• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Ghosts 30 min livestream on Game Informer (June 9th 1PM CT/2PM ET)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
If I'm going to play a linear military campaign, I'd rather play a CoD than a Battlefield any fuckin' day of the week.

Although this year I'm not sure I'll buy either. Battlefield 4 will surely have a big showing tomorrow. Excited!

Stream was pretty compressed so i won't comment too much on graphics yet, but the gameplay didn't really impress me.
Lots of scripted Call of Duty stuff where there is little to do.

And the dog idea... i dunno man. That is one smart killer dog. And why not shoot the motherfucking dog?

Maybe i'm just CoD tired.

KaiserBecks

Well you are clearly talking out of your ass. Underwater guns fire subsonic rounds that are more than capable of being deadly and fairly accurate within the first 100-150 meters and then lose all their effectiveness beyond that.

You'd be lucky to hit anything beyond 50 meters.

Endless

1370803290-cod-ghosts-server-room-takedown.jpg

FirewalkR

Again those old animations,been spoiled by BF3,Metro Last Light how smooth that runs. It really shows how old this engine is my god.

I haven't seen the live feed so I can't speak for the gameplay animations (I'd not be surprised if they're not that great) but I hope you're not criticizing the animations based on this specific clip, where it's clearly a scripted event with scripted animations, and looks really cool.

On an unrelated note, badass dog is awesome, he's like a freaking direwolf busting out of that door grabbing the soldier! :D

Arnie

I think the graphics look like quite an improvement, especially considering that it runs at 60fps/1080p; the animation blending looks crap, though.

I still down believe Deep down was in game...hope I'm wrong though.

There's a video somewhere in a thread here that shows an analysis of that trailer and points out aliasing, as well as all sorts of rendering artifacts, some low res shadow textures and other evidence that deep down is running in real time.

Jhoan

Not sure if GIFs have been made yet.

dogexplosionbaq3k.gif

This looks like it would make a great banned GIF.

The footage was ok. Riley the Rough Rider Super Dog was tearing stuff up. Lighting looks great but not much else.

I did find that last bit where the soldiers burst out the door to be completely absurd. Unless South American soldiers of the future are roided up or taking some kind of a drug that gives them super human strength, that was comically bad.

darilaho

Banned
Big disappointing, Crysis 3 and killzone shadow fall looks way too better, this is the same COD only with a dog, which makes me wonder why you bring a dog to the battleground, i thought military dogs was used to find explosives, i see PETA coming

Batigol

Banned
Okay let's break down that GIF;

A single dog jumps in a window, makes a lot of noise. A few seconds later 5 trained guys with weapons somehow break down a wooden door so it explodes and they all come running out, one guy firing over his head and apparently hitting on of his own ... None of them thought of shooting the dog.

The door explodes for fuck sake!

Is this a fucking comedy act?

Haha I never noticed that guy firing backwards into his team

I understand being cynical about COD but as someone who has never bought a COD game, I felt like this was interesting and might be a game I might buy for the PS4 at launch. I thought it looked cool and even though its not the most graphically polished next gen title. I excuse it a little bit since it is a cross-gen title and they probably started working on this game long before they knew the specs for the next gen consoles and plus I'm use to the COD teams never having the best art teams. Even with that in mind, I liked what they did so far with this title.

But eh, to each their own.

Duxxy3

If I'm going to play a linear military campaign, I'd rather play a CoD than a Battlefield any fuckin' day of the week.

Although this year I'm not sure I'll buy either. Battlefield 4 will surely have a big showing tomorrow. Excited!

The Bad Company games were fun because they didn't take themselves seriously.

Battlefield 3 campaign was a disaster because it took itself waaaaaaaaay too seriously.

fishbang

The dog should be controlled like the ant-lions from Half-Life 2. You toss milk bones or beggin' strips and he attacks anything in that area.

MochaBearX

Neo Member
Looks alright, not sure if I'm ever to buy another COD. There could be hope though. I'm patiently waiting for the BF4 multiplayer to be revealed.

Maybe if I pretend like I'm playing a fantasy game if I play this I could keep my sanity, maybe, but I would have to try really hard. Realistic games that break realism in huge ways really get to me.

Top Bottom