• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this time of year. Waiting to hear news of the new prize, comfortable in the knowledge I made platinum long ago. And oh yeah it's my birthday on the 1st!

Actually that probably has more to do with it than anything.

But aside from all that, everyone brace themselves for mass disappointment in the platinum prize. I have to admit, last year I was one of the people bitching. But after getting the pins, I realized it's not the actual item that's so important to me, but the Nintendo packaging and presentation. As well as the knowledge I have something that's fairly rare. It was only after receiving the pins that I was truly able to appreciate them.

On the site it says that I've earned 940 coins for 2012 (oh god, I have no idea how this happened), does this mean I'm getting the Platinum reward?
Just log in to Club Nintendo. It'll say Platinum right under your name, if you got enough coins within the past 12 months.

But after getting the pins, I realized it's not the actual item that's so important to me, but the Nintendo packaging and presentation. As well as the knowledge I have something that's fairly rare.

Yeah definitely. It's a mental satisfaction, and having it is kinda cool. I got it and just stuck it on a shelf, haven't even really looked at the pins or took them out or anything.

vdlow

Tonight I'll praying for all the known Gods. I'll ask them to put 3D Classics Kid Icarus among the new rewards in Club Nintendo. Like a summer gift. <3

zroid

Banned
But after getting the pins, I realized it's not the actual item that's so important to me, but the Nintendo packaging and presentation.

Some people do get it!

I've never removed the pins from their boxes once. I appreciate the reward more as-is. I have turned the boxes though :)

Tonight I'll praying for all the known Gods. I'll ask them to put 3D Classics Kid Icarus among the new rewards in Club Nintendo. Like a summer gift. <3
Hoping for Sakura Samurai myself, as it's one of the few Nintendo-published things left on the eShop that I'm interested in and don't already own. That or for Nintendo to start offering third party stuff, like say... FFVI ("III") as a reward. That would be great~

My account said a while back that I had 190 points expiring, so I ordered a 3DS game case for 250 points. After I received that, I still have the notification that 190 points will expire today. What's up with that?

Gartooth

I really struggle to understand why we haven't received any soundtracks on Club N yet. CDs must be among the cheapest items to manufacture and ship, and they could easily get away with charging a hefty amount of coinage for those.

At least there was the Ocarina CD, which I cherish, but it was amazingly limited.

Yeah, I got Ocarina of Time on the release day and even I was worried I wouldn't get the CD. (mostly due to the high traffic on the site at the time)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I need 10 points for platinum...Is VVVVVV worth 10 points? And if I buy it right now, will I get my points to hit platinum before midnight? :O

Bog

Junior Ace
Where's this chart? I want to see if these 24 games are worth putting in tonight. If they're not, I'll hit platinum in the morning.

LadyRiven

I busted my butt to get platinum last year and was really disappointed in the prize. I really wanted something like the statue from the year before. :( I'm just going to be content with Gold this year.

Marvie_3

Banned
Just registered a bunch of DS codes I've had laying around and hit exactly 600 coins. I've hit platinum all 4 years so far. :D Still have a bunch of codes leftover to register tomorrow, plus with the XL and Wii U, I'll have no problem hitting platinum next year and the year after that.

Yeah I was gonna say, people expecting to hear what the plat prize is, last year's news came unusually early. I don't expect a July 1st announcement this year. It could happen, but I don't expect it.

zroid

Banned
Yeah I was gonna say, people expecting to hear what the plat prize is, last year's news came unusually early. I don't expect a July 1st announcement this year. It could happen, but I don't expect it.

I think it also happened on July 1st two years ago, to be fair

guess we'll see

KnuckaWut

should explain it

CanIChangeorCancelanOrderIJustPlaced--ClubNintendo-FrequentlyAskedQuestions-Nintendo.png

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, whew. I didn't want the 240 I had expiring tonight to go to waste so I bought a Wii remote holder but then I realized that if I bought Art of Balance on the 3DS shop it would have given me enough to finally get the Game and Watch Collection 2, so I called and had the order cancelled.

donny2112

3D Classics Kid Icarus

Ugh. Have you played the original Kid Icarus game? It's like a frustratingly harder version of Metroid without really any exploration. Some people really like it, and that's fine. However, make sure you know what you're buying before you get it. ;p

zroid

Banned
Ugh. Have you played the original Kid Icarus game? It's like a frustratingly harder version of Metroid without really any exploration. Some people really like it, and that's fine. However, make sure you know what you're buying before you get it. ;p

but it's soooo goooood
kind of

the 3D Classics version is a lot less frustrating apparently because they fixed the controls or something. I've only played the 3DC one, so I don't really know. I liked it though. And it was definitely no more difficult than your average NES game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Brain fart. Thought you were asking if vvvvvv was worth it. My mistake.

Also fuck yeaaaa platinum.

Nah, I know it's worth it. :) VVVVVV is seriously a masterpiece of a game and everyone needs to buy it to support those guys.

And I'm still waiting for the coins to go through. :( 10 more before midnight!!! uuunnngghhh

I don't think that's a very good description. I guess it sort of controls similarly to Metroid because of the whole engine thing, but other than that the two games are nothing alike. Kid Icarus is just a weird but good platformer with some unique ideas and jank. Plus it's pretty easy compared to Metroid.

Smellycat

I am in dilemma. I have a DSi and a DSi XL that I haven't registered yet, should I do it now and get 360 points, even though I already hit platinum? Or should I wait until after 7/1 and get 320 points, and it will count towards my platinum for next year...errr...

I am planning on buying Wii U and a XL this year too... so I guess that makes the decision easier...

Nah, I know it's worth it. :) VVVVVV is seriously a masterpiece of a game and everyone needs to buy it to support those guys.

And I'm still waiting for the coins to go through. :( 10 more before midnight!!! uuunnngghhh

:) awesome. I bought it too, and I agree :)

Fingers are crossed for you!!

Metroid without exploration? That's why it's awesome.

jgkspsx

Have you played the 3DClassics version? It controls much more normally and is now not particularly difficult at all. I thought it was a great experience, and I had never made it past the first dungeon before.

Aww crap. Did the Tote Bag disappear on us for good? I'm been sitting on 230 coins (waiting for July 1st before registering more) the past few days with a couple of post-plays ready to redeem that 250 prize. >:[

EDIT: Just saw it listed as "currently unavailable" - hope it comes back soon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
2012 Elite Status: Platinum (710 coins)

2011 Elite Status: Platinum (650 coins)

2010 Elite Status: Platinum (960 coins)

2009 Elite Status: Platinum (1010 coins)

Also, what were the changes to the point values again?

donny2112

Have you played the 3DClassics version?

No, but I remember playing the NES version, and what I've read about the 3D Classics version is that gameplay-wise, it is the same as the original. Just the 3-Dness is what's different. Killed any interest in it from me, and just wanted to make sure he wasn't going "Oh, I love Kid Icarus: Uprising, so I want to play the original, too!" without knowing anything about it.

I thought it was a great experience, and I had never made it past the first dungeon before.

Hmmm. Will keep this in mind, then. Definitely didn't care for the difficulty level in the original game, and what I'd read indicated that it hadn't changed. This would seem to indicate, otherwise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom