• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD 4 Beta Thread

MercuryLS

Banned
bjscott05 said:
Here is an update on the status of the BETA:

Nice! :D

I'm working so much this week that I'll most probably miss this, I pray that they release it late at night so I have a chance to get in.

Quazar

MercuryLS said:
I'm working so much this week that I'll most probably miss this, I pray that they release it late at night so I have a chance to get in.

Yea I might miss it.(depending how they do it) I always get burned with betas. ITS NOT RIGHT.

tehama

don't know about general public tokens, but the Press tokens just went out a few mins ago. about to download the beta now

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I missed the press e-mail. Damn you Gmail Spam filter!

I just replied so hopefully I'll get an e-mail within a day or so.

tehama

TekunoRobby said:
I missed the press e-mail. Damn you Gmail Spam filter!

I just replied so hopefully I'll get an e-mail within a day or so.

They seemed to have been pretty quick with it. The token redemption e-mail came about 12 hours after the press email requesting gamertags. Doesn't get much faster than that.

You have to login to view this thread: http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=18902&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Preamble:
We worked hard to get this beta done July 26th. Since then we've been working on logistical issues, MS cert, what would be involved to make everything work internationally, number of keys, and a bunch of other boring non-game stuff. Most of it is just related to being the first 3rd party console game to offer a beta.

Now there are even more logistical issues coming up. Streetwise is pumping up their servers in an effort for charlieoscardelta to be able to handle the beta traffic. Additionally, since they are testing the new servers right now they can't really update them. So putting up countdowns, changing and testing the scripts to gather info for tokens, etc would have to wait a bit.

24 hour notice:
But we've been playing the beta internally, and it's so much fun we are dying to play with you. So... let's blow off waiting for the site and just consider this the countdown -- there will be a way for people to register for the beta starting 5pm PST tomorrow. Some of those will be playing as early as tomorrow night.. tick tock tick tock.

The roll out:
The beta is going to roll out in waves. Rather than just putting a million people in the beta and hope nothing goes wrong, we will ramp up the playercount over time.

As fourzerotwo mentioned, right now some friends/family are testing. The press will be joining in the next couple days -- including those of you who make it into the first wave.

No worries if you aren't in the very first wave (most won't be), we should have a new wave of players every day or so as we ramp up.

Details on how to register for your chance to be in the beta will be posted tomorrow at 5pm PST*. So stay tuned for details, it will be a limited time offer.

*= this may not be the only way to ever get in the beta, but it is the way to have a chance to get in the early waves.

Joates

Banned
Looks like I will be sitting in front of my computer at 8 tomorrow, constantly refreshing a down website, goody.

Damnit, I registered on that site about an hour ago and still didn't get a registration email. And yes, I checked my mails, the adress is right and I clicked the button to resend the mail.

Hammer24

Banned
Klaxon said:
Damnit, I registered on that site about an hour ago and still didn't get a registration email. And yes, I checked my mails, the adress is right and I clicked the button to resend the mail.

Same here - just that I already registered yesterday... :/

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Klaxon said:
I didn't get the registration e-mail either until I told it to resend it.

Make sure that it didn't get hosed by your spam filter.

BuG

People on that forum page are saying friends of theirs tried to register about a week ago and they still haven't received their email. They then go on to speculate registration has been cutoff to allow those who registered beforehand to get in on the first wave or somethign like that. I forgot I even registered a couple of months ago until trying to register just before.

erdit: Maybe not then.

I'm downloading the beta right now- I'm gonna go pick up Bioshock and hopefully it'll be done by the time I get back. My plan for the day is COD4 beta -> Bioshock -> COD4 -> Bioshock

:lol

FrankT

UncleGuito said:
I'm downloading the beta right now- I'm gonna go pick up Bioshock and hopefully it'll be done by the time I get back. My plan for the day is COD4 beta -> Bioshock -> COD4 -> Bioshock

Get me in, gah! You and all your connections, Ken Levine one day, COD4 Beta the next. I need some connections....

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
UncleGuito said:

My plans exactly!

Gimme yer GamerTag dude, let's play a few matches tonight.

TekunoRobby said:
My plans exactly!

Gimme yer GamerTag dude, let's play a few matches tonight.
If you're downloading right now, I'll be up for a game in less than an hour.

I don't have any plans for the day since I'm moving back to school tomorrow morning, so it'll be spent all with my 360.

dante786

Banned
So wait, i can get into the beta by going online to charlieoscardelta.com tommorow at 5pm PST and signing up, well, this can give me a chance right??

Killer

Banned
dante786 said:
So wait, i can get into the beta by going online to charlieoscardelta.com tommorow at 5pm PST and signing up, well, this can give me a chance right??

you mean TONIGHT.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
UncleGuito said:

I don't have any plans for the day since I'm moving back to school tomorrow morning, so it'll be spent all with my 360.

Lucky bastard...

Hopefully I'm home in time to get in on this tomorrow afternoon...

EDIT: What the crap - TODAY? I won't be home today till late tonight!!! Noooooooooooooooo!!! :(

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Err... im press... pressed to get into the fucking beta!!!!!

Edit: Oh shit by tommorow they meant today at 8oclock for the east coast. f5 f5 f5 f5.....

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
UncleGuito said:
I won't be able to get into it until ~8pm EST (I think). Hopefully that's not too late/early for you.

Arne are you down for a few matches as well?

TekunoRobby said:
I won't be able to get into it until ~8pm EST (I think). Hopefully that's not too late/early for you.
I've been playing the beta for the past hour. I'll prolly play it a little bit more, then get back to Bioshock. Then tonight, it's gonna be COD4 time again (8pm EST sounds fine).

There aren't very many people online right now (only a couple dozen) since it's still press & family only, which is why I'm gonna hold off until tonight to really start playing.

Top Bottom