• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD 4 Beta Thread

raYne

rubso said:
what's going on guys? I though registering in charlieoscardelta is enough?
Yeah, you're fine. Pass that along to your friends.

traveler said:
Why don't we wait till we know who's in before we post GTs?
That's not why people are posting GTs. :lol

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
I get home from work to find a clusterfuck of a beta invite.

So what the heck do you have to do now? Is there a countdown to another open registration? Is there another site giving official news? Did the number one third party in the game industry REALLY screw this up to an internet-collapsing level?

Really?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
EMBee99 said:
I get home from work to find a clusterfuck of a beta invite.

So what the heck do you have to do now? Is there a countdown to another open registration? Is there another site giving official news? Did the number one third party in the game industry REALLY screw this up to an internet-collapsing level?

Really?
Brief summary:

1) Whole Internet F5's CharlieOscarDelta.com for the best part of an hour before the beta instructions were supposed to be started.

2) COD.com starts failing to load.

3) COD.com goes down; redirects to Activision.com

4) Activision.com goes down.

5) Fourzerotwo posts the instructions on his blog at fourzerotwo.com

6) Fourzerotwo posts on GAF.

7) Everyone posts Gamertags.

8) Profit???

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
oh what the hell,I still wont get in :lol

GT : matrixadw

Nameless

Gamertag:
Sage Deschain

I don't even know why I'm posting it, but I've been at work sicne 12pm and missed all of the festivities.

MechDX

Nameless said:
Gamertag:
Sage Deschain

I don't even know why I'm posting it, but I've been at work sicne 12pm and missed all of the festivities.

HOLY SHIT THG! I didnt know you posted under this name here.:lol

Nameless

MechDX said:
HOLY SHIT THG! I didnt know you posted under this name here.:lol

LMFAO. Why do you think I havn't posted on Modojo/CC/XG regularly in like three years? Gave up the whole forum thing for about a year, and then accepted the blessings offered by GAF in 05.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Why are people posting their gamertags?

The instructions on how to enter are on fourzerotwo.com.

Oh, and he's just posted:

fourzerotwo said:
In a matter of an hour and a half from posting the First Wave Beta Lotto on Charlieoscardelta.com the Internetz Explodededed..... again.

5:01 pm - CharlieOscardelta.com Dies.

5:05 pm - CharlieOscarDelta.com puts up Maintenance Mode Message.

5:45 pm - CharlieOscarDelta.com redirects to Activision.com

5:46 pm - Activision.com Dies.

5:47 pm - CharlieOscarDelta.com redirects back to CharlieOscarDelta.com (still dead)

6:00 pm - Various news sites pick up stories.

6:05 pm - Various news sites Die.

Despite all of that, we're still getting the message out to you and you're getting questions back via comments, forum posts around various message boards, and via my personal Xbox Live Inbox (I'm sorry Microsoft...).

I'm going to try and address as many comments as I can at once:

"what a douchebag move"

- I know... It's what I do. Douche things up.

"OMGF I put 20 cap!?1! WTF"

- No fears, We'll take 20 as a viable answer... I'm not such a douchebag after all.

"How will we know if we got it?"

- You'll receive a token in your inbox as early as tonight or as late as next week. It's all about which wave you're in.

"Subject! Subject! I didn't put a subject"

- It's okay. Subject Doesn't matter.

"How many more hoops r you going to make people jump through?"

- Next is blood samples and a PT test.

Last but not least...

"how r i get beta?"

- This is just the first early wave of people. There's plenty of more opportunities coming, including the massive opening at the end of the week on Charlieoscardelta.com via the countdown timer. So you still have hope!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If i get into the beta on the first wave. Swear I will buy COD4 on launch day. I will still probably buy it on launch even if i dont get in. Please let me in.....

UncleGuito said:
?

When is it opening to the public, then?
It seems soon according to the post about the new update:

"how r i get beta?"

- This is just the first early wave of people. There's plenty of more opportunities coming, including the massive opening at the end of the week on Charlieoscardelta.com via the countdown timer. So you still have hope!

JdFoX187

Banned
I love how there are so many false starts when it comes to this Beta. Last Saturday and now today...both times have crashed COD. I wonder if they're not doing this on purpose to stress test the site :lol

MThanded

I missed what happened in this thread while i was getting raped by big daddies in bioshock. Someone please fill me in.

Grecco

"how r i get beta?"

:lol I seriously laughed at this one. Well played

JdFoX187

Banned
MThanded said:
I missed what happened in this thread while i was getting raped by big daddies in bioshock. Someone please fill me in.

cjelly said:
Brief summary:

1) Whole Internet F5's CharlieOscarDelta.com for the best part of an hour before the beta instructions were supposed to be started.

2) COD.com starts failing to load.

3) COD.com goes down; redirects to Activision.com

4) Activision.com goes down.

5) Fourzerotwo posts the instructions on his blog at fourzerotwo.com

6) Fourzerotwo posts on GAF.

7) Everyone posts Gamertags.

8) Profit???

Dartastic

Sweet Jesus YES they are taking 20 as a viable answer. Now the question is, Will they filter me out because I sent two emails, one saying 20, then one saying 11? GUAH! FATES BE WITH ME!

BuG

Dartastic said:
Sweet Jesus YES they are taking 20 as a viable answer. Now the question is, Will they filter me out because I sent two emails, one saying 20, then one saying 11? GUAH! FATES BE WITH ME!
If they're taking a wrong answer as a correct one they probably don't really give a shit.

MThanded

Phase 2: Send a self addresss stamped envelope and your left nut in it to infinity ward headquarters will send beta code by pidgeon back to your house. Note:must be sent using parcel post and arrived the next day

Phase 3: Send your copies of bioshock along with limited edition big daddy figurine to infinity ward headquarters. Note: must arrived undamaged and before US release date.

Phase 4: Kill yourself then log onto COD.com where your beta code will be PMed to you after proof of death.

These are all more than possible....

Dartastic said:
^dont shit your pants... itll be ok(20 is fucking wrong though)

Sadly, if we all get into the beta we will worship you fourzerotwo.

ArtG

As much as I want to get into the COD4 beta, Rapture is beckoning me for at least a couple more days. Hopefully the beta will be completely open right around the time I complete the GOTC.

Edit: Oh yeah, just in case this actually works.

GT: Lord McMuffin

GT GodfatherX360

come on fourzerotwo im following you on twitter!

and avid said your the coolest community guy in the wold

am i done sucking up?

GodfatherX said:
GT GodfatherX360

come on fourzerotwo im following you on twitter!

and avid said your the coolest community guy in the wold

am i done sucking up?

Too much sucking up, to the back of the line with you.

Top Bottom