• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN Republican Debate 8pm EST Jan 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
NewLib said:
To be fair, Huckabee and McCain both seem to really care about the environment and I believe have talked about it at length during the campaign.

This is true, Huckabee especially seems to be quite the naturalist.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Stoney Mason said:
It's time for the national republicans and conservative pundits to get on the train and forget everything they hate about Mccain.

I don't remember much from '00 elections, but were Fox part of the train driving the "smear McCain, elect Bush" campaign?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
THANK YOU MITT for explaining McCain's view in the amnesty bill

edit: just to be clear, the Hannity bit WAS comedy. Sean is not a McCain supporter

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
scorcho said:
such empty talk about not taking money from China. what policies can actually be enacted that conforms to the WTO and allows that to happen? the twin roots of the problem lies in our unending consumerism and the massive trade deficit with, guess who - China! China businesses and the gov't just take the positive cash flow from this net trade and 'reinvests' it back in the US.

Like these guys are going to be coherent on international finance. The whole point is China is bad and scary and will beat us at some mercantilist game.

Remember when Japan was the yellow menace? Those were the days.

PS McCain: "We lost because we were spending too much." Yes, John. Let's see the GOP campaign on significant cuts in government programs. Please.

reilo said:
I don't remember much from '00 elections, but were Fox part of the train driving the "smear McCain, elect Bush" campaign?

I can't really remember honestly although it was a pretty unified front with the establishment on Bush from the conservative side going back to the whole "will he run thing".

Tamanon

Banned
avaya said:
He did say "in like 2mins....um like 2 questions or something"

OK, 2 more questions my ass!:p

At least take the bad press of not inviting him if you're going to invite him and not include him at all. Why not just sit him at another table with a disconnected microphone?

HylianTom

Banned
Tamanon said:

At least take the bad press of not inviting him if you're going to invite him and not include him at all. Why not just sit him at another table with a disconnected microphone?

Like a children's table at Thanksgiving?

reilo

Wow. They just let Huckabee talk for 6 mins on the O'Conner appointment, and cut Paul off after 4 seconds.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh I want Paul to snap and just start bashing Anderson Cooper's head against the desk after asking him for an answer, then cutting him off after 3 words and moving on to another rhetoric.

avaya

Fox was part of the GOP campaign to smear McCain in 2000. If anyone hasn't seen Outfoxed, you should. A great insight into Murdoch's world.

Tamanon said:

Yeah it's pretty silly. However Ron Paul will get his word in. He always does.

EDIT: CNN has a 30second delay here, guess that's how long it takes to go from satellite to the UK, optical to Sky and then up to the Sky satellite and back down to my dish. :lol

Tamanon

Banned
avaya said:
Fox was part of the GOP campaign to smear McCain in 2000. If anyone hasn't seen Outfoxed, you should. A great insight into Murdoch's world.

Yeah it's pretty silly. However Ron Paul will get his word in. He always does.

Yup, he just got "strict constitutionalist" in.....that's all.:lol

reilo

Tamanon said:
Oh I want Paul to snap and just start bashing Anderson Cooper's head against the desk after asking him for an answer, then cutting him off after 3 words and moving on to another rhetoric.

Democracy in action?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Tamanon said:
The man is what, 73 years old?

reilo

Mandark said:
They should apportion speaking time based on public support, that way Ron Paul could...

oh.

If they apportioned speaking time based on financial support, McCain would never get a word in, but Paul would have the most speaking time.

JohnTinker said:
The man is what, 73 years old?

Ahnald is in his 60s. Would you take him on?

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Mandark said:
Like these guys are going to be coherent on international finance. The whole point is China is bad and scary and will beat us at some mercantilist game.

Remember when Japan was the yellow menace? Those were the days.
the good old 80s, they're buying all our American corporations! They're taking over Wall Street! How can we ever stop them!

thekad

Banned
TO be honest, Paul pretty much has the same response to every single question - "monetary policy, imperialism, constitution." And his voice is grating, to say the least.

Tamanon

Banned
thekad said:
TO be honest, Paul pretty much has the same response to every single question - "monetary policy, imperialism, constitution." And his voice is grating, to say the least.

Yes, his voice isn't as soothing and calming as McCain'szzzzzzzz

reilo

Alcander said:
did you guys know that anderson is gay? Was I totally out of the loop? I just found out

Let's check Wikipedia!

reilo

His public reticence contrasts deliberately with his mother's life spent in the spotlight of tabloid journalists and her publication of memoirs explicitly detailing her affairs with celebrities.[6] Independent news media have reported that he is gay,[7][8][9] and in May 2007, Out magazine ranked him second among "The Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America."[10]

Wikipedia says it! It must be true.

Tamanon

Banned
I kinda want to see Paul answer this question, because I think he'd agree that Bush tried to destroy the Republican party.:lol

reilo

It's offensive to Romney that someone suggested he might support a withdrawal from Iraq?

Wow.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Defending our country != invading Iraq. And what defines "winning"? Mitt is a moron.

Edit - sorry, guess "winning" means "getting rid of terrorists forever". Seems reasonable:p

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Romney gives the same basic answer that McCain did a while back.

Paraphrased: "We lost our way by spending too much on domestic programs. In order to win again, we need to embrace unpopular things like the war, and ditch popular things like social programs!"

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
McCain's fake smile/smirk (aka - shit eating grin) is quite...disconcerting.

McCain's allusion to being on the front lines is nice, but this isn't Vietnam.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Pretty shifty of McCain.

Lie about Romney's stance, make him deny it, and giggle when he defends himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom