• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN Republican Debate 8pm EST Jan 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewLib

Banned
You know if Huckabee wasnt such a evangelical and controlled by that base, he might not be a bad nominee.

NewLib said:
You know if Huckabee wasnt such a evangelical and controlled by that base, he might not be a bad nominee.
yeah, he often has very reasoned answers, but then like you said there is that whole evangenical thing so....

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
NewLib said:

Yeah, my girlfriend and I think he has the best public persona of all the Republican nominees. He seems like a pretty personable guy.

Tamanon

Banned
NewLib said:

I can understand the evangelical bit, but what makes you think he's controlled by that base?

McCain/Romney full on assault mode activated!

NewLib

Banned
Tamanon said:
I can understand the evangelical bit, but what makes you think he's controlled by that base?

McCain/Romney full on assault mode activated!

Any President who plans on going 8 years are controlled in some part by the people who put them there. Thats why one term limit and maybe 6 year terms might be a better option.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
McCain and Romney both being reasonable about global warming, though Romney took more pains to frame it in terms of energy independence.

Science 2, TechCentralStation 0.

Vgamer

jamesinclair said:
Am I the only one who falls asleep when McCain talks?

Half the time it seems like McCain is going to fall asleep in the middle of his own sentence so I dont think your the only one!

Tamanon

Banned
:lol :lol Anderson Cooper. "I SWEAR you're going to get a chance later on to answer a question we've already gone past with the other 3"

Huckabee is having a great debate so far.

Everyone seems rather reasonable on global warming. I don't know whether they're simply pandering because Arnold is in their presence, or whether they honestly believe global warming is an issue.

Tamanon

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Everyone seems rather reasonable on global warming. I don't know whether they're simply pandering because Arnold in in their presence, or whether they honestly believe global warming is an issue.

It's mainly because they're not connected with the oil industry yet.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Why does CNN always opt for a post-apocalyptic look for all their debates?

I fully expect the next debate to have faulty grenades strewn from the ceiling instead of balloons.

avaya

Huckabee is great :lol

PhoenixDark said:
Everyone seems rather reasonable on global warming. I don't know whether they're simply pandering because Arnold in in their presence, or whether they honestly believe global warming is an issue.

They're pandering to Californian's.

In the other debates the subject was treated with contempt.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I don't understand the people who complained about Thompson being boring, when his answers were direct, to the point, and contained substance. McCain comes across as excruciatingly boring to me, and says nice things but doesn't explain how on earth he plans to do any of these things he's promising. McCain is boring me to tears

NewLib

Banned
avaya said:
Huckabee is great :lol

They're pandering to Californian's.

In the other debates the subject was treated with contempt.

To be fair, Huckabee and McCain both seem to really care about the environment and I believe have talked about it at length during the campaign.

reilo

McCain's white hair blends nicely in with the white of the old AF1 airplane.

avaya

NewLib said:
To be fair, Huckabee and McCain both seem to really care about the environment and I believe have talked about it at length during the campaign.

I agree with that, unfortunately 9-11, the corpse and Romney were leading the lol-brigade.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
such empty talk about not taking money from China. what policies can actually be enacted that conforms to the WTO and allows that to happen? the twin roots of the problem lies in our unending consumerism and the massive trade deficit with, guess who - China! China businesses and the gov't just take the positive cash flow from this net trade and 'reinvests' it back in the US.

Tamanon

Banned
JohnTinker probably heard this, but I was driving to the mall and got about 4 minutes of Sean Hannity on the radio. It was a lengthy segment of him saying he was wrong and McCain was right on several issues. Was that a comedy bit he was doing or was he actually changing his stand?

avaya

Tamanon said:
JohnTinker probably heard this, but I was driving to the mall and got about 4 minutes of Sean Hannity on the radio. It was a lengthy segment of him saying he was wrong and McCain was right on several issues. Was that a comedy bit he was doing or was he actually changing his stand?

9-11 is endorsing McCain. Hannity got the memo. Seen this shift on Hannity and Colmes too.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Tamanon said:
I wasn't listening today, it probably was comedy

reilo

Tamanon said:

What? A Fox News correspondent catering to the eventual Republican nominee? I'm shocked.

His dick swings to where the wind blows.

Tamanon

Banned
avaya said:
9-11 is endorsing McCain. Hannity got the memo. Seen this shift on Hannity and Colmes too.

Makes sense I guess, he was just going through a laundry list of things and saying "Well I guess McCain was right, I was wrong then and am sorry", bizarre.

Tamanon said:

It's time for the national republicans and conservative pundits to get on the train and forget everything they hate about Mccain.

Hannity: "He's not so bad on immigration after all!"

thekad

Banned
jamesinclair said:
McCain: "We must cut spending by keeping our troops in iraq for years and cutting taxes"

I dont get how this guy is winning

Reagan would have said, "Yes." Can't get any more concrete than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom