• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Ghosts 30 min livestream on Game Informer (June 9th 1PM CT/2PM ET)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The bad guys were in the midst of a breach when the dog ran in and scared the bajeesus out of them.

Its perfectly clear.

Not to be that guy... but it's funny if you compare and contrast the dog segments in CoDG and BF4.

CoD rambo dog forces an entire room of AR carrying soldiers to bust through a doorway scared for their lives and helpless.

In BF4 the Irish character shoots one dog and punches the other in the face... lol.

tranciful

tumblr_m7nqxbUlfU1qhlisw.gif

:clap:

ekim

That underwater demo looked next gen, the other demo not so... Have they said on which platform they were shown? The dog stuff looks nice IMHO.

Not to be that guy... but it's funny if you compare and contrast the dog segments in CoDG and BF4.

CoD rambo dog forces an entire room of AR carrying soldiers to bust through a doorway scared for their lives and helpless.

In BF4 the Irish character shoots one dog and punches the other in the face... lol.
I just want to see this from the opposite angle now. You're in a tense segment of a co-op spec ops setting charges for a breach - you're armed, reloaded and ready for the cut to slow mo when-

*record scratch*

-a fucking combat dog jumps at your face from offscreen.

The fallout would be hilarious to watch.

Tamerlane

Banned
really excited for more of these Hardcore Games on the xbox one. Makes up for DRM and the bhopal chemical disaster and stuff if I can play some Dog duty with my bros

calder

I kinda liked the underwater stuff, I thought it looked interesting. Visually it was merely ok-to-good, but I'm a sucker for those elaborate set pieces. I do completely agree that CoD is way, way too dependent on riffing on established sequences: this was totally All Ghillied Up Part III Electric Bugaloo. If ppl are calling this stuff tired I have no problem seeing that point of view, maybe it helps I skipped the last CoD entirely.

The dog stuff looked worse visually and I dunno, something about having that dog kill dudes for you felt weird, which is obviously a strange reaction. If I'm playing a game and am about to die before a dog saves me it's great, but something about this setting makes using the dog to kill a seemingly unarmed guy walking down a path on the woods kind almost... icky.

I agree the story will almost certainly suck ass, MW2 especially was a totally fucking gibberish plot poorly told, but maybe the story being far enough removed from actual reality will help. This is basically post apocalyptic near future scifi now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I kinda liked the underwater stuff, I thought it looked interesting. Visually it was merely ok-to-good, but I'm a sucker for those elaborate set pieces. I do completely agree that CoD is way, way too dependent on riffing on established sequences: this was totally All Ghillied Up Part III Electric Bugaloo. If ppl are calling this stuff tired I have no problem seeing that point of view, maybe it helps I skipped the last CoD entirely.

The dog stuff looked worse visually and I dunno, something about having that dog kill dudes for you felt weird, which is obviously a strange reaction. If I'm playing a game and am about to die before a dog saves me it's great, but something about this setting makes using the dog to kill a seemingly unarmed guy walking down a path on the woods kind almost... icky.

I agree the story will almost certainly suck ass, MW2 especially was a totally fucking gibberish plot poorly told, but maybe the story being far enough removed from actual reality will help. This is basically post apocalyptic near future scifi now.

My issue with it is that it's completely divorced from reality. Even more than usual. In All Ghillied Up at least it felt sniper-y. But that right there was not scuba. At all. Not even close. Might as well have been in space.

And to fire an explosive from a sunken, leaning lighthouse? Just retarded. No one with any brains would do that. And the depth he sank in 3-4 seconds probably would have burst his ears, he probably would have lost consciousness, the water should have filled his mask when the hose broke, and he should be dead.

Just sayin.

Fabrik

Banned
Everything about it (bar graphics, if that) looked last-gen.
But it's COD, innovation is not going to come from that franchise.

That was terrible. Was more of a tour guide in a combat zone, given how often orders were barked at you and how specific they were.

This better have Spec Ops.

hesido

Just watched the underwater level...

Looks nice, would look better at 60fps, the video doesn't do it justice.. BUT.. That DOF! The unnecessary DOF caused some scenes to look like they are lego-size sets.

hesido

DOF is this gen's bloom

LOL, couldn't have worded it better.

There are quite a few spots where things look very bizzare, your teammate is 2-3 meters away from you and is blurred, the distance is sharp, your gun looks sharp. Maybe they tried to use DOF to emphasize the targets, without going for a photographic look (because they surely have failed, if that was their intention.), still looks distracting.

Wasp

I have to say I really enjoy CoD single-player campaigns, probably even more so than multiplayer. They are incredibly polished, high quality and visceral shooters. Very set-piece driven and pretty linear but there's nothing wrong with that.

In many ways they are like the Uncharted of first-person shooters, but military themed so therefore significantly worse characters and stories.

As for graphics, people should be championing the fact that the world's most popular videogame series subscribes to the performance > graphics philosophy.

Top Bottom