• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you watch this week's Nintendo Week on the Nintendo Channel, you'll hear Gary and Allison say that they'll talk about new Club Nintendo stuff on next week's show, so maybe the new stuff will officially go up next week.

MrMan2k3

So I registered my parents' Wii and several of their games using a Family Account yesterday.

The games registered fine, and the Wii registered, saying that the Wii's warranty had been extended, but it popped up a message about a PIN found in the box. The popup mentioned that it was for systems from 2010 and newer, but my parents' Wii was a 2009 model so I ignored the message. No coins were awarded for the Wii's registration. Is this Wii too old to get coins? I looked in their box and couldn't find any kind of PIN to enter.

Got my badge set yesterday and I love it. I already knew what to expect from seeing pics of the Japanese version but I didn't realize how much I'd like it until I had it in my hands, it's so slick and I love the re-stackable box pictures. 8-bit sprite art never loses its charm.

edit: VC titles and 3D Classics for coins???!!! Get that site back up!

Clipper

So I registered my parents' Wii and several of their games using a Family Account yesterday.

The games registered fine, and the Wii registered, saying that the Wii's warranty had been extended, but it popped up a message about a PIN found in the box. The popup mentioned that it was for systems from 2010 and newer, but my parents' Wii was a 2009 model so I ignored the message. No coins were awarded for the Wii's registration. Is this Wii too old to get coins? I looked in their box and couldn't find any kind of PIN to enter.

Yes. Only Wiis that were sold after May (or thereabouts) 2010 qualify for coins (I added the actual date to the spreadsheet, so you can check there).

BooJoh

I have until January 1st to register Mario Kart 7 and get the early reg bonus along with all the other coin bonuses, correct? I'm still trying to hold off in case they announce a Kid Icarus promotion.

DR2K

Banned
I have an extra Mario Kart 7 code if anyone wants to trade. I bought two copies, but i can only register 1, sucks.

Clipper

I have until January 1st to register Mario Kart 7 and get the early reg bonus along with all the other coin bonuses, correct? I'm still trying to hold off in case they announce a Kid Icarus promotion.

Early registration will end 30 days after release, so use that as your calculation.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hey, everyone...

I'm trying to identify all DSiWare titles that were previous retail releases -or- that were extracted from retail releases. (Generally, such DSiWare titles will have a notation on their eShop page, noting that the title was previously available at retail in some form).

I've made notations on the Club Nintendo Coin Spreadsheet, and I'm including a brief summary in this post. If you know of any titles I didn't list, please let me know.

PREVIOUSLY RELEASED AT RETAIL
Animal Boxing
Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ
Need for Speed: Nitro-X (may have been cut down)
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (no voice over in DSiWare release?)
Real Soccer 2009

EXTRACTED FROM PREVIOUS RETAIL RELEASE
Anonymous Notes Chapter 1 - From The Abyss -
Anonymous Notes Chapter 2 - From The Abyss -
Bird and Beans (from WarioWare GBA)
Battle of Giants: Dinosaurs Fight for Survival
Battle of Giants: Dragons Bronze Edition
Battle of Giants: Mutant Insects Revenge
Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters
Brain Age Express: Math
Brain Age Express: Sudoku
Bejeweled Twist
Bookworm
Clubhouse Games Express: Card Classics
Clubhouse Games Express: Family Favorites
Clubhouse Games Express: Strategy Pack
Electroplankton Beatnes
Electroplankton Hanenbow
Electroplankton Lumiloop
Electroplankton Luminarrow
Electroplankton Marine-Crystals
Electroplankton Nanocarp
Electroplankton Rec-Rec
Electroplankton Sun-Animalcule
Electroplankton Trapy
Electroplankton Varvoice
Ivy the Kiwi? Mini
Master of Illusion Express: Deep Psyche
Master of Illusion Express: Funny Face
Master of Illusion Express: Shuffle Games
Paper Airplane Chase (WarioWare GBA)
Plants vs. Zombies
Puzzle League Express
Scrabble Classic
Scrabble Slam!
Scrabble Tools
True Swing Golf Express

Other Notes...

Later combined and updated as DS retail title:
Art Academy: First Semester
Art Academy: Second Semester

All New Material:
Master of Illusion Express: Matchmaker
Master of Illusion Express: Mind Probe
Master of Illusion Express: Psychic Camera

leroidys

Hey, everyone...

I'm trying to identify all DSiWare titles that were previous retail releases -or- that were extracted from retail releases. (Generally, such DSiWare titles will have a notation on their eShop page, noting that the title was previously available at retail in some form).

I've made notations on the Club Nintendo Coin Spreadsheet, and I'm including a brief summary in this post. If you know of any titles I didn't list, please let me know.

Animal Boxing
Real Soccer 2009

Bejeweled Twist
Bookworm
Electroplankton Beatnes
Electroplankton Hanenbow
Electroplankton Lumiloop
Electroplankton Nanocarp
Electroplankton Rec-Rec
Electroplankton Trapy
Electroplankton Varvoice
Ivy the Kiwi? Mini
Plants vs. Zombies
Puzzle League Express
Scrabble Classic
Scrabble Slam!
Scrabble Tools
True Swing Golf Express

Other Notes...

All New Material:

The domo games were a single retail release in Japan IIRC, and the Game & Watch games are taken from the DS releases.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Hey, everyone...

[/i]
Here's one:

Maestro! Green Groove (from Maestro! Jump in Music which was Euro release only)

Hey, everyone...

Animal Boxing
Real Soccer 2009

Bejeweled Twist
Bookworm
Electroplankton Beatnes
Electroplankton Hanenbow
Electroplankton Lumiloop
Electroplankton Nanocarp
Electroplankton Rec-Rec
Electroplankton Trapy
Electroplankton Varvoice
Ivy the Kiwi? Mini
Plants vs. Zombies
Puzzle League Express
Scrabble Classic
Scrabble Slam!
Scrabble Tools
True Swing Golf Express

Other Notes...

All New Material:

Chronos Twins was an EU only retail release. I know the WiiWare version has different graphics, but I *think* the DSiWare one is identical.

Anyone having trouble logging in to Club Nintendo? I did a few surveys this morning, and I'm trying to log in now, but I'm getting an incorrect username/pw error.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The domo games were a single retail release in Japan IIRC, and the Game & Watch games are taken from the DS releases.

Just looking for North American releases, actually...

Were the Game & Watch games all taken from DS releases? The only DS releases I know of were the two Club Nintendo sets, and there are far more G&W titles on DSiWare than those 4. Granted, I remember hearing that another 1 or 2 were hidden as extras in a few of the Touch Generations titles -- anyone have info?

isny

napkin dispenser
The Mario Kart 7 post-play survey got me to Platinum for the year. First time ever and it feels good.

Congratulations! For the 2012 Platinum prize you will receive a small vial of Miyamoto's ashes! Now you're playing with power! >.>

At least that would be worth more than the pins, lol

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just looking for North American releases, actually...

Were the Game & Watch games all taken from DS releases? The only DS releases I know of were the two Club Nintendo sets, and there are far more G&W titles on DSiWare than those 4. Granted, I remember hearing that another 1 or 2 were hidden as extras in a few of the Touch Generations titles -- anyone have info?

You should include all so it's complete.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Then I'm doing the international Club Nintendo spreadsheet, and there are so many aspects to that that are really beyond intelligible efforts...

Ok, then what does the DSiware info have to do with Club Nintendo?
Just thought a complete list would be a nice resource regarding NA eShop offerings.

_woLf

Congratulations! For the 2012 Platinum prize you will receive a small vial of Miyamoto's ashes! Now you're playing with power! >.>

At least that would be worth more than the pins, lol

Your post implies something I don't ever want to think about. :(

Mistle

Received my Zelda posters today! They're huge, and the paper/print quality is amazing. Got them from the Australian catalogue, all 3 came in a set. Bad iPhone camera does not do them justice, lol

6eYqQ.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
Those look gorgeous. Wow.

I have just enough coins to get two sets.. one set to be opened and framed, and one to keep sealed in its tube for posterity.

C'mon, Nintendo..

jgkspsx

I have 1460 points in incomplete 2014/2015 surveys in my account. I wonder if there will ever be a drought long enough to actually need them.

On the other hand, getting games from Club Nintendo might make it worth my while...

Kazerei

Banned
Have y'all received your platinum rewards yet?

Yep!

In Japan:

http://club.nintendo.jp/present/itempop_p137.html

3DS gamecard case and Golden Nunchuk ala Zelda.

You need to have registered SS it looks like.

So jelly. I've got a gold wiimote and gold classic controller pro ... all I need is that gold nunchuk ... *drool*

Also I've been thinking of cutting small squares out of my DS game case (the blue CN one) so that 3DS games will fit in. Hurry up, NOA.

kunonabi

Yep!

So jelly. I've got a gold wiimote and gold classic controller pro ... all I need is that gold nunchuk ... *drool*

Also I've been thinking of cutting small squares out of my DS game case (the blue CN one) so that 3DS games will fit in. Hurry up, NOA.

Goddamnit. We better get that gold nunchuk. If not I'm going to end up paying an ungodly amount for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom