• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN Republican Debate 8pm EST Jan 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
Tamanon said:
I dunno, McCain is coming across as a pretty dirty player here:p

Do Republican voters care?

Sincere question. And I suppose the question could be asked of all voters seeing as how Hillary will probably be the Democratic candidate.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
this cannot be spun as a positive for McCain. he's hammering a broken point that's disingenuous at heart and Romney is rightly alluding to the fact that McCain is lying. even Andersoon Cooper is siding with Romney!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Tamanon said:
I dunno, McCain is coming across as a pretty dirty player here:p

Yeah, I'm seeing him the same way right now.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Romney's anger about this is maybe the first time I've believed in an emotion he's projected. Yikes.

scorcho

i see why McCain and Hillary are such good friends now...

...wait. did McCain just spend 10 seconds drawing giant parenthesis on his paper? :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Romney with a good point "I didn't have an opinion on a national policy while I was a governor, because I was trying to be a governor":lol

This is just awful for McCain.:lol

Diablos

But still, McCain scares the crap out of me. For some reason I can see him winning in the general. I'm really starting to have my doubts about the Dems being able to win.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Tamanon said:
Romney with a good point "I didn't have an opinion on a national policy while I was a governor, because I was trying to be a governor":lol

This is just awful for McCain.:lol

Exactly. That is a perfectly reasonable response. I'd rather my governor worry about the workings of the state than having his or her mind on something they have no control over.

McCain sounded confused as hell when he tried to wiggle out of his corner.

And Ron Paul is ranting.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
scorcho said:
McCain has the most condescending facial reactions of any politician i can remember.

How much you want to bet that his patronizing smiles don't get the play that Gore's eye-rolling did in 2000?

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
I'm no Paul supporter but that rant was spot on. The contempt in McCain and Romney's eyes towards him is embarrassing.

Tamanon

Banned
What the hell is McCain talking about?

"We're going to be there for some period of time, it's about American casualties not presence?"

Seriously, what in the hell?

npm0925

McCain's looking really bad. Clinton would demolish this guy in a debate, and Bill would piss him off to no end from the sidelines.

scorcho

all i heard from Paul was - don't listen to the falsehood from one side, listen to my false choice and choose between this false dichotomy! roar roar roar.

NewLib said:
McCain is about as good at playing dirty politics as Obama is.
you're giving Obama too much credit - he doesn't flat out lie in his criticisms a la McCain.

Tamanon

Banned
scorcho said:
all i heard from Paul was - don't listen to the falsehood from one side, listen to my false choice and choose between this false dichotomy! roar roar roar.

Maybe if he threw a "hope" and a "change" in there somewhere you'd understand it?:p

scorcho

Tamanon said:
Maybe if he threw a "hope" and a "change" in there somewhere you'd understand it?:p
no, but something other than 'non-interventionist' would be swell.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
NewLib said:
McCain is about as good at playing dirty politics as Obama is.
What?

McCain himself might not be so open and outright about it, but his campaign is downright NASTY. Some of the messages that were left on our answering machine over the last few days were absolutely vicious. We had 3 left on the answering machine JUST on Tuesday, one in particular was at 6am, one hour before the polls even opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom