• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Sessions didn't disclose Russian meetings to DOJ

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
AG Sessions did not disclose meetings with Russian officials, DOJ says

Washington--(CNN)Attorney General Jeff Sessions did not disclose meetings he had last year with Russian officials when he applied for his security clearance, the Justice Department told CNN Wednesday.

Sessions, who met with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak at least two times last year, didn't note those interactions on the form, which requires him to list "any contact" he or his family had with a "foreign government" or its "representatives" over the past seven years, officials said.

The new information from the Justice Department is the latest example of Sessions failing to disclose contacts he had with Russian officials. He has come under withering criticism from Democrats following revelations that he did not disclose the same contacts with Kislyak during his Senate confirmation hearings earlier this year.

Sessions initially listed a year's worth of meetings with foreign officials on the security clearance form, according to Justice Department spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores. But she says he and his staff were then told by an FBI employee who assisted in filling out the form, known as the SF-86, that he didn't need to list dozens of meetings with foreign ambassadors that happened in his capacity as a senator.

The FBI declined to comment for this story.

Make it three scoops, I'm not driving.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/jeff-sessions-russian-officials-meetings/index.html?adkey=bn

Attorney General Jeff Sessions did not disclose meetings he had last year with Russian officials when he applied for his security clearance, the Justice Department told CNN Wednesday.

Sessions, who met with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak at least two times last year, didn't note those interactions on the form, which requires him to list "any contact" he or his family had with a "foreign government" or its "representatives" over the past seven years, officials said.

The new information from the Justice Department is the latest example of Sessions failing to disclose contacts he had with Russian officials. He has come under withering criticism from Democrats following revelations that he did not disclose the same contacts with Kislyak during his Senate confirmation hearings earlier this year.

Zyae

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/jeff-sessions-russian-officials-meetings/index.html?adkey=bn

Attorney General Jeff Sessions did not disclose meetings he had last year with Russian officials when he applied for his security clearance, the Justice Department told CNN Wednesday.

Mauddib

Banned
Is this new? I thought I read something about this already. Honestly it's hard to keep track.

So is this illegal or can it just be chalked up to negligence and forgotten like everything else seems to be.

I love the afternoons

giphy.gif

Cagey

Banned
I would be disbarred for what our nation's Attorney General gets to "aw shucks sorry fellas I forgot" his way out of.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is this new? I thought I read something about this already. Honestly it's hard to keep track.

So is this illegal or can it just be chalked up to negligence and forgotten like everything else seems to be.
I thought I read this a few months ago too.

Did he specifically and only omit the Russian ambassador or all ambassador meetings he had as Senator ?

Because it isn't clear from the article and with these idiots stupidity is often the most likely explanation.

Trey

Stands to reason if he didn't do so in the confirmation hearing, he wouldn't have done so at the security clearance interview.

Just another order of light treason.

Mimosa97

I don't understand how conservative outlets are still able to spin this and convince trump supporters that there's nothing to see here. Like how ?
Why would Sessions lie about these meetings if he has nothing to hide ? How can you say there's no russian meddling with all the evidence piling up ?

I know their only answer is that there's a giant liberal conspiracy and that the deep state is responsible but did the deep state make Sessions lie about meeting the russian ambassador ? Huh ?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
BOOM.

Any story that implicates Sessions is a good story.

I don't understand how conservative outlets are still able to spin this and convince trump supporters that there's nothing to see here. Like how ?
Why would Sessions lie about these meetings if he has nothing to hide ? How can you say there's no russian meddling with all the evidence piling up ?

I know their only answer is that there's a giant liberal conspiracy and that the deep state is responsible but did the deep state make Sessions lie about meeting the russian ambassador ? Huh ?

trump supporters = idiots.

Trey

I thought I read this a few months ago too.

That was during the Senate confirmation hearing. Then it was revealed he did in fact meet with Russian officials, which contradicted his testimony. It lead to Sessions recusing himself from the DOJ Russian investigation.

This story is that he also didn't tell the DOJ about his meetings with Russian officials when he was given security clearance. So this is yet another government body he lied to.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
That was during the Senate confirmation hearing. Then it was revealed he did in fact meet with Russian officials, which contradicted his testimony. It lead to Sessions recusing himself from the DOJ Russian investigation.

This story is that he also didn't tell the DOJ about his meetings with Russian officials when he was given security clearance. So this is yet another government body he lied to.

Thanks. Got it now.

Top Bottom