• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

Zafir

ShellyDeKiller said:
My points keep expiring. I will never have enough to get something really cool. :( :( :(
My tip is don't register games as soon as you get them. Instead save your points up, and then register them when you either get enough, or just before the code runs out.

Murkas

Hey the Link statue is not on the store! I was saving up for that :(

Only 5000 stars away I was...

Starwolf_UK said:
Last time I did it (Spirit Tracks so this is how it worked a few years ago). A month after release (or is it registering*) you get given the survey. You must answer this within a certain amount of time (I think its 2 weeks, might a month) else it vanishes and you won't get the stars.

Ah ok, I hope there is an alert email system for this then in that case.

mclem

Zafir said:
My tip is don't register games as soon as you get them. Instead save your points up, and then register them when you either get enough, or just before the code runs out.

Do note that there are expiry dates on more recent vouchers. Older ones (that aren't GC/GBA titles) you may yet get away with; a few months ago, when inputting a load of vouchers to get the SNES classic controller I registered *Polarium* successfully.

If it has no expiry date printed and was released before the expiration system came into play (late 2006 I think) it won't expire (unless a news story says so). Also if it says 250 stars on the slip and it registers as 200, contact NOE about it and they'll add the difference to your account.

Same issue as everybody else with the Xenoblade special edition, plus the bonus soundtrack keeps ending up corrupted each time I download it.

Murkas said:
Anyone heard back from Nintendo regarding the Xenoblade Chronicles bundle issue? I haven't :(
There was no reply but they have added on the bonus 50 stars for me. Did you make sure to send your message via this page with "There is a problem with my stars balance" selected?

In the off chance anyone wanted one of those Zelda beach towels you now have a second chance, so you can laze around on Link.....hang on that doesn't sound right.
Oh and there are some Club Nintendo pouches added to the selection as well which seem kind of pointless.

I've got enough points for either the SNES controller or Mario group statue, though I think I might play the waiting game, maybe one day there will be something DK related on here.

Peagles

Big bump!

I live in New Zealand but some of the third party 3DS Club Nintendo cards from Europe work on our system. I had the EUR version of Ghost Recon, Ridge Racer, Splinter Cell and PES and they all worked here but...

I have DOA Dimensions and it doesn't work. So I'm wondering if anyone will trade with me a code from an older game like Sims 3, or Super Monkey Ball, Samurai Warriors, Asphalt, Madden, or Combat of Giants Dinosaurs. It seems like the older third party codes will work here but not the newer ones.

I also have a Pilotwings code to offer as the UK one didn't work here because we get paper cards here with first party games.

So if anyone wants to help me out just let me know :) I have two to swap!

Thanks in advance!

Okay so I went to apply for Stars Bonus for Kirby Mass Attack (and Zelda Skyward Sword):
The Stars Bonus is currently available for:
No games available.
How hard is it to run a website? Well I've sent NOE an e-mail through their e-mail form (seeing as codestorm don't deal with them anymore), shame I won't be getting the bonus for Kirby though assuming this isn't just a UK thing nobody else is either...I remember with Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon they forgot to activate the game until 1 day before the bonus period expired so they just made the game worth 50 stars more (I'd like to think that they had a purpose to it rather a beneficial mistake).

Well anyway "new" gifts (probably weeks late and most not all that new):
SC_DSiXLredPouch_large.png
Club_Nintendo_Puch_Blue.png

starscatalog_big_DSiSock_b.png
starscatalog_big_DSiSock_a.png

1000 stars (the socks are old for sure, say can't you get those in Poundland? plus they're DSi not 3DS)

mariokartcap_large.png

2300 stars (why so random I think old)

mariokartstoppuhr_large.png

3500 stars (pretty sure this is a re-appearance too)

AnimalCrossingwristwatch_large.png

4000 stars (GAF impressions)

Oxx

I was wondering why there were no bonus stars to sign up for.

I have 136 stars expiring at the end of the month. Not sure what to do with them.

The stars bonus wasn't available for Skyward Sword and yet again nothing is eligible. Anybody outside the UK able to get those? Hopefully I'll still get the post play survey for Skyward Sword (if not the only reward I get for registering is the stars expiring sooner, joy oh joy).

I decided to try again. Hit submit:
customerwhatnow.jpg

Says its all really. I guess I'll just not use the form. Not sure why I'm bothering either way as its not like The Listening Company (the people who will read the e-mail) are in any connected to the intern in charge of the website.

Anyway another new (old) item:
leather_ds_case_pink_en.png

Nintendo DS Accessory Case (pink)
5500 Stars.
Sure, Game Cards could fit in your pocket, but the preferred way for game travel is this slick leather DS accessory case. It protects your games and looks great!

So like, do they even work with 3DS cards? Still the price makes it pointless*, for 650 stars less you get the 2 disc Mario Galaxy CD and for 1500 more is the Platinum prizes (SNES Controller and Mario statue).
*-Back in 2006 when it first showed up due to the old 5 stars a day thing they used to do it was fairly easy to have that many stars for doing nothing but 5 years changes things.

Shiggy

The stars bonus wasn't available for Skyward Sword and yet again nothing is eligible. Anybody outside the UK able to get those?

Did they abandon that option altogether?

I participated in some survey, let's hope that they'll improve the website sooner or later.

I emailed them to ask why there was apparently no Star Bonus available for StarFox 64 3DS and only got the "your custom is important to us" default reply. Of course I have heard nothing from them since so I didn't bother hassling them about SM3DL and SS. I know it is rather churlish to grumble since they do give us gaming paraphrenalia for free [which is more than Sony or Microsoft do, to my knowledge] but I can't help but be :( since I am a tart for free Stars!

DeMeester

I've got another code (from Super Mario 3D land) to give away if someone knows the answer to the following question:

What's the first and last name of the princess from the Mario bros. games?

Just reply to this thread. No PM's please :).

DeMeester

I've got yet another code (from Zelda SS) to give away if someone knows the answer to the following question:

What are the names of the best sword and shield you can get in Skyward Sword?

mclem

I've got yet another code (from Zelda SS) to give away if someone knows the answer to the following question:

...could people possibly spoiler the replies? I know it's not *that* spoilery, but I'm sure some people would appreciate total blackout.

SmokyDave

Hylian Shield and True Master Sword?

I really want a Princess Peach folder, y'see.

C_H_T

Hylian Shield and Goddess Sword

I'm trying to raise money for a flatshare deposit so I'm selling a PAL version of New Super Mario Bros Wii with the limited edition tin and Club Nintendo PIN included / unscratched, if anyone is interested:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Limited-E...y-Tin-and-Game-ClubNintendo-PIN-/170734315145

It ends on Sunday and has a high-ish reserve, mainly to protect against it going for a song really... I recently saw the tin (on its own!) go for £40+.

I'll go through my other games tonight, I may have Club Nintendo codes that I can give away for free

Do they even show up in your account yet? I remember for Wii Shop stuff it took years for the surveys to appear.

Yeah they all show up but whereas DSi software has the 'redeem 50 stars for this software' button beside them 3DS games have nada.
Hey wait! Don't you have a 3DS? If not why????? I really thought you would've had one...

Oxx

Game and Watch stuff in the Stars Catalogue.

Reproduction of 'Ball' for 7500
Game and Watch Collection for 5000

Yeah they all show up but whereas DSi software has the 'redeem 50 stars for this software' button beside them 3DS games have nada.
Hey wait! Don't you have a 3DS? If not why????? I really thought you would've had one...
I'm stingy when it comes to buying hardware. Moreso when the library is small and it is highly probable I'll have to pay full price for anything. Gamecube is about my only launch Nintendo system. I didn't have a GBA until 2004, DS until 2007 and a Wii until 2008. I've just noticed, I never registered Pokemon Pearl...its probably expired now, ah well.

Watch out. This one has the Cursed huge USK logo on it kind of ruining the package.

Indeed and early this morning the picture for one of them was actually of a Zelda CD. They corrected it within a couple of minutes though. I think it was the Zelda CD that was given to Skyward Sword early adopters. So don't be surprised if it pops up in the Stars Catalogue soon. Or they linked to the wrong image.

Indeed and early this morning the picture for one of them was actually of a Zelda CD. They corrected it within a couple of minutes though. I think it was the Zelda CD that was given to Skyward Sword early adopters. So don't be surprised if it pops up in the Stars Catalogue soon. Or they linked to the wrong image.
Interesting. Could also have been the OOT 3D CD. Back in the dark ages the Zelda Master quest disc (from Wind Waker first print) showed up a couple of times at 3000 stars.

Zafir

Interesting. Could also have been the OOT 3D CD. Back in the dark ages the Zelda Master quest disc (from Wind Waker first print) showed up a couple of times at 3000 stars.
It also contained Zelda 1 and 2, along with OOT and Master Quest didn't it. I remember wanting it, but at the time I didn't have enough stars. Worked out in the end though, I eventually managed to obtain Metroid Prime from the catalogue.

It also contained Zelda 1 and 2, along with OOT and Master Quest didn't it. I remember wanting it, but at the time I didn't have enough stars. Worked out in the end though, I eventually managed to obtain Metroid Prime from the catalogue.
No, that it Zelda Collectors edition and it was Majora's Mask, instead of Master Quest. It was 4500 stars and sold out instantly (like everything did back then). I heard as a compromise there was a way to get it by buying 2 players choice games and sending the receipt in (whatever is the Club Nintendo account for, then?). They had to actually state the Master Quest disc (which was just OOT and OOT MQ) wasn't Zelda Collectors Edition
Too many limited edition Zelda compilations in too short a space of time

Zafir

No, that it Zelda Collectors edition and it was Majora's Mask, instead of Master Quest. It was 4500 stars and sold out instantly (like everything did back then). I heard as a compromise there was a way to get it by buying 2 players choice games and sending the receipt in (whatever is the Club Nintendo account for, then?). They had to actually state the Master Quest disc (which was just OOT and OOT MQ) wasn't Zelda Collectors Edition
Too many limited edition Zelda compilations in too short a space of time

Really? Was positive that was the only compilation they had available on the catalogue. Admittedly I didn't go on it much though. Was lucky to get Metroid Prime really, going on the site at that particular moment.

I have that disc and I don't believe it is that, if for no other reason than I am pretty sure it had the Zelda 25th Anniversary logo on the disc. This one:

QQ7Fa.jpg

Unfortunately the pic was small and wouldn't enlarge in the normal way and I was still too asleep to think of taking a quick screengrab. I checked the CD that came with early Skyward Sword purchases earlier; I expect it it just that one. So it is providing a way for people who want the CD but failed to get a copy of SS in time.

We'll see.

Or not :).

Registered Mario Kart today and noticed this at the end of the Survey.

Register two selected Nintendo 3DS titles by January 31st, 2012 and receive a free download of 3D Classics: Kid Icarus!

Kid Icarus exploded onto gamers’ screens back in 1986 and rapidly became a firm favourite of many players all over the world. Now Nintendo has created a remastered 3D version of the title that will be available next year for purchase as 3D Classics: Kid Icarus for Nintendo 3DS. However, you’ll be pleased to hear that you can get this amazing title for free and before it goes on sale publicly as part of the Nintendo 3DS Games Registration Reward scheme!

Simply purchase and register two Nintendo 3DS software titles from the list below in Club Nintendo and you‘ll receive a unique Download Code in January to receive 3D Classics: Kid Icarus for free!

Hopefully it's not just new registrations.. As I've already done Zelda and Mario etc.

-edit I checked the T&C and it says Games must be registered between 1st November and 31st January. Also seen you have a chance to win one of 3 themed 3DS's that look pretty cool

Top Bottom