

So I registered my 3DS a few days ago and it said I qualified for 160 coins, but I didn't get shit. What gives?
Go to your My Coins page to check, and if it's really not there, e-mail or call Nintendo.

I was sure I saw a third notebook, so I checked my cache.

2jPi5.jpg

Thanks. I had tried replacing the name in the url with 'peach', but I didn't try 'princess'. That yields:

notebook_princess_1.jpg
notebook_princess_2.jpg

notebook_princess_3.jpg
notebook_princess_4.jpg

Hey, I didn't get my bonus 10 points for Nano Assault.
There is no bonus 10 coins for Nano Assault. It doesn't have early reg. for some unknown reason. It appears Sonic Generations is the only third party game that did.

For getting your rewards to Finland, you could use a shipping service like HopShopGo or Shipito. I typically just use friends' addresses and get them to post on to me (I'm in Australia).

isny

napkin dispenser
So the website is back up, but the new rewards aren't available? Pretty lame. Grats to those who got the posters yesterday morning.

Guess I'll have to take some screenshots of my surveys and such just in case they decide to change it again soon.

bumpkin

So the website is back up, but the new rewards aren't available? Pretty lame. Grats to those who got the posters yesterday morning.

Guess I'll have to take some screenshots of my surveys and such just in case they decide to change it again soon.
No kiddin'. I was checking the site periodically after I saw the chatter about new rewards; especially the downloadable games. It's back up for me, but the rewards catalog hasn't changed.

jgkspsx

The new site was totally different. They ran into problems with taking it live and had to roll it back to the old version.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

I did the same after the expiration year disappeared on the new layout.

giggas

Bummer that they had to roll back onto their old site. Just calm down and be patient, they'll have the new site up as soon as they can. Trust me, they're probably all going completely ape shit over there.

I work for a company that has a couple of (shitty) websites and we actually just relaunched our main one this week. We tried to go live two weeks ago but a bunch of unforeseen issues popped up causing us to roll back to the old one while the kinks were worked out. It's just the way of the game with the net.

MrMan2k3

On the sidebar for Club Nintendo, they're now showing this message: "12-09-11: New rewards and games available for Coins coming soon. Please stay tuned!"

EDIT: Also, a question about Family Accounts: Will you get points for registering multiple copies of the same game twice by using a Family Account? I thought I remember reading before that you could still only register a game once, but now I can't find that information. My parents have several games that I could register, but I've already registered them on my own account. Is it worth setting up a Family Account, or should I just sign them up for a separate account?

backlot

On the sidebar for Club Nintendo, they're now showing this message: "12-09-11: New rewards and games available for Coins coming soon. Please stay tuned!"

EDIT: Also, a question about Family Accounts: Will you get points for registering multiple copies of the same game twice by using a Family Account? I thought I remember reading before that you could still only register a game once, but now I can't find that information. My parents have several games that I could register, but I've already registered them on my own account. Is it worth setting up a Family Account, or should I just sign them up for a separate account?

I did it a while ago but I think the way it worked was that you could register the games on separate accounts then create a family account that links all those accounts together. It basically just pools the coins together and gives the spending privileges to whatever you set as your main account.

So I recently moved from an Aqua 3DS to a Red 3DS...am I allowed to register more than one 3DS?

Edit: More importantly, how to I de-register it so whomever buys it from me can put their info in on Nintendo's end? (not for coins, but for service)

BooJoh

So I recently moved from an Aqua 3DS to a Red 3DS...am I allowed to register more than one 3DS?

Edit: More importantly, how to I de-register it so whomever buys it from me can put their info in on Nintendo's end? (not for coins, but for service)

I think the only way you can "remove" it is by unlinking it from your Club Nintendo account in the eShop, I'd assume system transfer already did that, but you might want to check just to be sure.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's any way they can attach the serial number to their CN account, they'd just have to link to Club Nintendo with their sign-in info and that would probably do the trick as far as having digital games register to their CN account and such.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Is there still a way to see when Post Play surveys expire? I can't seem to find that info anymore, I have a few that expire this year that I wanted to count towards platinum.

I think the only way you can "remove" it is by unlinking it from your Club Nintendo account in the eShop, I'd assume system transfer already did that, but you might want to check just to be sure.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's any way they can attach the serial number to their CN account, they'd just have to link to Club Nintendo with their sign-in info and that would probably do the trick as far as having digital games register to their CN account and such.

Gotcha...so can I get coins for a second 3DS or is it only one 3DS' worth of coins per account?

backlot

Gotcha...so can I get coins for a second 3DS or is it only one 3DS' worth of coins per account?

I think you can use a family account to register multiple 3DS's. I've only ever done it with games though so I'm not sure if it'll work.

Also, it's cool that Club Nintendo added that little "Stay tuned" message today. Puts my mind at ease knowing they aren't trying to cancel the new rewards or something.

Is there any detriment to converting my account to a family account? May as well get those 160 coins if I can.

Edit: I've forgotten...the Club Nintendo code in the box is how I register my 3DS with Nintendo in terms of them knowing I have it as well, right?

sfried

I just logged back in to Club Nintendo, and noticed a little something on the left hand side:
Club Nintendo News said:
12-09-11

New rewards and games available for Coins coming soon. Please stay tuned!
Surprise spoiled I guess?

Now I'm a bit afraid I'm gonna punch in the code only for Nintendo to go "Oh yeah you already have a 3DS, thanks for registering anyway!" and I'll be out 160 coins. lol.

Clipper

We have had numerous reports (some above) that the family accounts will let you get multiple sets of coins, provided you register the system on the second account you create. And yeah, the system transfer would have delinked that old account.

Is there still a way to see when Post Play surveys expire? I can't seem to find that info any more, I have a few that expire this year that I wanted to count towards platinum.
They expire on the date listed on your Home page in Club Nintendo like they always have. We have reports that the new system they trialled and reverted from may not be so user friendly in that regard, though very few of us have actually seen it.

Or you can calculate them on your own. Surveys for games you registered before the new timeouts (which was around March) will expire 5 or 10 years after their release dates (or possibly never, they seemed to keep getting pushed back). Post-play surveys for games you registered after those new timeouts are valid in the period of 7-120 days after you register the game.

jgkspsx

To summarize:

Single account:
- 1 3DS registration per account
- 1 eShop-CN link bonus per 3DS and account
- You can link as many DSis & 3DSes as you want to your account through eShop, but if you buy a game twice, you will not get a second survey.

Family account:
- Points accumulate across accounts for Elite and rewards and can be spent by any(?) linked account.
- You can register 1 3DS per account and link it.
- You can buy the same game on 3DSes linked to different CN accounts on one family account and get credit for all of them.

Any:
- Link a system that was already linked before: no link bonus.

If you ever end up with multiple pieces of the same hardware or need to buy multiple copies of games (I did for Electroplankton), set up a family account. It's quick, painless, and has no drawbacks.

boiled goose

good with gravy
I am actually surprised how nice the pin set is.

Much much nicer than last years figurines. Im thinking twice about just throwing it on ebay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom