• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYEL1NER

That new OP seems good to me.
I already learned something from it.

This is my first time ever doing anything with Club Nintendo. I registered a while back to get the surveys for the ambassador games because of the thread that got created about it but then forgot and stopped caring. So I was still a bit fuzzy.
Anyway, I know that you have to hit Plat by Jul 1 or it resets. Well, I also thought your coins reset at that date too, so I have been rushing to collect enough to hurry and buy the things I want.
After reading that, I know I was wrong now. I still want to blow my 1100 on the Hanafuda cards and Blooper fan anyway though. I doubt I'll try for gold or plat ever again. I don't buy enough Nintendo games. But I suppose I will get a Wii U, so they will suck me in next year too.

Clipper

That new OP seems good to me.
I already learned something from it.

This is my first time ever doing anything with Club Nintendo. I registered a while back to get the surveys for the ambassador games because of the thread that got created about it but then forgot and stopped caring. So I was still a bit fuzzy.
Anyway, I know that you have to hit Plat by Jul 1 or it resets. Well, I also thought your coins reset at that date too, so I have been rushing to collect enough to hurry and buy the things I want.
After reading that, I know I was wrong now. I still want to blow my 1100 on the Hanafuda cards and Blooper fan anyway though. I doubt I'll try for gold or plat ever again. I don't buy enough Nintendo games. But I suppose I will get a Wii U, so they will suck me in next year too.

And you just reminded me to add an FAQ that the elite gifts are indeed free. Thanks.

Pyrokai

Hey guys, real quick question...

I know the surveys are falling down in value in a couple days, (heads up bump on that, I guess) but I was wondering if it could be summarized which surveys I should fill out first. Are they all dropping in value or are some over others? Basically: I have a ton of surveys hoarded....which should I do first?

Glad I already have this one in my draft for the new thread...

The Japanese one this year was a Mario pillow, so that's your only hint.
pixelated-mario-pillow.jpg

Ooooo are we getting a Toad stool?

iphys

Clipper, the Selects titles do give people the early registration coins (and I would have thought NPC games but maybe we won't have any more of those released anyway), and there are still a couple DS games on the horizon and I thought those do give intend-to-buys and early registration, no? Also in the info on post-plays it's saying all Wii downloadable games have them.

Clipper

Hey guys, real quick question...

I know the surveys are falling down in value in a couple days, (heads up bump on that, I guess) but I was wondering if it could be summarized which surveys I should fill out first. Are they all dropping in value or are some over others? Basically: I have a ton of surveys hoarded....which should I do first?

The list of all games with changing coin values is here. You want to do any games that you have not yet registered that have a negative value in the change column. You also want to fill in available post play surveys for all your 3DS retail games even if the change listed in the column is 0. Having said that, do NOT enter any codes for 3DS retail games that have a 0 value in the change in coins as you won't get the post play survey in time.

Clipper, the Selects titles do give people the early registration coins (and I would have thought NPC games but maybe we won't have any more of those released anyway), and there are still a couple DS games on the horizon and I thought those do give intend-to-buys and early registration, no? Also in the info on post-plays it's saying all Wii downloadable games have them.
Some of them did, but I think the recent ones don't. I guess it doesn't hurt to make it a 0-10 value, though. The retail DS thing is a mistake by me and I'll fix that, thanks. As for post-plays, I guess I'll add the after 2009 thing.

Esiquio

Well, time to get some surveys done! Highlights include: linking that horrible E3 video of the Wii Music presentation in my comments. Also, telling Nintendo to make Advance Wars 3DS and a true MMORPG Pokemon game.

Esiquio

fighting the good fight :)

Hahaha. I now have 580 coins, and I saved what will be my most complete survey for last: Brawl. I have a hell of a lot to say about that, it may come out as a thesis, hahaha.

Also, I've had Glory of Heracles listed as a "To-Do" for a long, long time, even though I never bought that game. When I click on it, it asks for a registration code. How do I get rid of that?

What is the best number to call to get some Club Nintendo questions answered? I called once before months ago asking for clarification on something and no one had a clue what was going on, sounded like people that were out-sourced or something. The basic question I'm going to ask is what can be done for my brother who had his 3DS stolen, and had not linked his Club Nintendo account yet. He bought several games, like Pushmo, and now it's all gone. I'm guessing he's SOL, but if they have credit card history of actual purchases, shouldn't that help? Damn Nintendo and their non-Steam-like system!

One last thing...what's a good game to buy on the eShop that will get me my last needed 10 coins for Platinum? I already have the best game there is on there, Link's Awakening, and I'm not a fan of simple or short games.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
It is starting to look like neither Bomb Monkey nor Marvel Pinball 3D have registration surveys.

This is ... odd.

zroid

Banned
Also, I've had Glory of Heracles listed as a "To-Do" for a long, long time, even though I never bought that game. When I click on it, it asks for a registration code. How do I get rid of that?

it's listed because you filled out an intend to buy survey. those stay there forever, and you have to register the game to make it go away.

The basic question I'm going to ask is what can be done for my brother who had his 3DS stolen, and had not linked his Club Nintendo account yet. He bought several games, like Pushmo, and now it's all gone. I'm guessing he's SOL, but if they have credit card history of actual purchases, shouldn't that help?

Well, it might be possible to fix the situation if you know the serial number of the 3DS. If not, he's in a difficult situation. Nintendo has good customer support though (unlike Steam, incidentally), so who knows what'll happen.

One last thing...what's a good game to buy on the eShop that will get me my last needed 10 coins for Platinum? I already have the best game there is on there, Link's Awakening, and I'm not a fan of simple or short games.

Hrm, have you downloaded Netflix or Nintendo Video yet? Those will get you your coins. As will Netflix and Hulu on Wii. Otherwise... the only way you can get those 10 coins in time is with an eShop exclusive game like Mutant Mudds, Zen Pinball 3D, Colors! 3D, Mighty Switch Force, etc. If you're desperate, there's a $2 game that will get you 10 coins instantly. Bird Mania 3D.

VVVVVV, on sale for $4.99 at the moment, is a good choice. I guess it's simple and short, but it's really good, so...

Esiquio

it's listed because you filled out an intend to buy survey. those stay there forever, and you have to register the game to make it go away.

Ah, okay. Anyone have a code for this game?! :D

Well, it might be possible to fix the situation if you know the serial number of the 3DS. If not, he's in a difficult situation. Nintendo has good customer support though (unlike Steam, incidentally), so who knows what'll happen.

Serial number, eh? Well, I may have the registration code for it, as I have not registered it to the Club Nintendo account yet. (For next year)

Hrm, have you downloaded Netflix or Nintendo Video yet? Those will get you your coins. As will Netflix and Hulu on Wii. Otherwise... the only way you can get those 10 coins in time is with an eShop exclusive game like Mutant Mudds, Zen Pinball 3D, Colors! 3D, Mighty Switch Force, etc. If you're desperate, there's a $2 game that will get you 10 coins instantly. Bird Mania 3D.

VVVVVV, on sale for $4.99 at the moment, is a good choice. I guess it's simple and short, but it's really good, so...

I linked my brothers brand-new 3DS to his sub-account and downloaded Netflix, Nintendo Video, Swapnote and Pokedex 3D. I received zero coins for this. Also, I put the latest firmware on his 3DS and it showed the icons for all the aforementioned apps (with the exception of Netflix) on the Home screen, but when I downloaded Swapnote and Nintendo Video, the 3DS crashed and had to reboot. Weird.

VVVVVV is a game I have for Steam, but will probably never play on my computer. I'll consider that one, thanks!

zroid

Banned
I linked my brothers brand-new 3DS to his sub-account and downloaded Netflix, Nintendo Video, Swapnote and Pokedex 3D. I received zero coins for this.

You definitely should have... (not for Swapnote though)

It's just a registration survey, did you perhaps let them expire?

zroid

Banned
Hmmm... I thought they were supposed to be instant for Netflix/Nintendo Video/Hulu. Are they not there yet, now? If it doesn't show up soon after downloading, it probably won't till a week passes.

TehOh

I'm wondering if they have stopped offering registration surveys on eShop games already. Slitherlink didn't have one, now Bomb Monkey and Marvel Pinball don't have them.

Got a post-play for Slitherlink, so I'm not holding out any hope on a late registration survey for this one. Sadly, looks like eShop games are just worth 10 coins now.

Clipper

Got a post-play for Slitherlink, so I'm not holding out any hope on a late registration survey for this one. Sadly, looks like eShop games are just worth 10 coins now.
If that is true, it makes it really sucky that they are reducing the old ones to 5 coins at the same time. I'm hoping it's just a temporary thing during the changeover, with them perhaps not having a graphic for 15* ready, and that games released in the new year start getting them again.

zroid

Banned
This is pretty weird. Is it possible that registration surveys for ALL eShop downloads are currently disabled? Has anyone downloaded a game in the last couple days previously confirmed to have one?

Clipper

Just added this to the new OP ;)
I have an entry in my ToDo list for a game that asks me to enter the code for the game but I don't want to buy it. How do I get rid of it?
Buy the game. You either filled in the Intend to Buy survey for the game or at least clicked the link to access the ItB survey. Doing this will add the game to your ToDo list as a reminder that you will get extra coins if you register that title. There is no way to remove it unless you actually register the game.

This is pretty weird. Is it possible that registration for ALL eShop games are currently disabled? Has anyone downloaded a game in the last couple days previously confirmed to have a registration survey?

Nah, we know it's only for those games so far. Slitherlink matches with the info on the Earn Coins page and the other games will reduce to 5 coins.

zroid

Banned
Nah, we know it's only for those games so far. Slitherlink matches with the info on the Earn Coins page and the other games will reduce to 5 coins.

With Esiquio supposedly not receiving his registration surveys for the 3DS apps, I'm beginning to wonder...

Esiquio

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time just showed up in my Coin Transaction History page. It just says the title, nothing about registration or surveys, and it have a coin value of 0. Did that show up for anyone else?

iphys

Looks like Mario Tennis Selects doesn't have the early registration but Pikmin 2 Selects does, and I know I held out on getting an early registration on Twilight Princess Selects after I heard other people saying they were getting it, so maybe it's just random whether they decide to give early registration for those. The way they're tightening their purse strings, I imagine they probably won't give those out on Selects anymore actually.

I also got my VVVVVV survey today no problem. It seems weird they'd stop giving registration surveys for new 3DSware games yet only reduce the old ones from 10 coins to 5 instead of 0. They always had the info up that 3DS downloadable games gave 10 coins registration and the new info only mentions changes for July 1st, so that's pretty lame if they changed the policy before the 1st without telling people -- especially if anyone was counting on those surveys to reach platinum. I wonder if they just forgot to make the surveys available.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Looks like Mario Tennis Selects doesn't have the early registration but Pikmin 2 Selects does, and I know I held out on getting an early registration on Twilight Princess Selects after I heard other people saying they were getting it, so maybe it's just random whether they decide to give early registration for those.

The first wave of Nintendo Selects got early registration rewards. None of the rest did, aside from Pikmin 2. The logical presumption is that Pikmin 2 got a bonus as it was the first time it was released on the Wii, whereas the others were all "rereleases".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom