• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ Spyke

I AM JOHN! said:
Bah. How about old DS games?

The My Nintendo program started during the GameCUbe era. I don't know exactly when, but some GBA games did have codes (I registered several).

JSR, you shouldn't be surprised about it not being crap like the European version. Cammie Dunaway (an exec at Nintendo) confirmed months ago that the North American version would be more like the Japanese version than the European version (i.e. offer actual physical items rather than stuff like wallpaper).

As long as all my registered items get counted, I will be happy. I should have enough for the Game & Watch collection.

CoilShot

Allan Holdsworth said:
16 Wii first-party games registered for G&W Collection :lol
Or 27 DS games.
(less with all those surveys, but still)

Funny thing is on this other forums I saw someone said they had 970 Coins :lol

JSR

JSnake said:
JSR is that you? Mr. "Let's keep it game related, guys"? :eek:

I hope Club Nintendo comes back with a revival of the official NSider forums. Those forums were hilariously awful.
Yup, I'm that JSR. Nice to see I'm not the only NSider who migrated here.

As funny as it would be to see NSider come back, I would never want to be a mod again, lol. There was way too much spam, although I guess that was part of its charm... kind of.

Hmm, I should have plenty of coins for the Game & Watch thing, the 3 free issues of Nintendo Power was a terrible offer, so I never registered anything. As long as I can register all my current Wii and DS games I should be good. I'll probably hold back if I have any extras though, so I can use them next year to help get platinum status/any other decent free games. But how do they expect you to get platinum status? Does Nintendo even release that many not terrible first party games in a year?

TJ Spyke

I wonder if they will give points for GameCube and GBA games that had codes.

Based on Wii/VC/WW and DS games, I should have at least 590 coins (assuming I can transfer over my stuff easily). More for hardware if they get counted, plus I always do those surveys. I should qualify for Platinum status easily.

If they don't let us count games already registered, I know I will be pissed and keep e-mailing and calling Nintendo till something happens.

AniHawk

15 DS games, 11 Wii games = 1000 coins already. Game & Watch Collection is mine.

and many many more for GBA games. What can I say. Kids traded in games with these codes still in them all the time.

TJ Spyke

billy.sea said:
I can see myself doing 80 surveys and get myself a free Game & Watch.

You have 40 first party games that aren't registered? That's what the surveys are for (1 after you register a game, 1 about a month after that).

CoilShot said:
Funny thing is on this other forums I saw someone said they had 970 Coins :lol

I have 17 first-party DS games, so that should be 510 points plus an added 10 for those that have surveys. Still not enough, mainly because I don't have a Wii.
First year could be feasible for those who have both consoles, but next year? Pretty impossible to amass 800pts in a year, assuming G&W Collection 2 will be put up by then.

TJ Spyke said:
The My Nintendo program started during the GameCUbe era. I don't know exactly when, but some GBA games did have codes (I registered several).
I know, and I have a bunch of GC/GBA games. I just wanted to know if the launch-era DS games would work. Seems like they do, though.

TJ Spyke

radiantdreamer said:
Are these coins awarded for first party games only?!

Yes, for physical games. All Virtual Console and WiiWare games get registered.

Allan, don't forget that you can get 10 points for purchasing a game after saying you plan to buy it (assuming that means you plan to buy it before it comes out).

AniHawk

The easy thing to do is to just go to Gamestops and EBs. They have this retarded system of gutting like 16 copies of a single game at a time and loading the shelves with them (at least in my district). Just waltz in, snatch a code, and leave like a ninja before anyone notices. You get a code, some kid doesn't get one, and some employee gets yelled at by an irate parent. Everybody wins!

CoilShot

AniHawk said:
The easy thing to do is to just go to Gamestops and EBs. They have this retarded system of gutting like 16 copies of a single game at a time and loading the shelves with them (at least in my district). Just waltz in, snatch a code, and leave like a ninja before anyone notices. You get a code, some kid doesn't get one, and some employee gets yelled at by an irate parent. Everybody wins!

wtf :lol

You mean the 5 finger discount? :p

mj1108

Finally....Game and Watch Collection will be mine. :D

AniHawk said:

I did that one time at a Hollywood Video who used to put out the actual boxes for display boxes. They'd take out the game but leave the manual and everything intact. So it was easy to go in snag a couple of codes here and there.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
How many coins do you get for registering a Wii? And a DS?

TJ Spyke

Hootie said:
What the hell...are there even 27 first party DS games (I want the G&W!)?

Just counting North America:
Super Mario 64 DS
WarioWare: Touched
Yoshi Touch & Go
Pokémon Dash
Polarium
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Meteos
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Nintendogs: Chihuahua & Friends
Nintendogs: Dachshund & Friends
Nintendogs: Lab & Friends
Trace Memory
Metroid Prime Pinball
Nintendogs: Best Friends Edition
Mario Kart DS
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Electroplankton
Super Princess Peach
Pokémon Trozei!
Metroid Prime Hunters
Tetris DS
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!
New Super Mario Bros.
Magnetica
Big Brain Academy
Sudoku Gridmaster
Tenchu Dark Shadow (Published by Nintendo in North America)
Star Fox Command
Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
Clubhouse Games
Nintendogs: Dalmatian & Friends
Magical Starsign
Pokémon Ranger
Children of Mana
Elite Beat Agents
Yoshi's Island DS
Kirby: Squeak Squad
Custom Robo Arena
Diddy Kong Racing DS
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Planet Puzzle League
Pokémon Diamond
Pokémon Pearl
Wario: Master of Disguise
Picross DS
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day!
DK Jungle Climber
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol
Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day
Mario Party DS
Master of Illusion
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Crosswords DS
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
Personal Trainer: Cooking

65 games so far

Edit: Bah, I didn't do the lazy way. I actually made it simple for him.

Tim-E

2ebe2kk.jpg

Pwwweeeease, Nintendo?

I have a shitload of games registered on my My Nintendo account. This stuff better transfer!

Hootie

Anybody know/think foreign DS game codes will work? I have about 4 japanese 1st party games and 1 european one, along with about 8 US ones.

Tim-E said:
2ebe2kk.jpg

Pwwweeeease, Nintendo?

I have a shitload of games registered on my My Nintendo account. This stuff better transfer!

I broke down and bought one off ebay a while back. It's totally fantastic.

TJ Spyke

Hootie said:
Anybody know/think foreign DS game codes will work? I have about 4 japanese 1st party games and 1 european one, along with about 8 US ones.

You couldn't with My Nintendo AFAIK, so probably not.

Wizard, YES. This has been answered. It's just taking over for My Nintendo. You register games by entering a code that comes with it, these only come with first party games. If you sync you Wii system to your MyNintendo/Club Nintendo account, you can automatically register all Virtual Console and WiiWare games you buy (first and third party).

ccbfan

Did some calculations of my points.

12 Wii games = 840
120 for pre-reg
600 for reg
120 for post-survey

11 DS games (I bought a lot of used games) = 570
110 for pre-reg
330 for reg
110 for post-survey
20 for new game survey

Probably only buying Rock Band 2 this year so + 80 there.

840+570+80=1490

So I'm pretty set to be platinum member for a while.

Edit:

Man two bad news, no pre-registering games already out and only first party. So I guess.

7 Wii games = 430
350 for reg
70 for post-survey

8 DS games = 320
240 for reg
80 for post-survey

Crap not enough for Game & Watch

Is there any decent First Party DS/Wii coming out soon?

TJ Spyke

You can't get points for pre-registering any games out already since there was no way for you to tell Nintendo you planned to get it.

Teknoman

JSR said:
Yeah, only first-party games come with registration PINs.

Dont games published by Nintendo come with a registration pin as well? I know I remember registering Final Fantasy Advance titles.

I had 50 something products registered on My Nintendo, so interesting to see what it unlocks and if they all carry over. I got most of the worthwhile Club Nintendo items from all regions - Tingle's Balloon Fight, Gold Link Statue, Super Famicom Wii controller...so hopefully they have something a bit more enticing than Game and Watch Gallery for DS. US version of Tingle RPG? Watch Disaster end up in the catalog...

I know they're doing special DLC for games through Club Nintendo, just not what exactly.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Hilarious, the US store is announced and released 6 months after the Aussie one and we still haven't got it. BRILLIANT.

Hootie

I wonder if "Exclamation Warriors" will end up being availible in the US Club Nintendo

"PANCH, PANCH! KICK! KIIIIIIIICK!" :lol

Captain N

I just counted my DS & Wii Games

50 DS Games = 1,500 Coins

23 Wii Games = 1,150 Coins

I hope they all carry over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom