• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
The Zelda statue has vanished before. I guess as a precaution it vanishes as soon as somebody buys it in case people are buying it due to site glitch. Weirdest thing is its not the most expensive item to ever grace the catalogue (that award goes to the Gratia Origin Forme DS which was 30,000 stars...and someone somehow bought it).

What's really irritating is the fact that the Dutch Club Nintendo has the Zelda statue in stock.

http://www.nintendo.nl/NOE/nl_NL/club_nintendo/sterrencatalogus_5823.html

We're all part of Europe. All the items are dispatched from the same place. So, there's absolutely no reason for the Statue to be missing at Club Nintendo UK. And no, I can't log in to Club Nintendo Nederland with the same username and password.

Couple of Last Story codes up for grabs here. I didn't know at the time that these were Euro-only.

CVENOD3EGV1XNMWJ (or CVEN0D3EGV1XNMWJ): The poster that originally game it to me couldn't tell if it was a O or a 0.

MBETXU3C6VEBIY0H

Quote 'em when you grab 'em!

Zomba13

Is it just me or does anyone else think it would have looked better painted?

The gold looks kinda tacky.

Yeah. I was very close to getting one ages ago when they first went up (I was either at the amount of stars or just a little below) but decided against going for it because I didn't like the all gold look (I mean, I would have if it was like, solid/plated proper shiny gold).

Couple of Last Story codes up for grabs here. I didn't know at the time that these were Euro-only.

*codes*

Quote 'em when you grab 'em!
Use the malformed tag trick to hide those (as they are only visible when you quote them). Wouldn't be surprised if lurkers got them. Then again even with that trick we have people using codes and not saying anything :(

[email=oh really?]

I believe that lurkers can get around the email tag thing.
I can't see how. The message hidden in doesn't show up in the page source code but is in the post data. Which would only see if you can quite the post. Lurkers get promted to a login screen when trying that...

Or was there something I missed.

[email=123456789]

Shiggy

Twitter_TrilogyCoinPromotion_v01.png

If somebody has a Pandora's Tower code to share, I'd take it :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still need to register my games, but with my backlog I don't see myself buying Pandora's Tower. I'm really bad when it comes to stars.

Zafir

Just logged into my club nintendo account and on the my account page it says I'm eligible for them. Consequently it must take into account codes registered before.

Wichu

I want the coins, but I'm not particularly interested in Pandora's Tower... I already have Xenoblade and TLS though, so it's the only one I need. I hope they're not all gone before Pandora's Tower bombas :p

wrowa

Oh damn, I can't really afford Pandora's Tower right now, but knowing that I'm so close of getting exclusive stuff hurts :(

Just logged into my club nintendo account and on the my account page it says I'm eligible for them. Consequently it must take into account codes registered before.

Awesome, I'll go and register my Last Story and Pandora's Tower codes then.

Edit: Yep, should pop up when you register your last of the games. I was a bit concerned the Xenoblade special edition wouldn't count since it didn't for the stars bonus but it seems to work fine. The banner you should see once you've registered the final one is this:

ITB-TrilogyCoinPromo_en_GB.png

Suzzopher

I've registered all three games, but don't have any confirmation of being eligible :(

Edit: As soon as I posted that it appeared
ITB-TrilogyCoinPromo_en_GB.png

Well if any of the three needed to be spurred on; its Pandora's tower. Personally, £15 does the trick better :p

Still need to register my games, but with my backlog I don't see myself buying Pandora's Tower. I'm really bad when it comes to stars.
Actually, thats the best way. If they're registered they can expire from your account (after 24 months, gone). If they're on a slip they'll only expire on the date the game does. This is a minimum of 3.5 years after release. Being able to throw a large amount of stars and get something good from the catalogue is better than being forced to spend small change on morsels to avoid it expiring.

There is still some reason for day 1 though. The stars bonus is gone but the post-play survey still pops up about a month after release (have to have register within first few days). Though the survey vanishes after a few days and does tend to Waluigi you if you either go back (using the button they provide) or spend too long answering it.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Yes! ZELDA statue get!!!

The 15,000 points were burning a hole in my pocket....

Do the codes ever expire? Like, would GameCube game pins be useable nowadays?
Hardware does not. Software is yes and no. Short answer. Your gamecube codes stopped working back in...I think 2008.

For games that came out after new terms and conditions (late 2006). 3.5 years after release date unless game sells lots of copies (its basically 3.5 years after they made the last print run but treat it as release date to avoid losing any).

For games from before new terms and conditions. Never but all GBA and Gamecube games have been expired so this is only useful for early DS games. Maybe sometime in 2015 DS will join them.

Edit: 22nd March 2009 it may have been. Given the how the "these will be the only ones line"...at the time I found absence of FFV and FFVI odd..

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Cool freebie. Hadn't registered Last Story yet; Pandora's Tower is in the mail (should arrive monday or tuesday).

Peagles

Hardware does not. Software is yes and no. Short answer. Your gamecube codes stopped working back in...I think 2008.

For games that came out after new terms and conditions (late 2006). 3.5 years after release date unless game sells lots of copies (its basically 3.5 years after they made the last print run but treat it as release date to avoid losing any).

For games from before new terms and conditions. Never but all GBA and Gamecube games have been expired so this is only useful for early DS games. Maybe sometime in 2015 DS will join them.

Edit: 22nd March 2009 it may have been. Given the how the "these will be the only ones line"...at the time I found absence of FFV and FFVI odd..

Yes, they expire. Gamecube and GBA codes expired a few years ago. Newer code cards have an expiration date printed on them.

Thanks for the info :) I'm in NZ but thinking about registering for UK and getting the rewards forwarded from a UK address. Because games are so expensive here most of my games are imported from the UK anyway, and we rarely get anything decent on our own Stars Catalogue. Hmm...

Peagles

Tell me about it. I've got 5200 coins and nothing to spend them on -_-

Hehe yeh, it's pretty dire. I buy tons of games and so far I've got Game & Watch Collection 1 and 2, Super NES Classic Controller, and some Kid Icarus AR Cards (haven't arrived yet though). Still got a few games to redeem and points sitting on there though.

I want the Game & Watch Ball from the UK Stars Catalogue! Heck even stuff like the Kirby Frisbee, Gold Wii Wheel, backpacks, and soundtracks would be nice to have in Aus/NZ Club Nintendo!

Thanks for the info :) I'm in NZ but thinking about registering for UK and getting the rewards forwarded from a UK address. Because games are so expensive here most of my games are imported from the UK anyway, and we rarely get anything decent on our own Stars Catalogue. Hmm...

If you are in need of a UK address let me know. I would be happy to send them on to you.

Murkas

I've never won anything in my life...

3cvlE.jpg

I picked Toad as well!

Can't wait until May/June, will provide pics off course!

I've never won anything in my life...

http://i.imgur.com/3cvlE.jpg[IMG]

I picked Toad as well!

Can't wait til May/June, will provide pics off course[/QUOTE]
Congrats on joining the club! :p

I guess some people forgot to validate their addresses (SECTION 5!!!), hence the new batch of people winning. Suckers!!

Top Bottom